Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

38 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

How much did all y'all Madrid goers really save in funds, versus hypothetically having attended Barcelona? I wonder how much that edition took away from potential foreign BCN visitors.

I bought the full festival pass in late March, so it was already expensive, but I remember that the flight to Madrid was 30% or 40% cheaper than to Barcelona, with better connection, and hotels were also cheaper. Well and also Madrid has nicer and cheaper places to eat and drink than Barcelona. I think, overall, I spent around 40% less money than I would spend in Barcelona. But had I known about the disaster that this Madrid edition would be, I would prefer to pay those extra 40% and enjoy the festival. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

How much did all y'all Madrid goers really save in funds, versus hypothetically having attended Barcelona? I wonder how much that edition took away from potential foreign BCN visitors.

For me, traveling from south America, the flight price was the same, but hotels are the big difference. In madrid I paid half the price than barcelona. But for me, particularly, the main reason are the dates. I can't go in vacation in end of May and wouldn't to arrive at the Thursday in the first day in BCN.

But overall, talking about metro, food, etc, I think prices in both cities are similar. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Is there any chance that we will get any type of refund/voucher/promotion for the full festival tickets for Madrid for cancelling Thursday? Cause I’m not positive at all about it. And even if they hypothetically offer a discount of 100 euros for the full festival ticket for 2024 edition, I don’t think I want to return unless they change all of the before mentioned negative things about the festival. 

I really expect that. I paid 270 with fees, so a 85/90 would be good. If i can use that in Primavera São Paulo, perfect. 

But, not for Madrid or even Barcelona next year. Next year I'll go to a smaller one. Porto would be a possibility. 

I think they will offer 60 euros off and for Madrid only, something like that. They are claiming force majeure so don't technically have to offer anything (not saying it’s right but no festival would have offered a refund).

I expect them to dodge the issue for now of where Madrid is located next year. Too soon for them to have sorted this out. I can see it being a Porto sized location in the end with fewer stages and an earlier finish. 

1 hour ago, Guy Incognito said:

When do we start the 2024 thread. I want to get discussing predictions.

Would say when they announce the dates for early bird sales. 

Not going well at airport though, flying to Heathrow then connect to Edinburgh, made it a 2 HR Gap to allow for some delays, but flight from Madrid delayed 3 hrs , trying to get the next Iberia one but on standby 

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

I think they will offer 60 euros off and for Madrid only, something like that. They are claiming force majeure so don't technically have to offer anything (not saying it’s right but no festival would have offered a refund).

I expect them to dodge the issue for now of where Madrid is located next year. Too soon for them to have sorted this out. I can see it being a Porto sized location in the end with fewer stages and an earlier finish. 

60 or 80€ off plus a new location closer to the city actually would make me consider buying the ticket, but I would think 2 times before buying the ticket, I think for now I will stick to Barcelona. I think that Madrid has potential for a festival but they need at least 1 or 2 years more to shape the festival, I think it was a mistake from my part going to Madrid so early. Also I didn’t like the audience in Madrid, too young, too loud, people only came for big artists like Rosalía and Kendrick, smaller concerts totally empty, meh. 

14 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Would say when they announce the dates for early bird sales. 

Well, they announced that at the festival. It is the first days of July for Santander customers and some days days later for the rest. Believe it was 5-6 July.

8 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Well, they announced that at the festival. It is the first days of July for Santander customers and some days days later for the rest. Believe it was 5-6 July.

Seen the thing for Santander customers, never noticed it for the likes of us 

3 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

When do we start the 2024 thread. I want to get discussing predictions.

I'm ready
(headliners: sza-travis scott- pulp - my bloody valentine/portishead -NIN- national - maybe it's bad bunny again, this time bigger....?)

Edited by Whos3000_

My wishlist is Justice, RATM, The 1975, Robyn, SAULT, Tobi Lou, Kim Petras, Denzel Curry, Mac Ayres.

This is all based on just what I would like to see there and think would make sense.

Justice supposedly touring 2024 and Robyn content is starting to stir so could see it happening.

RATM is almost as unlikely as SAULT.

If they again book 1 big electronic act I'd like to see Moderat (assuming AFX isn't available).

Separately, bit of an odd one. Alice in Chains are probably due an album soon based on past releases in the post-Layne Staley era. If they released an album this year and did a European tour in 2024 would Primavera try to book them or would that be very left field?

I'm just thinking Slayer played before, Ghost this year and AIC are a legendary band and would feel more fitting than those 2 imo.

