Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

13 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and as a result of watching them live at Blookstock in 2021 Sunday now looks like this, and this is without the smaller stages! Nightmare.
image.thumb.png.b3d9e7164820cc2cb29a2ffa435339e7.png

Good luck! Although one thing to correct, Lovely Eggs not highlighted  😉

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and as a result of watching them live at Blookstock in 2021 Sunday now looks like this, and this is without the smaller stages! Nightmare.

Honestly...would highly recommend seeing them then catching the end of Primals. Have seen Primals so many times over the years, one of the best and worst bands I've seen live. Last time they were a bit shit tbh. 

One of the few bands you haven't highlighted, Warmduscher, are one of my must sees! 

Edited by Flaminglippy

5 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Ooh love a 4-poster 😄

So trying to figure that out - is the entrance back into the campsites straight ahead between the two tents?

Yeah its hard to work out but i think you're not far away.  could be to the left as you enter the main arena close to where the welfare tent was.

4 minutes ago, bucko said:

Yeah its hard to work out but i think you're not far away.  could be to the left as you enter the main arena close to where the welfare tent was.

Probably yes - better for vehicle access on the track that runs along the river if it's on the left as you come in from the camping

8 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Here is a pic to help too from 2020.

Impressive, it wasn't on in 2020 😁

6 hours ago, kerplunk said:

My boots are from waterproof now but no way I'm wearing wellies! 

If it's anything like my garden I expect the ground is pretty soft, but the forecast is looking drier now so hopefully improving..

Ground is fine so far 

3 hours ago, kerplunk said:

Probably yes - better for vehicle access on the track that runs along the river if it's on the left as you come in from the camping

It's on the right, trackway been put down that side to BOH. 

13 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yes lad!!

haha, adding to clash central Sunday

I need to stop listening to playlists, not doing me any favours

13 hours ago, mario man said:

Good luck! Although one thing to correct, Lovely Eggs not highlighted  😉

Just don't like them...... which given the clash nightmare is lucky I suppose LOL

12 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Honestly...would highly recommend seeing them then catching the end of Primals. Have seen Primals so many times over the years, one of the best and worst bands I've seen live. Last time they were a bit shit tbh. 

One of the few bands you haven't highlighted, Warmduscher, are one of my must sees! 

We are at Beautiful Days so at least can see them there is all else fails.

12 hours ago, kerplunk said:

Ooh love a 4-poster 😄

So trying to figure that out - is the entrance back into the campsites straight ahead between the two tents?

At a 30 degree left angle if you see what I mean. The walk way will be to the left of the trees behind the blue Meadow stage.

59 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

At a 30 degree left angle if you see what I mean. The walk way will be to the left of the trees behind the blue Meadow stage.

Had a pop at putting Meadow onto last years layout:

BT2023.thumb.jpg.f500160c99f8a6d1b34ea8538473cdde.jpg

Do you reckon that's roughly where it is?

That was a "Food Area" so those stalls will distribute elsewhere easily enough I guess.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Just don't like them...... which given the clash nightmare is lucky I suppose LOL

We are at Beautiful Days so at least can see them there is all else fails.

Yeah...looking at BD line up can't see any clashes at all so will likely just be plonking me arse by the main stage for 3 days. Much more relaxing! 

16 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah...looking at BD line up can't see any clashes at all so will likely just be plonking me arse by the main stage for 3 days. Much more relaxing! 

I hadnt looked at BD's line up really, just had a quick mooch, i likes it. I can never make that weekend, so have never been, would love too, with the Levs being my fave band and all.

31 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

That was a "Food Area" so those stalls will distribute elsewhere easily enough I guess.

Why don't i remember the Holy Goat Bar?

1 hour ago, Rumblestripe said:

Not there. As you walk in from camping it is on RHS in what is Healing and Crafts I think.... or roughly there.

15 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Last time I saw Primals was at Glastonbury last years and it was the definition of a game of 2 halves.

1st half was frankly rather dull after a couple of songs, they then brought out the choir and the second half was incredible. I'm therefore definitely doing Mysterines > Skindred, then catching part 2 of Primal Scream. Shame I'll miss The Pretenders but it sounds like there is a chance they will show up at Glastonbury (where I'll probably also miss them).

Are there security lockers this year? as can't see any details on website and a bit concerned as I'm camping on my own (abid in glamping but had to be done given I don't have my partner with me now), last time I was there in 2019 there were a few thefts so want to make sure belongings are safe

Thanks

24 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Are there security lockers this year? as can't see any details on website and a bit concerned as I'm camping on my own (abid in glamping but had to be done given I don't have my partner with me now), last time I was there in 2019 there were a few thefts so want to make sure belongings are safe

Thanks

There were supposed to be last year but were not.

I would drop Bearded an email to ask - or tag them in any new FB post as they seem to reply if done not long after posting

40 minutes ago, leeds lad said:

Just looking at the clashfinder and it shows first band on Friday on the meadow as Girlband. Is this what are now called Gilla band? I'm really hoping so 🙂

37 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yes it is.

No, this is a new band that took the recently vacated name

https://girlbandofficialchannel.bandcamp.com/track/boys-with-girls