Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

37 minutes ago, Etaish said:

Apologies if I missed this but weren't PS supposed to announce the Boiler Room program at some point? Has this been cancelled?

The said the have to release the boiler room program yes, I think they'll do in a few weeks. 

Something like

Mid April : Boiler Room

Early May : new map

Mid May : timetables

Considering they are not going to sold out, I think they'll add a few names. Let's see. Something like The Walkmen would be great

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

walkmen have a show in the US on may 31st sadly...

And one in Copenhagen on 10 June. 

If they are flying over for that they have a good window for Madrid. 

Maybe they'll be added to Madrid and someone else for Primavera (e.g. Young Fathers who are in the south of France the first weekend)

51 minutes ago, xxialac said:

And one in Copenhagen on 10 June. 

If they are flying over for that they have a good window for Madrid. 

Maybe they'll be added to Madrid and someone else for Primavera (e.g. Young Fathers who are in the south of France the first weekend)

keep forgetting about madrid.

yep, stranger, tighter things have happened...

Are Primavera still interested in the likes of Mount Eerie? They are in Belgium & Germany til June 1 and then Dublin June 11, though they might prefer to continue a run of intimate gigs on the continent to the rough and tumble of a festival. I saw them play a lovely set in Mordor (of all places) despite some soundbleed from the stage next door. This was 2013, the last year with two stages facing the sea and bands overlapping all the time.

I don’t think there will be other new acts announced besides the boiler room and maybe some more djs for the opening night. The Walkmen and mount eerie wouldn’t shift tickets so they have no need to add them. I don’t think why they haven’t considered Bon iver. Classic primavera act, would be perfect for the Saturday to balance things out, would actually shift tickets. I guess it’s too late now though 

1 hour ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

We still don't know if the Apolo will host shows all night long on the Wednesday after the Pet Shop Boys at the Forum, right?

That's unusual.

Actually, there is no indication that there will be Primavera a la Cuitat on Wednesday this year. And since all the ciutat concerts for Monday and Tuesday are announced since November, I would be surprised if there is any ciutat programme on Wednesday night this year.

45 minutes ago, pipan said:

Actually, there is no indication that there will be Primavera a la Cuitat on Wednesday this year. And since all the ciutat concerts for Monday and Tuesday are announced since November, I would be surprised if there is any ciutat programme on Wednesday night this year.

I agree but wouldn’t rule it out. 
After all last year they added an entire day (!) at the very last minute with Wet Leg, Rina S etc.

What I find weird this year is having Pet Shop Boys headlining 40% of the days.

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Madrid has the potential for so many issues that Barcelona doesn’t have to deal with.

Also I heard they are really struggling with ticket sales for Madrid. 

Good for me then , get to front for blur , new order, Depeche mode 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Madrid has the potential for so many issues that Barcelona doesn’t have to deal with.

Good for us because they could consider a last add on and if they do it for madrid they might book the same act for Barcelona too (it’s convenient)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, xxialac said:

Do you think they’ll reduce Madrid prices and offer incentives or do you think they’ll save face?

got a few friends interested in Madrid but the prices are too high for them. 

5 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Do you think they’ll reduce Madrid prices and offer incentives or do you think they’ll save face?

got a few friends interested in Madrid but the prices are too high for them. 

No idea but I feel confident now that the secondary market will have some cheap tickets.