Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

23 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Rosalie- Christine is more coherent to me than Rosalia-QOTSA-AM, but I really don't know

We are talking about Rock Werchter, they don´t really care about coherence

13 minutes ago, Gossard said:

That would make no sense at all. We already have one "nobody" subbing, adding another makes no sense what so ever. It's Rock Werchter for crying out loud, they usually have a massive lineup...this year, not so much so far!

That she´s a nobody to you, doesn´t mean she isn´t a big name. I don´t like her music but she sells a lot of tickets 

47 minutes ago, Gossard said:

She is nowhere near big enough to sub the main stage at Rock Werchter...

I'm pretty sure she is, I had to see her in Düsseldorf, cause almost her whole european tour was sold out. (It was sold out in the end too). She's definetly a bigger ticket-seller than Editors, The Black Keys etc. and I'd say she would even sell more tickets than Queens of the Stone Age. (At a stand-alone show, not in the Rock Werchter-context, which fits better to QotSA obviously).

She’s one of the biggest acts in the world today, she’s headlining festivals in Europe, she’s shifting tickets in Belgium. What else do you need to realize she’s worth that sub position?

AM / QOTSA / Rosalia would be a hell of a trio. Maybe the strongest day of next year’s festivals.

2 hours ago, Gossard said:

That would make no sense at all. We already have one "nobody" subbing, adding another makes no sense what so ever. It's Rock Werchter for crying out loud, they usually have a massive lineup...this year, not so much so far!

Beyond out of touch. One of the biggest names of the year. 

1 hour ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I guess that too! Lady Gaga played in the barn in 2009 for example. Same with Lana del Rey in 2012.

Lady Gaga and Lana Del Rey were at much earlier phases in their career when playing the tent. Rosalia is at a point where she's subbing or headlining major festivals in Europe.

Also: the guy who correctly leaked a lot of info recently has confirmed that Christine is closing the Barn. And since Rosalia is above him on the lineup page, the conclusion should be simple.

12 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Lady Gaga and Lana Del Rey were at much earlier phases in their career when playing the tent. Rosalia is at a point where she's subbing or headlining major festivals in Europe.

Also: the guy who correctly leaked a lot of info recently has confirmed that Christine is closing the Barn. And since Rosalia is above him on the lineup page, the conclusion should be simple.

Tbh it probably solves it, yeah

Do you guys reckon Jacob Collier will perform at the barn or club c? Wondering if i have a chance to catch him and later qotsa and am

Edited by Ohad

38 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Well they both had successful debut albums and Lady Gaga for instance already had "Bad Romance" being played on the radio non stop. 

That being said, the fact that this year (so far) has a poorer line up than 2009 and 2012 imo, Rosalia might play main stage after all. 

6 hours ago, Ken19 said:

She is playing main stage. Christine is closing Barn.

Ben Howard will be added for Friday. 

That's great! Hopefully in the Barn

I think most editions have small(ish) subs especially on co-head structures or headliner+main stage dance acts (Nutini, Ben Howard, James Blake, Jack Johnson, Greta Van Fleet, all come to mind from the last 10 years), but Rosalia is much bigger right now than any of them when they played.

If we go by this picture it looks like she is playing below QOTSA who are likely subbing. That means she's playing third down at best and if so she'll be playing around 7pm. I said she'd play in the barn or in the afternoon at the Main Stage, not subbing...I guess I was pretty close.

image.thumb.png.6f01a88e631308986cf3673d949e2b79.png

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gossard said:

If we go by this picture it looks like she is playing below QOTSA who are likely subbing. That means she's playing third down at best and if so she'll be playing around 7pm. I said she'd play in the barn or in the afternoon at the Main Stage, not subbing...I guess I was pretty close.

image.thumb.png.6f01a88e631308986cf3673d949e2b79.png

To me, she's simply subbing the two co-heads. Which is a logical spot, even though not my taste!

2 minutes ago, VCF said:

Yeah, pretty sure every poster here meant third down as subbing, as we’ve known for a while AM / QOTSA would be our co-heads.

Yeah, we have two headliners this day, so Rosalia is sub before them. That´s what I meant indeed. Like Anne-Marie, Royal Blood last year for instance

1 minute ago, VCF said:

Yeah, pretty sure every poster here meant third down as subbing, as we’ve known for a while AM / QOTSA would be our co-heads.

Of course everybody meant third down when they said subbing 😆

AM are announced as headliners, not co-headliners, just as headliners.
https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/news/arctic-monkeys-at-rock-werchter-2023

It doesn't say anything about co-headlining in the QOTSA announcement.
https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/news/Queens-of-the-Stone-Age-join-the-Rock-Werchter-2023-line-up