Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

I guess nothing is going to happen in regards of Thursday cancellation, Friday and Saturday are going to happen, and only the people that had a daily ticket for Friday are going to get a refund. The therms and conditions section doesn’t cover full festival tickets. Also it’s impossible to move artists from tomorrow to Friday and Saturday, too many people, no venues, many of them already booked for Primavera Porto. I guess the ones who bought the full festival ticket will have to “live” with this, terrible news, and a terrible start of a fist edition, but I guess there’s nothing else to do about this.

56 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

There's all sorts of insurance/health & safety reasons. Likely they got a really bad forecast come in and whoever's in charge of that side of things made the call and just put a stop to the whole thing.

I have plenty of issues with the running of Primavera generally but I'm very glad they called this early and kept people (and staff, and tech crew) safe. Obviously gutting for everyone who was going, and playing.

But that is not the case. There is not even a yellow warning given by Aemet which is the official weather organism. It is just they have not been preparaing for rain at all. That or they haven't sold enough tickets for Thursday... 

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

Well don't I now look like a mug for choosing to go to Madrid instead of Barcelona when I had tickets for both 😕

Blur and New Order were two of the bands I was most looking forward to as have never seen either one before 

It's a good job I managed to catch Black Country, New Road's ciudad show as I would have missed out on them as well 

Yikes, that's an absolute nightmare for everyone who has travelled. I've been hit by a few band cancellations in my time but an entire day... I can't even imagine. 

My sympathies to anyone affected. For me, it's the strongest day and I'd hope some of the acts are rescheduled throughout Friday or Saturday if schedules allow. But I don't know how possible that would be.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Yikes, that's an absolute nightmare for everyone who has travelled. I've been hit by a few band cancellations in my time but an entire day... I can't even imagine. 

My sympathies to anyone affected. For me, it's the strongest day and I'd hope some of the acts are rescheduled throughout Friday or Saturday if schedules allow. But I don't know how possible that would be.

Really enjoyed you until the email 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/5/2023 at 3:08 PM, xxialac said:

"Somehow, Måneskin managed to disrupt not one but two great sets at this year’s Primavera"

Pitchfork chose this headline on fb for their review of the festival, ha!

Maneskin started late and ended late due to all the other acts going passed the scheduled time, and ended playing for 75 minutes as they were promised. So they frankly didn't do anything wrong. Pitchfork can suck it deep.

20 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Question for you folks on a related topic......

I see some people mentioning bands they went to see who were on quite early in the evening (say 8pm) and im just wondering how you physically do/did it?

I could do it for the first day but then would stay out until at least 5am (drinking continuously).

Then It took ages to get to Passeig De Gracia where my hotel was. 

I was getting into bed at 6/7 am.

By day 2 and day 3 I would be in pieces each day and barely able to stomach food until about 4pm.

I don't take any substances but would drink beer all night.

Do you guys just take it easy and focus on the music?, stay close to the venue? or am I just getting old?

Drinking all that alcohol will make you tired, sticking with water throughout is the way to go. And strategically sitting down where you can, such as on the Cupra steps and in the Auditoria.

Also snorting a bit of snow around 4am will help.

18 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Maneskin started late and ended late due to all the other acts going passed the scheduled time, and ended playing for 75 minutes as they were promised. So they frankly didn't do anything wrong. Pitchfork can suck it deep.

I know, I was mocking Pitchfork for being so bitter as to make this their (not even accurate) story as their headline to cover the entire festival.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, foolee said:

Would like to see 3 or more from NIN, Tame Impala, Arcade Fire, The Cure, RATM and Vampire Weekend as headliners next year. 

Looking to be my first Primavera and got a hotel provisionally booked within walking distance!

I LOVE Tame Impala but if they played again I'd be very disappointed. Seen them 4 times at Primavera alone. NIN and RATM would get any amount of money off me.

• Upvote 1

I noticed the bad news between Confidence Man and PSB shows, I'm very sad because I think it's the last chance to see Comet is Coming live, maybe Sparks too. And now a saw that Iberia lost the Le Tigre gear...

So, at the same time I booked the tickets for Auditorio tomorrow, maybe they put an extra act there.

An other option is use the Stadium inside, with the GNR stage ready and put at least the Headliners there. OK, we had a chance of thunderstorms, but seeing those pictures, the problem in Arganda is more the floor now. The stadium is nearly covered and has a big area for evacuation. 

So, let's wait until Friday and enjoying the city.

Seeing the pics of how the festival grounds are doing after just one evening of rain, and that the forecast predicts more rain for tonight, all of tomorrow and for friday morning... I don't think Primavera Madrid is going to happen, sadly. I know people close to the security heads at Primavera, and apparently the general sentiment is that too. But of course, they'll do all they can to fix/prevent more damage and wait until tomorrow to take any decision.

Last summer, a storm hit Medusa Festival at Valencia which destroyed a couple of stages, killing one person and hurting 40. They almost cancelled the festival because of the weather, but decided to continue regardless and a tragedy happened... It's still very recent in everyone's minds here, so I guess that it's a big reminder for the organizers that safety always has to be number one priority in these events.

I have tickets for friday, and I'm super excited to see Kendrick... and I live in Madrid, I can't imagine how all this must feel for everyone who traveled for this festival. Let's hope that the weather gives us a break and lets the festival happen!