2023 Stage Predictions

SomeoneListeningIn

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m sorry this is the worst day at Glastonbury I’ve ever seen. That pyramid stage and other combo makes me want to throw up. Literally.

Who hurt you?

Courteeners headlining the Other is going to happen at some point, so it may as well happen up against a ginormous, iconic Pyramid headliner that nobody in their right mind would dare miss. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Courteeners headlining the Other is going to happen at some point, so it may as well happen up against a ginormous Pyramid headliner that nobody would dare miss. 

If the north of England ever secedes, it'll be appointing Liam Fray to write their new national anthem.

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Courteeners headlining the Other is going to happen at some point, so it may as well happen up against a ginormous Pyramid headliner that nobody would dare miss. 

Nah it’s the fact that the entire Saturday looks like it was made by someone who only attends IOW festival.

I understand people want to temper expectations but 2022 was one of the most solid lineups we’ve ever had. Glasto won’t book something that shite.

Edited by Matt42

5 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Knocked this up very quickly, based partially on a list of upcoming album releases (or rumoured ones)

Friday

PY: Dua Lipa/Lizzo/Paolo Nutini/Ozzy Osbourne/Simple Minds/Oh Wonder

O: Kasabian/Chvrches/Jungle/Maggie Rogers

WH: Young Fathers

JP: Suede

Pa: Rosalia

Saturday

PY: Elton John/Lewis Capaldi/Bryan Adams/Dermot Kennedy/Becky Hill

O: Courteeners/Gerry Cinnamon/Rina Sawayama/Mura Masa

WH: Jamie XX

JP: D-Block Europe

Pa: Death Cab For Cutie

Sunday

PY: Bruno Mars/Nick Cave/Anderson .Paak/Aerosmith/Michael Kiwanuka

O: The Chemical Brothers/Wet Leg/Editors/Carly Rae Jepsen

WH: Aitch

JP: Bring Me The Horizon/Mabel

Pa: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Well aware the Pyramid headliners are unlikely to be as poppy as that, but trying to square the circle of having at least one guitar band and at least one female act and at least one non-white act is harder than it sounds!! 

Lizzo is absolutely nailed on for an Other Stage headliner slot next year, and you've missed her.

She had an amazing West Holts performance in 2019 (blew the roof off) and will be in the middle of a worldwide tour of an album next summer.

I would bet a bollock she will be headlining the Other Stage at least one day. The most obvious of obvious choices.

Just now, Isaact said:

Lizzo is absolutely nailed on for an Other Stage headliner slot next year, and you've missed her.

She had an amazing West Holts performance in 2019 (blew the roof off) and will be in the middle of a worldwide tour of an album next summer.

I would bet a bollock she will be headlining the Other Stage at least one day. The most obvious of obvious choices.

Would make more sense subbing Dua to me, but you could well be right. 

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Would make more sense subbing Dua to me, but you could well be right. 

Oops, apologies! Don't know how I missed her. She could sub I guess - depends how big the album hits. But the singles have been doing very well.

6 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I felt so bad for her, but the way the crowd responded to her honesty was nothing short of beautiful, and definitely seemed to carry her through. One of my favourite moments of the whole weekend. 

Maybe that was it, maybe that was her one moment, maybe I'll go and see her shows later this year and she'll have grown exponentially... I really hope so, because she is bloody brilliant. 

I saw her at Kentish Town Forum last month and I thought she was brilliant, I think it is like you say though, it is still a learning process for her, she really doesn't have much stage experience especially to large crowds. 

I have tickets for both Brixton and Rock City, I can't remember where I saw it, but I am sure she said those are her 2 favourite music venues so I am hoping for a top show at both!

2 minutes ago, panda97 said:

I saw her at Kentish Town Forum last month and I thought she was brilliant, I think it is like you say though, it is still a learning process for her, she really doesn't have much stage experience especially to large crowds. 

