LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

On 3/28/2024 at 7:10 AM, Ben7amin_ said:

Come on seriously!

This is the most wide of the mark line up criticism I have seen yet 

Here is a list of 30 names from the first poster who did not exist in 2011. 

Dua Lipa, Little Simz, Blondshell, NewDad, Last Dinner Party, Olivia Dean, Seventeen, Ayra Star, Anne Marie, Nothing But Theives, Confidence Man, Jungle, Heilung, Nia Archives, Black Pumas, Jordan Rakei, Masego, Squid, Arlo Parks, Remi Wolf, Yard Act, Kneecap, High Vis, Kenya Grace, Soccer Mommy, Eliza Rose, Fontains DC, Declan McKenna, Barry Can't Swim, Bar Italia.

And yes I did take that 2011 comment too seriously. 🙂

That top line is absolutely top drawer too. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I believe Guy Garvey has ruled them out. 

Outside of that I’m only seeing seven repeat names, pretty low proportion of this years announced acts. 

Why would Guy Garvey rule out James?

5 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Having seen Newdad before I think they will be a big breakout act this year. 

Still not seen them but cannot wait. If their album isn’t my most splayed of the year it’s a damn close second. They are also the reason I’m considering Manchester Psych Fest this year, some other gems in the lineup too:

https://www.manchesterpsychfest.com/line-up

I just need to justify going there 4 days after flying back from Rock En Seine in Paris. 

Edited by Kaboom Boxer

57 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

That top line is absolutely top drawer too. 

If Anne marie is top drawer i don't want to know whats in the bottom

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

If Anne marie is top drawer i don't want to know whats in the bottom

I’m on mobile so there may be a few that sneak on to the top line on desktop that didn’t on my screen. This is the top line I was referring to:

Dua Lipa, Little Simz, Blondshell, NewDad, Last Dinner Party

Edited by Kaboom Boxer

57 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Still not seen them but cannot wait. If their album isn’t my most splayed of the year it’s a damn close second. They are also the reason I’m considering Manchester Psych Fest this year, some other gems in the lineup too:

https://www.manchesterpsychfest.com/line-up

I just need to justify going there 4 days after flying back from Rock En Seine in Paris. 

I've never done the Psych fest despite living in  Manchester. I go to Shambala every year which is just before it.and like you I'm a bit festival out when it comes around.

21 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I've never done the Psych fest despite living in  Manchester. I go to Shambala every year which is just before it.and like you I'm a bit festival out when it comes around.

Yeah I’m a Manchester lad too, the stars have just never aligned to get me there. Tempted this year though. 

On 3/29/2024 at 10:32 AM, Gnomicide said:

2016 was a poor line-up. Little to excite me on the first poster, though a few with a curiosity factor.

Then when the time came out, the few on my list all seemed to clash with each other.

I had the same issue. In combination with the f**k awful weather, it was turgid.

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

still plenty of chance of area drops 

Yup, but the West Holts dropped last year about the time that the poster did this year and then there was a month before anything. 13th April was silver hayes which came after resale ticket information Wednesday that week. At best I think we will get the resale information on the 9th and then 10-12th stage lineup drops, but if I was betting I'd say 10th - 12th will include two lineups and resale. 3 stages at the absolute max before the actual resale takes place.

I think the individual stage posters will start some time next week after the balance window closes.  If I had to guess, I'd go 12th April.

18 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I think the individual stage posters will start some time next week after the balance window closes.  If I had to guess, I'd go 12th April.

Have we ever had an area drop partway through the window? I could probably look on Thingy - but since the lineup has been debated a lot perhaps this would help to persuade people to pay up.

Edited by discgoesmic

I reckon all the complainants will cough up anyway.  There was lots of moaning last year to be fair and some people suggested a name drop/area drop before the window closed might encourage punters to pay the balance.  In the end - not needed.