2023 Stage Predictions

25 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Ah yeah, I remember now.  What a rollercoaster of a few days that was!

would lvoe some info on arcadia this year! someone posted in the dance thread HAAi and Jon Hopkins b2b, seems a bit random not to be true imo

Tried to put together what's likely and has been rumoured so far. Couldn't be bothered with the rest as it would be purely guesswork and unavoidably a wishlist that's way too strong. Went out of my way to avoid Elton/Prodigy/Fred clash so I don't cause too much stress, although I think it's very likely at least two of them will.

P: AM / LDR / Royal Blood
O: Prodigy / Wet Leg
WH: Stromae

P: GNR / Lizzo / Capaldi
O: Sam Smith / NxWorries
WH: Federico Otra Vez

P: Elton / Pulp / Blondie / Rod
O: QOTSA / Black Keys
WH: Rosalía

6 hours ago, p.pete said:

Most of the below is based on acts I've been trying to listen to, but know very little about, on the assumption that I think most of them are free to play (as and when I attempted to check at least).  So, massive blind-spots in what I've been listening to (based on my poor taste), so probably lots of stuff missing, but any that you think definitely aren't playing let me know so that I can kick some of them off my playlist.

I've probably put as much effort into making the below neat with bold & under-lining as I have in terms of clashes and who's available on what days.  Christ, massive respect to anyone who's tried to do these before.  Who should play what stage, at what time of day, availability on some days but not others, gender split etc etc.  Fuck it, the Saw Doctors definitely said something about being happy to take some of the GnR crowd, but they'd like to be as far away from them as possible.

Fri: Suede -> RAYE -> Anne-Marie -> FKA Twigs/easy life/Wet Leg -> Maisie Peters -> Self Esteem -> Pulp -> SZA

Sat: Peggy Gou -> Mimi Webb -> The Big Moon -> The Chicks -> Bon Iver -> Becky Hill -> Aphex Twin/Lil Nas X -> ROSALIÁ

Sun: Yves Tumor -> Joy Crookes -> PinkPantheress -> Yard Act/Jamie T -> Holly Humberstone -> CHVRCHES -> Lizzo/Fred Again../Bleachers -> Elton John

Damn, that would be one hell of a lineup! Appreciate the time that went into this.

2 minutes ago, clasher said:

Tried to put together what's likely and has been rumoured so far. Couldn't be bothered with the rest as it would be purely guesswork and unavoidably a wishlist that's way too strong. Went out of my way to avoid Elton/Prodigy/Fred clash so I don't cause too much stress, although I think it's very likely at least two of them will.

Rod Stewart into Blondie into Pulp into Elton John has, in the space of about eight or so hours, got an extortionate amount of singalong bangers.

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Rod Stewart into Blondie into Pulp into Elton John has, in the space of about eight or so hours, got an extortionate amount of singalong bangers.

Yes. Blondie could do a number of different slots I suppose and "third down pyramid" wouldn't be my first thought, but I put them there solely for the banger combo.

17 minutes ago, clasher said:

QOTSA are subbing Elton I've heard.