Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

1 minute ago, pipan said:

Just curious, do you count PS 2022 as one edition or two? 2023 will be my 5th/6th Primavera, I'm still enjoying it like for the first time and I'm not planning to stop attending anytime soon... so hopefully I will get to 10 editions as well.

I only went the second week, so count the 2022 edition as one. Only missed the Radiohead edition (2015? 2016?), other than that I have attended every edition since the Pulp reunion made me get tickets in 2011.

You should make it an yearly tradition my friend 🙂 IMO the best festival in the world in a fantastic city.

I still enjoy it, and dont feel too old (37y), but other obligations (family etc) has made me decide that this is my last edition. My partner joined me for the first time last year though, and she absolutely loved it. So who knows! Maybe Im attending my 20th edition as a 50y old.

6 minutes ago, pipan said:

Just curious, do you count PS 2022 as one edition or two? 2023 will be my 5th/6th Primavera, I'm still enjoying it like for the first time and I'm not planning to stop attending anytime soon... so hopefully I will get to 10 editions as well.

I count it as 2, ended up doing 82 sets in 12 days in total, and done my best not to slow down with the fatigue.

• Upvote 1

My first edition was 2016 then I did 2017 2018 2019 and 2022 for both weekends. 
I’m addicted. And like a child for Xmas Eve. 
buzzing. Excited. For tomorrow. 11am. 
can’t think of anything else 😂 

even though I’ve spent the weekend in Paris (On my way back to brighton now) and nils Frahm was absolutely stunning last night. All I think of is tomorrow 11am. 

I see Metallica have announced a tour with a two week gap around the time of both Barcelona and Madrid editions.... 

(this is a joke in case anyone loses their cool! They are in Madrid later in the summer so seems very unlikely in that sense, it's also all arenas, not festivals) 

The excitement is building now. I don't have my ticket. I may regret that tomorrow... But let's see how it goes. 

24 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I see Metallica have announced a tour with a two week gap around the time of both Barcelona and Madrid editions.... 

(this is a joke in case anyone loses their cool! They are in Madrid later in the summer so seems very unlikely in that sense, it's also all arenas, not festivals) 

The excitement is building now. I don't have my ticket. I may regret that tomorrow... But let's see how it goes. 

Metallica gigs are for 2024, mate. 

30 minutes ago, ibo said:

My first edition was 2016 then I did 2017 2018 2019 and 2022 for both weekends. 
I’m addicted. And like a child for Xmas Eve. 
buzzing. Excited. For tomorrow. 11am. 
can’t think of anything else 😂 

even though I’ve spent the weekend in Paris (On my way back to brighton now) and nils Frahm was absolutely stunning last night. All I think of is tomorrow 11am. 

I'm like normal level excited (under the circumstances) and I'm confident I will sleep well.

Unless someone leaks the line-up tonight. I remember 2018 and 2020 line-ups both leaked late evening and I felt like a child with so many Christmas gifts - I knew they will still be there in the morning, but I just had to think about them. After each 15 minutes of trying to fall asleep I just had to check the poster on my phone, because I simply couldn't fall asleep without knowing something that seeemed very urgent at that moment (like who was the third headliner on the first day). Both of these times I ended up being awake and checking the line-up til 3 a.m. 

So let it leak right now or wait for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, pne094 said:

I only went the second week, so count the 2022 edition as one. Only missed the Radiohead edition (2015? 2016?), other than that I have attended every edition since the Pulp reunion made me get tickets in 2011.

You should make it an yearly tradition my friend 🙂 IMO the best festival in the world in a fantastic city.

I still enjoy it, and dont feel too old (37y), but other obligations (family etc) has made me decide that this is my last edition. My partner joined me for the first time last year though, and she absolutely loved it. So who knows! Maybe Im attending my 20th edition as a 50y old.

Too bad, that Radiohead gig (2016) was very special. Unforgettable how they came out a third time to play Creep as unplanned encore 🙂

My first one was 2011 too, I remember Pulp and The Flaming Lips being the outstanding gigs. Missed out 2013

My first time was in 2007 and I have done every edition since then except the second weekend this year.

However, like every time I can't wait for the line-up to be announced. I am also like a child waiting for his Christmas present 😂Even if I was disappointed by this year's edition. Clearly not in terms of line-up but in terms of organization in general.

1 hour ago, brosch said:

Too bad, that Radiohead gig (2016) was very special. