Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

11 minutes ago, Rich88 said:

Biffy for Thursday headline?

pretty mainstream nowadays and a clear diary as far as I can see?

Headline? Maybe if a smaller rock acts falls through...

For that Stromae slot they'll need something else I reckon. 

Edited by matrainertje

I know it's wishful thinking and I'm going to be in the minority, but I'd love for The Offspring to replace either Stromae or Slowthai. Wishful thinking as they have a substantial gap in their European tour which while it would be possible, it would seem to go against the break that they have planned. Furthermore, can't see them in the Barn, as they would demand main stage.

2 minutes ago, The Black said:

I know it's wishful thinking and I'm going to be in the minority, but I'd love for The Offspring to replace either Stromae or Slowthai. Wishful thinking as they have a substantial gap in their European tour which while it would be possible, it would seem to go against the break that they have planned. Furthermore, can't see them in the Barn, as they would demand main stage.

Those are two very different sized gaps to fill. 

3 hours ago, graceunderpressure said:

Has Blur got a chance or is it just wishful thinking ? . I know they are playing a month later in Belgium 

They play in Amsterdam on June 27th so they'll be in the neighbourhood for sure. But on Friday (June 30) they play at Roskilde and that reduces the chances substantially.

• Upvote 1

With a new Blur album, it seems reasonable they plan a more broad tour next summer. I don't see how RW24 is not on their agenda. Maybe that will prevent a potential emergency booking?

With that being said, if the option exists - fuck public opinion, gimme Damon every year

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ohad said:

With a new Blur album, it seems reasonable they plan a more broad tour next summer. I don't see how RW24 is not on their agenda. Maybe that will prevent a potential emergency booking?

With that being said, if the option exists - fuck public opinion, gimme Damon every year

They had the chance to book Blur this year and chose not to. The fact that both Lokerse Feesten and their standalone EU shows are selling poorly proves RW made the right choice. I don't think Blur are still fit to headline a major fest in the Benelux.

6 hours ago, Dietediet said:

They had the chance to book Blur this year and chose not to. The fact that both Lokerse Feesten and their standalone EU shows are selling poorly proves RW made the right choice. I don't think Blur are still fit to headline a major fest in the Benelux.

Shame about their diminishing status in the Benelux countries. Their Werchter concert in 2013 is easily in my top 3 concerts of the festival. On the other hand Werchter didn't sell out Thursday with Stromae either😉

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Name taken said:

Big fan, but BLUR is a nineties band.

it’s 2023 nowadays. The release of Parklife is 1994.

Younger crowds don’t give a damn about Blur.

I don't know why Blur are not more popular in Belgium but I don't agree with this as a justification. 

Many (if not most) bands that are considered obvious headliners/big sellers/stadium fillers today are actually from the 90s or earlier. Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Foo Fighters, and so on...

Guns N' Roses have released one album (in 2008 without much success) since '93. 

Maybe Britpop never became a thing in BE I don't know...

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1