I have tickets for both Brixton and Rock City, I can't remember where I saw it, but I am sure she said those are her 2 favourite music venues so I am hoping for a top show at both!

Well Rock City is what she classes as her home venue, and it's also the last date of the tour, so I'm hoping she'll let loose 🙂 

See you there 🙂 

19 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

2iidd86r27891.jpg

Friday - Pyramid: Elton/Paramore/Lil Nas X 

Other: Biffy/Robyn/Manics 

WH: Dionne Warwick 

JP: Yeah Yeah Yeahs 

Park: Wizkid

Saturday - Pyramid: Taylor/Kasabian/Missy Elliott 

Other: Prodigy/Slowthai/Wombats 

WH: Duran Duran

JP: DMA's

Park: Stromae

Sunday - Pyramid: AM/George Ezra/Mika/Spice Girls 

Other: Lizzo/RTJ/Two Door 

WH: Hans Zimmer 

JP: Frank Carter 

Park: Sigur Ros

Love this. Shows how strong the likely tourers will be next year !

Mika is in a pretty big slot there i've got to say! Not quite sure he's that size although he is a bit of an oddball and all of efestivals will be there of course!

Not sure about Wizkid and Stromae on Park either, they both headline festivals it feels a bit small. Stromae is definitely smaller here than mainland europe but it seems a bit extreme! Wizkid certainly too big for that slot i think

Would like to see Gerry Cinnamon on the lineup.

18 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Courteeners headlining the Other is going to happen at some point, so it may as well happen up against a ginormous, iconic Pyramid headliner that nobody in their right mind would dare miss. 

On the basis that you have Death Cab for Cutie on Park, I'm willing to allow this.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

2iidd86r27891.jpg

Put The Prodigy on Friday up against Elton and I'd be down.

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Nah it’s the fact that the entire Saturday looks like it was made by someone who only attends IOW festival.

I understand people want to temper expectations but 2022 was one of the most solid lineups we’ve ever had. Glasto won’t book something that shite.

think thats in the eye of the beholder though. i for one thought this years other line up was sub par at best.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

What was the last hit MIKA had? A friend saw him the other week, unless I dreamed that one up.

Don’t think he’s had one since We Are Golden. Sort of act I would have expected to pop up in the Avalon tent until his Eurovision hosting duties suddenly made him a cult hero again. 

Friday

Pyramid: Elton John // Lil Nas X // Miley Cyrus

Other: The 1975 // Lana Del Ray // Lewis Capaldi

Saturday

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // Doja Cat // Biffy Clyro

Other: Dave // Kasabian // Wet Leg

Sunday

Pyramid: Taylor Swift // Lizzo // The Spice Girls

Other: The Chemical Brothers // George Ezra // Yeah Yeah Yeahs

15 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Don’t think he’s had one since We Are Golden. Sort of act I would have expected to pop up in the Avalon tent until his Eurovision hosting duties suddenly made him a cult hero again. 

Loved his theme from Kick Ass.

1 minute ago, ProperTea said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

The 1975 and Dave as Other headliners is absurdly strong, I must say. Also, Biffy Clyro third down a year after topping Download likewise.

But here for Yeah Yeah Yeahs anywhere!

1 hour ago, ProperTea said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

These wet leg shouts are silly i think. they are obviously all the rage right now but same slot as Lewis Capaldi, a solid mid size festival headliner seriously...

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

These wet leg shouts are silly i think. they are obviously all the rage right now but same slot as Lewis Capaldi, a solid mid size festival headliner seriously...

When I made my predictions it was on the assumption they’ll put out another album by then (or at least EP). If they’re still touring S/T then I don’t think they’ll be back in 2023 at all. 

58 minutes ago, gfa said:

They were massively under billed this year and with new material they could definitely get a big slot next year. That prediction you’ve replied to is massively stacked though. Wet Leg is one of the more realistic predictions there.

23 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

2iidd86r27891.jpg

Certainly a stronger spread than this year's!

• Upvote 1