Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

1 hour ago, atomised said:

https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/line-up-archive/

not what the 2018 page says here.  I had double checked the info here before posting not to mention that 2018 was my first victorious for those 3 acts 

yep im wrong,but kaisers were and are not headliners and libs were headliners and special guest. think they would not re cycle headliners so early imo.

2 minutes ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Interesting to see the different lines up and how much the prices have gone up in 10 years.

still a bargain early bird and compared to other fest prices. been every year since moved and must say with sun out it is one of my fave fests

Victorious only ever book UK acts as headliner. I can't recall them ever not having a UK headliner since Flaming Lips. 

It's clear they're struggling because it's labelled as TBC not TBA. They don't have anyone. 

I wonder if they had someone and that act switched to Reading and Leeds due to someone pulling out there. 

I personally think theyre been trying to work out a deal to get Pulp. It's the same as when Supergrass returned and Victorious and IOW agreed they would play both as the reunion is a short term thing, but I reckon IOW aren't playing ball so they're now giving up on it and trying to find someone else.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

tbf - prodigy are one of the only acts who have been announcing stuff slowly and with no real pattern. could very much be them i think, would bring a great crowd being billed alongside Kasabian i think

I kind of think even though it's close in terms of years The Prodigy are a different outfit minus Keith so that may inspire bringing them back 

6 minutes ago, atomised said:

I kind of think even though it's close in terms of years The Prodigy are a different outfit minus Keith so that may inspire bringing them back 

tbh other fests will repeat headliners way more frequently anyway and it will sell well regardless.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Victorious only ever book UK acts as headliner. I can't recall them ever not having a UK headliner since Flaming Lips. 

It's clear they're struggling because it's labelled as TBC not TBA. They don't have anyone. 

I wonder if they had someone and that act switched to Reading and Leeds due to someone pulling out there. 

I personally think theyre been trying to work out a deal to get Pulp. It's the same as when Supergrass returned and Victorious and IOW agreed they would play both as the reunion is a short term thing, but I reckon IOW aren't playing ball so they're now giving up on it and trying to find someone else.

Pulp would be a brilliant closer but I think there’s about as much chance of them as Blur playing 🤣 I would love to be wrong on that by the way!

still think The Who are a shout or a Weller return 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, atomised said:

Tbh they really aren't, Im a huge Prodigy fan and outside of Firestarter, some of breathe and run with the wolves, Maxim did most of the vocals for the group. 

It will affect them less than most people think. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Connect just announced, same weekend as victorious.  Reckon we could share a few?  Franz Ferdinand are a good shout, not sure if much else

D3061A8B-0266-49AA-B122-00A78AB087E1.jpeg

Being honest I think Victorious has announced pretty much all of their 2 main stage lineups

21 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Tbh they really aren't, Im a huge Prodigy fan and outside of Firestarter, some of breathe and run with the wolves, Maxim did most of the vocals for the group. 

It will affect them less than most people think. 

I felt on the tour it was a very different show without the additional focal point  could of course be the lack of chemicals these days 

11 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I’m feeling more optimistic 😁 with 3 full days I’m expecting a really good announcement in March. Always some diamonds on the smaller stages too

I agree, I think we due another 12-14 names including headliner.

The Poster has always had all the Castle/Common acts, the beats & Swing or previously Seaside stage headliner....and 4/5 acts on Acoustic Stage. I feel  they may have some more good names to come....well im hoping x

Edited by kelstar

12 minutes ago, kelstar said:

The Poster has always had all the Castle/Common acts, the beats & Swing or previously Seaside stage headliner....and 4/5 acts on Acoustic Stage. I feel  they may have some more good names to come....well im hoping x

Hope so as I am on the verge of saying 'I'm out!'

23 minutes ago, kelstar said:

I’m sure this poster was bigger this time than the last first poster.  Shall look later when I can be bothered 

Ok on a meeting and bored so looked.

2nd Announcement in 2022 had 20 acts for Saturday and 17 for Sunday.  On the 3rd announcement (24/3) a further 5 were added on Saturday (25 total) and 9 for Sunday (26 total)

This time… 23 announced for Saturday and 21 for Sunday.  

If we went on last years figures we can expect 2 more for Saturday and 5 more for Sunday 

10 minutes ago, sisco said:

Ok on a meeting and bored so looked.

2nd Announcement in 2022 had 20 acts for Saturday and 17 for Sunday.  On the 3rd announcement (24/3) a further 5 were added on Saturday (25 total) and 9 for Sunday (26 total)

This time… 23 announced for Saturday and 21 for Sunday.  

If we went on last years figures we can expect 2 more for Saturday and 5 more for Sunday 

Hahaha....do we all do this at work?

And the Friday counts as a full day now, and we only have 21 acts on poster, so 4/5 for Friday if following trendx

4 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Hahaha....do we all do this at work?

And the Friday counts as a full day now, and we only have 21 acts on poster, so 4/5 for Friday if following trendx

Yep.  So… around 10 or so acts to go including a header 

53 minutes ago, sisco said:

image.thumb.png.869f60cbd1bf0eb09ab9644f48c39ee1.pngWell they’re about 

I’d agree with the above comment - rules them out more than puts them in contention. 

they are ultra fit for their age but I’m 42 and wouldn’t like to be driving from pompey to Norfolk on any day let alone a bank holiday 😂😂