The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Me too, I am praying it's wrong

That Sunday is way too much for almost anybody... Potentially 30c. Good thing is that it would only be Sunday I guess, and isn't likely to happen, it's not being replicated anywhere else as far as I can see. 

After such a spectacular 18Z, where do we go now?

GATES OPEN

Now there's a small amount of heavy rain on Sunday morning. After this, there is some lighter rain through Sunday, and on Tuesday, but it's insignificant and nothing like we had seen on previous runs. It will cause no issues.

Totally dry for gates open.

image.thumb.png.1c6f5ea622118c6b9b4d98d53c9fe8ea.png

Very small amount of rain on Wednesday afternoon. But it's a tiny amount. Highs of 20.

THURSDAY

Totally dry as the high builds in. Highs of 22.

image.thumb.png.779b0fb803a073afdbcae7af2dda6d4f.png

FRIDAY

Some light afternoon rain in this run, but nothing much at all - would be some showers. Highs of 20.

image.thumb.png.1d565dd110eb979104d6fcc84b63566c.png

SATURDAY

Totally dry, highs of 24.

image.thumb.png.32d911eaab502a9d4542521426c4818b.png

SUNDAY

Totally dry, highs of 20.

image.thumb.png.a383e864491922e7568904a44295133e.png

You'll notice that the high pressure isn't as dominant in this latest run, and that's why the higher temperatures are batted back. Latest run is on the right here, with no finger pushing up.

image.thumb.png.9906e7ac944e87f6f7e61d30c3a1f4a6.png

SUMMARY

Some would argue this run is even better than the last one, as we don't hit the 29 degrees on the Sunday.

But there is still a question of what happens with the finger next weekend, we don't want to lose the power of the finger, and low pressure make a shock victory.

The reduction of the rain for Monday and Tuesday from a catastrophe to light rain, which would do nothing to the ground in temps of 21 before gates open, is a huge upgrade as we get closer to reliability.

Just need to lose that Friday rain!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, briddj said:

GATES OPEN

Now there's a small amount of heavy rain on Sunday morning. After this, there is some lighter rain through Sunday, and on Tuesday, but it's insignificant and nothing like we had seen on previous runs. It will cause no issues.

Very small amount of rain on Wednesday afternoon. But it's a tiny amount. Highs of 20.

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

Some light afternoon rain in this run, but nothing much at all - would be some showers. Highs of 20.

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

You'll notice that the high pressure isn't as dominant in this latest run, and that's why the higher temperatures are batted back. Latest run is on the right here, with no finger pushing up.

SUMMARY

Some would argue this run is even better than the last one, as we don't hit the 29 degrees on the Sunday.

But there is still a question of what happens with the finger next weekend, we don't want to lose the power of the finger, and low pressure make a shock victory.

The reduction of the rain for Monday and Tuesday from a catastrophe to light rain, which would do nothing to the ground in temps of 21 before gates open, is a huge upgrade as we get closer to reliability.

Oh no. It's the actual dream run. It's too early 😫

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Me too, I am praying it's wrong

I'd probably take this to be honest given the alternative wet festival.

Temperatures are fine until Saturday, which would be a bit of a slog.

Sunday would be a total write off for me at 29°C but it's only one day and the last day, so I could probably just enjoy chilling in a bar/tent somewhere 

18 minutes ago, briddj said:

GATES OPEN

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

SUMMARY

704.jpg

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I don't want Friday afternoon rain especially as I plan a long outdoor (outtent) stint in the Other field for Carly Rae and co., but otherwise that's pretty tasty.

I've been dealt 17, dealer is on 13. I'm thinking about a little twist.

Don’t do it 😂

17 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I'd probably take this to be honest given the alternative wet festival.

Temperatures are fine until Saturday, which would be a bit of a slog.

Sunday would be a total write off for me at 29°C but it's only one day and the last day, so I could probably just enjoy chilling in a bar/tent somewhere 

Line up wise sunday is the day I have most to see tbh. So I dont want it hot.

If it has to be hot, Wednesday. So Im just stuck at my tent missing nowt.

Lots of days on a KNIFE EDGE on the 0z GFS.  On Sunday and Tuesday next week it brings thundery rain up across England which has the potential to drop a lot of rain on the site. 
it gives us showers for set up Wednesday as a small area of low pressure crosses the north of the country, a dry day Thursday before more showers move in for Friday. 
Another area of low pressure approaches from the west on Saturday, which, although this run keeps the rain slightly further north, could easily bring more rain.  This low the settles to the west of Scotland and battles with the high in the south.  If the high wins, we’ll get a lovely day Sunday with highs only around 21c according to this run of the GFS.

So, all too close to call. As Gav said yesterday, this is a very complicated picture, and the GFS is bringing much more thundery rain up from the south than the other models.  If the GFS is right, there could be a lot of rain over the site before gates open, if it’s wrong, we could get very little.   MORE RUNS NEEDED.

Untitled.thumb.gif.d76e8ad0ac62a72d14a3b69f0af97760.gif

By way of contrast, this is the Canadian GEM for the Tuesday, some showers around but no sign of the organised thundery rain the GFS wants to bring.  We still need a few more days until we get any sort of clarity.

IMG_4109.thumb.jpeg.0ba07e2fb4307ca1ca8c84e31c172246.jpeg

37 minutes ago, briddj said:

37 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I hope Fuzzy comes to the meet. I'll bring them an ice cream to try and help xx

If this run comes to pass, the meet might be the only time Fuzzy comes out of the shade 😀

24 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Lots of days on a KNIFE EDGE on the 0z GFS.  On Sunday and Tuesday next week it brings thundery rain up across England which has the potential to drop a lot of rain on the site. 
it gives us showers for set up Wednesday as a small area of low pressure crosses the north of the country, a dry day Thursday before more showers move in for Friday. 
Another area of low pressure approaches from the west on Saturday, which, although this run keeps the rain slightly further north, could easily bring more rain.  This low the settles to the west of Scotland and battles with the high in the south.  If the high wins, we’ll get a lovely day Sunday with highs only around 21c according to this run of the GFS.

So, all too close to call. As Gav said yesterday, this is a very complicated picture, and the GFS is bringing much more thundery rain up from the south than the other models.  If the GFS is right, there could be a lot of rain over the site before gates open, if it’s wrong, we could get very little.   MORE RUNS NEEDED.

Untitled.thumb.gif.d76e8ad0ac62a72d14a3b69f0af97760.gif

By way of contrast, this is the Canadian GEM for the Tuesday, some showers around but no sign of the organised thundery rain the GFS wants to bring.  We still need a few more days until we get any sort of clarity.

IMG_4109.thumb.jpeg.0ba07e2fb4307ca1ca8c84e31c172246.jpeg

Right on cue 😁