Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

To their credit, BT usually learn from mistakes/challenges and improve.. So would hope this to be the case next week.

Bit unfair to have a pop at a steward tbh... hardly their fault. 

50 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Having a go at stewards is just wrong....... we always make a point of saying thank you to them and flashing a smile as we go by.

Don't forget this is a whole new team, hopefully though learning from mistakes etc will carry on though - from what I am seeing so far it may even have improved.

PS BBC weather forecast now has 0% chance of rain for the entire festival........................... STICK

Working that field was good practice for the Woodland stage on Saturday night. Tbh, the people in the field were frustrated and not particularly unpleasant, just constant. The Saturday night was different. Again, the frustration was understandable, the anger directed at us was not. Luckily I'm fairly thick skinned (I work in customer service) although as a volunteer I shouldn't have to be. I'm less bothered by the fact that they are having a go at me, more that they think that's an ok way to behave. And we usually have a laugh about it later. Some stewards do get quite upset by it though.

It's your usual case of the vast majority are lovely, certainly more so than in my job but some are pricks.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

My choices are now coming together, an absolute clashtafuck.

Blue = 1st choice

Blue/green = still undecided 

Green = back up. Would like to see but will likely miss.

Screenshot_20230520_174206_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9d9615954a0e3867eb7d13634f9db12f.jpg

Screenshot_20230520_174221_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c2cefacaffb4e8f8e9b702157c5fdfcc.jpg

Screenshot_20230520_174344_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a402bbb7bcdb886966bcfeea10250920.jpg

Ours is starting to look easier - but only cos, like you, we have decided must sees - but so so so often there are 3  or more places to be at the same time.

and now add this to your dilemma. BT still says it has 9 stages. That means there is another 'stage' we do not know about which could well be the 'Under Construction' place on the map that could well be the new pub they said about complete with a small stage!!

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and now add this to your dilemma. BT still says it has 9 stages. That means there is another 'stage' we do not know about which could well be the 'Under Construction' place on the map that could well be the new pub they said about complete with a small stage!!

Could be, but could also be that they're counting either the Magic Teapot (which would be a stretch) or Rogues Hideout (which I think has some low key DJs in the evening).

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

48 minutes ago, incident said:

Could be, but could also be that they're counting either the Magic Teapot (which would be a stretch) or Rogues Hideout (which I think has some low key DJs in the evening).

Technically 11 all in 👀

Can anyone tell me what EMF are like live?  I was thinking I'd see them just cos I never have, but they clash (we think) with Yard Act who I saw last year at Glasto and I've really enjoyed listening to since.  My usual rule is I want to see two bands equally, I'd choose the one I haven't seen so at the moment it's EMF.

5 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Can anyone tell me what EMF are like live?  I was thinking I'd see them just cos I never have, but they clash (we think) with Yard Act who I saw last year at Glasto and I've really enjoyed listening to since.  My usual rule is I want to see two bands equally, I'd choose the one I haven't seen so at the moment it's EMF.

They're unbelievable... 

Actually, I've never seen them either, but just couldn't resist... 

I'll get my coat... 😁 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

They are good live, well I think they are cos they used to be my local band.

Seen them twice live recently and they were fun - sweary sweary fun

• Upvote 1

Started packing and loading the car today..shits getting real! 

Hope the atmosphere is same as in previous years...genuinely can't wait. 

Once we are pitched will take our trolley down to the entrance to give people a hand for a couple of hours..if you see a bloke in an anti Tory t shirt with a 7 year old and a massive orange trolley and you need a hand feel free to grab us

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

They are good live, well I think they are cos they used to be my local band.

Seen them twice live recently and they were fun - sweary sweary fun

Apparently James the singer is doing one of the lessons at the school which should be interesting.

20 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I saw them a few years and and they were decent.

I've just gone on to clashfinder to check I know how to print it when the time comes and the print preview is not showing any of my highlights.  I've never had a problem in the past, I've followed the instructions on the page and I'm doing it from Chrome.  Any suggestions?

11 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I've just gone on to clashfinder to check I know how to print it when the time comes and the print preview is not showing any of my highlights.  I've never had a problem in the past, I've followed the instructions on the page and I'm doing it from Chrome.  Any suggestions?

EDITED

OK I have the cure, it is not something I have ever had to do before so might just be a new version of Chrome:

In Print Preview select 'More Settings'
Then tick the box 'Background Graphics'

Your highlighted options will then show up.

and as Paul says - do not print yet, lots of changes likely in the next 48 hours.......... but after Weds evening it will not be updated any more as I am off line partying.

Thanks for the heads up on this.
image.thumb.png.fb3b00cbc5ac052654c251797376f991.png

Edited by Nobody Interesting

38 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

EDITED

OK I have the cure, it is not something I have ever had to do before so might just be a new version of Chrome:

In Print Preview select 'More Settings'
Then tick the box 'Background Graphics'

Your highlighted options will then show up.

and as Paul says - do not print yet, lots of changes likely in the next 48 hours.......... but after Weds evening it will not be updated any more as I am off line partying.

Thanks for the heads up on this.
image.thumb.png.fb3b00cbc5ac052654c251797376f991.png

You are spot on with Benefits, they have just confirmed they are on 3.45pm

6 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

You are spot on with Benefits, they have just confirmed they are on 3.45pm

I am looking forward to seeing how much I get right - it will be far from perfect, especially Maui Waui and Magical Sounds both of which are confusing me but loads is right 🙂

• Upvote 1