What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2023?

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

4 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

mmm... well, due to train strikes and sickness it looks like i may very well be the only one in the office today...

so its not what have i DONE to get ready... but what will i DO to get ready!

its looking like another one of those FESTIVAL 1 - WORK 0 type days...

aaaah f**k it - one of the directors just turned up... and out of the entire office guess what, he sits directly behind me!

score one for WORK.

bugger.

• Like 1

Ordered my MOTH cocktails this morning......can anyone tell me if you can get away with drinking them straight from the can and they don't taste disgusting?

I have a F&B tent so I'm hoping that will suffice....but if not may have to bring my own cup and get ice from the co-op!

Just started figuring out what drinks I will be taking with me. On the coach so weight is key priority. I'm thinking spirits decanted into reusable water bottles then buying mixers at co op on site. Plus maybe a few cans of cider for the day time.

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Ordered my MOTH cocktails this morning......can anyone tell me if you can get away with drinking them straight from the can and they don't taste disgusting?

I have a F&B tent so I'm hoping that will suffice....but if not may have to bring my own cup and get ice from the co-op!

I found from the can is quite a sugar overload, it does the job if you’re looking to feel the effects from their strength but if you want to sip and enjoy I’d maybe suggest adding it with a soft drink (and ice if you can)

11 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Put them under your groundsheet at night. The ground acts as fridge  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, savethatjek said:

I found from the can is quite a sugar overload, it does the job if you’re looking to feel the effects from their strength but if you want to sip and enjoy I’d maybe suggest adding it with a soft drink (and ice if you can)

Did you find they were ok being drank 'warm' i.e having been stored in a tent? 

I may look at buying mixer/ice if I take them out and about, but I'm also thinking about drinking them at the campsite, but equally don't want to waste them given them high cost if they taste rank!

13 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I may look at buying mixer/ice if I take them out and about, but I'm also thinking about drinking them at the campsite, but equally don't want to waste them given them high cost if they taste rank!

So I had the Negroni and Margarita last year, I’d say they were still enjoyable despite not being chilled. For me it was just the sugar + warmth outside that I didn’t like as much, but that’s just my own preference when it comes to sweet tasting things in the heat.

I’d say a couple were drinkable at a warm temp but then you might be itching for a soft drink or something chilled to mix them with, so you feel like you’re getting your money’s worth. I’m bringing the French75’s this year and hoping to mix with lemonade in my chilly’s bottle.

Edited by savethatjek

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Theyr'e deffos not rank! and why dilute them? 

depends on you're preference I guess, I'm drinking mine out of the can, and with ice if I can. 

3 minutes ago, savethatjek said:

So I had the Negroni and Margarita last year, I’d say they were still enjoyable despite not being chilled. For me it was just the sugar + warmth outside that I didn’t like as much, but that’s just my own preference when it comes to sweet tasting things in the heat.

I’d say a couple were drinkable at a warm temp but then you might be itching for a soft drink or something chilled to mix them with, so you feel like your getting your money’s worth. I’m bringing the French75’s this year and hoping to mix with lemonade in my chilly’s bottle.

ok nice one cheers - looks like I'll be ok straight from the can at camp - luckily we are usually closeish to the co-op so I'll hopefully get some ice to go with them on the weds 🙂 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I would suggest getting a bottle of soda water for topping them up to reduce the furry teeth/instant diabetes effect, but they're definitely better than most tinned cocktails.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, prog seller said:

depends on you're preference I guess, I'm drinking mine out of the can, and with ice if I can. 

They are incredibly sweet, far too sweet for me so can understand people wanting to dilute that. I def think there is a business opportunity for low sugar cocktails

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, prog seller said:

In case they are too warm because stored at camp?  That was the question I was sort of asking. 🙂 

9 minutes ago, Littlechef87 said:

I would suggest getting a bottle of soda water for topping them up to reduce the furry teeth/instant diabetes effect, but they're definitely better than most tinned cocktails.

brush my teeth with no toothpaste after each one? 😄 

On 6/1/2023 at 7:46 AM, RichardWaller said:

Booked the Monday before off. I don’t know what planet I was on when I thought oh I’ll work the Monday, get my sh*t together and go down Tuesday. I’ll be neither use nor ornament to anyone that day, feeling quite distracted and very useless this week and it’s not going to get better from here.

I wish I could spare the leave to do this! Sadly I’m pretty sure I’m duty GP that day which will inevitably be carnage but I will at least be smiling knowing I’ll be parked up in the CV field the next day!

5 minutes ago, MrsRookin said:

I wish I could spare the leave to do this! Sadly I’m pretty sure I’m duty GP that day which will inevitably be carnage but I will at least be smiling knowing I’ll be parked up in the CV field the next day!

It doesn't count for much, but of course we thank you for your service 😊

1 hour ago, LR10416 said:

Just started figuring out what drinks I will be taking with me. On the coach so weight is key priority. I'm thinking spirits decanted into reusable water bottles then buying mixers at co op on site. Plus maybe a few cans of cider for the day time.

Need to think specifically about the mixers you want, as their range is very finite. I bought two shaker bottles last year as they could each fit 750ml flavoured gin, but the shop didn't stock tonic (mgr said not allowed to), hence we made do with overpriced sprite from food stalls - was quite nice tbh. 

Regarding keeping drinks cool, last year I bought one of those food flasks and just shoved as much ice as I could fit in, then use remainder or gave away. My flask was recommended on here and it's by Sho (so wasn't cheap) but kept it cool for 18 hours maybe, even with those temps, then repeated next day. 

Edited by clarkete

43 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Need to think specifically about the mixers you want, as their range is very finite. I bought two shaker bottles last year as they could each fit 750ml flavoured gin, but the shop didn't stock tonic (mgr said not allowed to), hence we made do with overpriced sprite from food stalls - was quite nice tbh. 

Regarding keeping drinks cool, last year I bought one of those food flasks and just shoved as much ice as I could fit in, then use remainder or gave away. My flask was recommended on here and it's by Sho (so wasn't cheap) but kept it cool for 18 hours maybe, even with those temps, then repeated next day. 

Can you recall the size of the ice bags at all? 🙂