Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

5 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Sorted now via Twickets. 

Happy days, can't wait. I thought for quite a while that I couldn't make it to BT (my daughter was going to get married - still is but next year now) and various other things but the path is now clear. Ticket bought. Can't tell you how excited I am by the line up, though it does look like there will be clashes of almost Glasto-esque magnitude.

Peace out!

Glad to hear that , unfortunately my son has a football tournament on the Saturday so I am out. Have a good one it looks amazing 

3 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Just got the Benefits album blasting out. Absolute belter. If you like your music loud angry and left-wing definitely worth a listen. Brilliant live as well. If they dont clash recommend catching by their set. 

Yeah i had a go with them, would really like to catch them, clashes are gonna be unreal though. Everytime I look at the line up I see more, i have far too many 'must sees'

• Upvote 1

On 4/21/2023 at 2:19 PM, Perks said:

Yeah i had a go with them, would really like to catch them, clashes are gonna be unreal though. Everytime I look at the line up I see more, i have far too many 'must sees'

Same on the clashes. Finally got tickets at the weekend and now listening to a playlist. It's not helping!

Holy Moly and the Crackers one of a developing list of additional bands i'd like to catch.

I'm volunteering with Oxfam, went to Bearded 2019 as a punter and thoroughly enjoyed it! There's so much on the line up that I'm not bothered that I'll miss some.  Can't wait! 

13 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Wonder why there is a delay in stage breakdowns. Could it be due to Pretenders headlining but can't announce due to the exclusive elsewhere?

I did wonder that but the site that shows them as exclusive elsewhere is unofficial. They are playing Sunday as well and Primal scream are Sunday headliners.

What are the crowd demographics of this festival like?

My friends and I are looking at going because we can't make Green Man this year. Looks like it's a very similar vibe of festival - not too many rules, trusting people to behave themselves. However I'm worried it might be too family-oriented. We're a group of childless thirty year olds looking to see good bands in the day then switch to the dance areas at night. Is there a reasonable amount of adult-only activity in the evening?

Thank you 😊

31 minutes ago, TangoLemon said:

My friends and I are looking at going because we can't make Green Man this year. Looks like it's a very similar vibe of festival - not too many rules, trusting people to behave themselves. However I'm worried it might be too family-oriented. We're a group of childless thirty year olds looking to see good bands in the day then switch to the dance areas at night. Is there a reasonable amount of adult-only activity in the evening?

Thank you 😊

I see no reason why you will not love it.

31 minutes ago, TangoLemon said:

Thank you 😊

Not as much as say Glastonbury. There is a karaoke and cheesey disco tent and this year a silent disco. Dance tent goes on until 1 or 2ish.

40 minutes ago, TangoLemon said:

Thank you 😊

Bearded caters to families, but not in a way that feels exclusionary or overwhelming in the way that say Camp Bestival, Latitude, and WOMAD can. I'd call it more of a festival for adults that makes excellent provision for those who wish to bring their kids.

You won't be out of place. Within the Adult demographic you'll be a bit younger than the average, but not enough to feel out of place. There'll be plenty of adults there who don't have kids, and even those that do it won't be uncommon for them to offload the kids for a night and let loose.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TangoLemon said:

Thank you 😊

52 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Not as much as say Glastonbury. There is a karaoke and cheesey disco tent and this year a silent disco. Dance tent goes on until 1 or 2ish.

Magical Sounds usually ends at 3am Friday and Saturday, midnight Sunday.
Same for Knockerdown Variety Tent and Something Else Tea Tent.

This year there is a new silent disco in the woodland after the headliners but no idea when that ends.

@incidentcomment above is absolutely spot on…. they have great facilities for kids but it never feels that there are loads of kids there…

a quick question from me (as I cannot for the life of me find it on the website)..

what time do they open on Thursday.? 
specifically the CV fields.. ? Last year we didn’t show until late afternoon and ended up the other side of Catton Hall, would like to be back in Trent this year

9 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

@incidentcomment above is absolutely spot on…. they have great facilities for kids but it never feels that there are loads of kids there…

a quick question from me (as I cannot for the life of me find it on the website)..

what time do they open on Thursday.? 
specifically the CV fields.. ? Last year we didn’t show until late afternoon and ended up the other side of Catton Hall, would like to be back in Trent this year

We just missed having to camp in the car park last year.....