2 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

I'm ready
(headliners: sza-travis scott- pulp - my bloody valentine/portishead -NIN- national - maybe it's bad bunny again, this time bigger....?)

I think Travis Scott, SZA, The National, Pulp, plus a big electronic act are very probably. Bad Bunny seems too big now, probably is going to have a solo tour in Europe next summer, so who knows. 

Got to see Bat for Lashes in a tiny venue tonight and with a new album on the way she would be a great booking for 2024.

Pulp must be a near certainty. Would always love The CureNIN or MBV.

Phoebe / Boygenius would be a big draw. Both PJ Harvey and The National would make sense. Gojira coming back would be excellent. Killer Mike has a solo album out soon. Robyn or Royksopp or both would be pleasing. Aphex Twin to be blown away.

I'm not well up enough on Spanish speaking artists, but obvs them. As far as the big hip hop stuff goes, anyone but Travis Scott please.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Last_Exit said:

Got to see Bat for Lashes in a tiny venue tonight and with a new album on the way she would be a great booking for 2024.

Pulp must be a near certainty. Would always love The CureNIN or MBV.

Phoebe / Boygenius would be a big draw. Both PJ Harvey and The National would make sense. Gojira coming back would be excellent. Killer Mike has a solo album out soon. Robyn or Royksopp or both would be pleasing. Aphex Twin to be blown away.

I'm not well up enough on Spanish speaking artists, but obvs them. As far as the big hip hop stuff goes, anyone but Travis Scott please.

I don't think Phoebe will be active next year in a solo form. She's toured a lot recently. She also recently said at a Taylor support slot that it was her last show of the Punisher era so back to the studio at some point for her. I also dont think Boygenius will be that active in 2024 either.

MBV...we predict it every damn year haha.

The National, I love them but far too soon and becoming dangerously close to an overplayed PS act.

Feel like Aphex Twin might hit the US next year as he's doing Europe already.

Robyn is a good shout I imagine her, Twigs, and Lana as returning 2020 bookings.

PJ Harvey nailed on in my eyes, no Spanish dates on her tour.

Edited by scatteredscreens

47 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I don't think Phoebe will be active next year in a solo form. She's toured a lot recently. She also recently said at a Taylor support slot that it was her last show of the Punisher era so back to the studio at some point for her. I also dont think Boygenius will be that active in 2024 either.

MBV...we predict it every damn year haha.

The National, I love them but far too soon and becoming dangerously close to an overplayed PS act.

Feel like Aphex Twin might hit the US next year as he's doing Europe already.

Robyn is a good shout I imagine her, Twigs, and Lana as returning 2020 bookings.

PJ Harvey nailed on in my eyes, no Spanish dates on her tour.

Good point re: Phoebe she has been touring relentlessly.

I feel the same about The National, but with the new album and history, it's hard to see them not getting booked.

Twigs definitely if she is alright.

Unwound were one of my favourite performances this year, it's always interesting to see what and who they manage to dig up. They should throw Walter some love and invite Rival Schools or Quicksand.

Fairly unrealistic but I'd love to see something like Deftones.

Edited by Last_Exit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Last_Exit said:

Good point re: Phoebe she has been touring relentlessly.

I feel the same about The National, but with the new album and history, it's hard to see them not getting booked.

Twigs definitely if she is alright.

Unwound were one of my favourite performances this year, it's always interesting to see what and who they manage to dig up.

with The National, I just think there are plenty more acts that can be booked over them that PS will want to get. Would not be surprised to see them at mad cool next year

I've noticed some predictions don't include a hip-hop headliner. The current format always includes a big hip-hop name. E.g. last few have been Kendrick, Tyler, Future (and Nas), ASAP Rocky. 

I'm struggling to look past Travis Scott because he's a new album very soon. He also played in Buenos Aires and Sau Paulo and Primavera have already had all of the current big hip hop names that aren't too big to book. Unless they re-book someone like ASAP Rocky? I reckon Travis is very likely.

4 hours ago, UsernameHere said:

I've noticed some predictions don't include a hip-hop headliner. The current format always includes a big hip-hop name. E.g. last few have been Kendrick, Tyler, Future (and Nas), ASAP Rocky. 

I'm struggling to look past Travis Scott because he's a new album very soon. He also played in Buenos Aires and Sau Paulo and Primavera have already had all of the current big hip hop names that aren't too big to book. Unless they re-book someone like ASAP Rocky? I reckon Travis is very likely.

If they manage to bring SZA it can be included in the hip hop (I know that she’s more into R&B).

Billie Eilish and Lana del Rey seem like a big possibility also.