The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

2010 was ace. A flawless festival.

2010 was my least favourite festival.

Saw nowt Friday til Fatboy Slim... That day I was very close to being in the medical tent. I was not in a good way. 

Saw nothing on the Sat til Muse. No booze / no drugs. 

Was determined to enjoy Sunday. I did, but we packed up early sunday & left after Stevie Wonder.

Pretty sober all through due to the heat.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

2010 was ace. A flawless festival.

It absolutely was.

The only thing I'd change, if I possibly could, would be to have a F&B tent with me that year instead of the portable oven I had at the time. But that's the fault of the equipment not the weather.

Sadly F&B wouldn't be invented for another 5 years or so - but we're now much better set for a full on repeat. Or should be at least, anyone who's still not on the F&B train can only blame themselves.

Just now, incident said:

It absolutely was.

The only thing I'd change, if I possibly could, would be to have a F&B tent with me that year instead of the portable oven I had at the time. But that's the fault of the equipment not the weather.

Sadly F&B wouldn't be invented for another 5 years or so - but we're now much better set for a full on repeat. Or should be at least, anyone who's still not on the F&B train can only blame themselves.

I used space blankets taped / pegged to my tent. Worked a treat.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Their fault for wearing f**king jeans.

Who said they were wearing jeans? Is that some reference to me saying I'm able to wear jeans in 18-24 degrees heat? You think none of the thousands who sought out medical help in 2010 were wearing shorts?

Lolz 😄

Here is a pile of straw. Please construct your man out of it.

I don't really pack any differently for rain and sun either. At this time of year it can still be really warm if it rains and as soon as you put a mac on you getter wetter on the inside from condensation and humidity. Hate that feeling, *shudder*

The only thing that has me packing differently is WIND!! Cannot cope with the cold at all, bloody thyroid! Loads of extra jumpers and cosy tracksuit bottoms for wind!

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

11 minutes ago, incident said:

It absolutely was.

I had an afternoon nap on the Friday or Saturday in the tent for a couple of hours. Woke up and thought it must be raining and my tent had leaked with all the water in there. Nope, just me losing a stone in sweat 

Just now, danbailey80 said:

Listing shaded areas people may not have considered may help.

rules are you can’t have tents etc (I.e acoustic tent doesn’t count)

I’ll start:

Permaculture

glade done (under trees area)

The spike bar

The Wood area 

many more?

Permaculture is a great shout

How I love to sit amongst the compost

Just now, danbailey80 said:

Listing shaded areas people may not have considered may help.

rules are you can’t have tents etc (I.e acoustic tent doesn’t count)

I’ll start:

Permaculture

glade done (under trees area)

The spike bar

The Wood area 

many more?

Strummerville.  Unfairground.  Both have a fair bit of tree cover around. Then there’s the areas adjacent to the river where there are also trees dotted around.