Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

16 hours ago, Jefb said:

Okay in that case, every year the same line up is no problem

Not every band is 1) great live or 2) available  every year.🤣

the other thing to add is that the "status" of bands can change drastically year on year, especially when starting out. 

If certain bands put on a great show one year at a festival and fans are raving about it, why not reward them with a repeat visit. 

It certainly wouldn't bother me as there could be a band i miss one year due to a clash that i can then see the following year. 

as long as its only a few repeat bands and they are bands worth repeating  - no issue 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Not every band is 1) great live or 2) available  every year.🤣

the other thing to add is that the "status" of bands can change drastically year on year, especially when starting out. 

If certain bands put on a great show one year at a festival and fans are raving about it, why not reward them with a repeat visit. 

It certainly wouldn't bother me as there could be a band i miss one year due to a clash that i can then see the following year. 

as long as its only a few repeat bands and they are bands worth repeating  - no issue 

Well said! That was pretty much the point I was also trying to make. Seeing bands like Turnstile, Fontaines, The Chats, etc. for second time in a row, while they are growing, with new material and more people into them is much different than seeing…e.g. Royal Blood for the 10th time (and I like Royal Blood). Same goes for “party” acts like Bicep or Paul Kalkbrenner. 

About £105 or 15% difference from last year based on two of us going with a pre-pitched myspace tent, that's before getting into tokens which is a trickier one to work out.

Bit more than I expected honestly and with AM and Muse on the bill, we're probably out this time.

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

About £105 or 15% difference from last year based on two of us going with a pre-pitched myspace tent, that's before getting into tokens which is a trickier one to work out.

Bit more than I expected honestly and with AM and Muse on the bill, we're probably out this time.

This year definitely won't be a fast buy on my size either, will wait til around Janury as salaries get indexed in Belgium + how the lineup looks by then.

Tokens are the same price in euros, not sure about the affect of the pound/euro value though.

Edited by polnico

19 minutes ago, polnico said:

Tokens are the same price in euros, not sure about the affect of the pound/euro value though.

Tokens have all gone up slightly haven't they? We paid 3 euro each in presale rather than 3.25 and I'm sure they were 3.25 at the festival itself rather than 3.50. Maybe it's just the presale that's gone up.

Just now, BenG92 said:

Tokens have all gone up slightly haven't they? We paid 3 euro each in presale rather than 3.25 and I'm sure they were 3.25 at the festival itself rather than 3.50. Maybe it's just the presale that's gone up.

I'm pretty sure I paid 3.25 in presale and they were 3.50 at the festival. I only got the tokens after the December price increase though, which might have affected them (can't remember that). Or maybe did you buy them in 2020 ?

1 minute ago, polnico said:

I'm pretty sure I paid 3.25 in presale and they were 3.50 at the festival. I only got the tokens after the December price increase though, which might have affected them (can't remember that). Or maybe did you buy them in 2020 ?

Last October we got them for 3 each, think you're right about a December increase. So yeah it's just presale that's been nerfed slightly. Not all that bad.

Trying to think who would 100% convince me to go at this point and I don't think it's headliners. I'd be looking for something like

Radiohead / The Cure / Depeche Mode

And we all know that ain't happening. Will have to be a crazy undercard instead.

24 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Trying to think who would 100% convince me to go at this point and I don't think it's headliners. I'd be looking for something like

Radiohead / The Cure / Depeche Mode

And we all know that ain't happening. Will have to be a crazy undercard instead.

I will be hard. The 3 current headliners do nothing for me. 

Blur could change that…

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Just receive the mail from TicketMaster about the RW tickets. It let me think we won't have any other names before tickets go on sale on Saturday and so without the Friday headliner... 

I’d expect one more announcement on Friday just before the sale starts. Not necessarily with the Friday headliner.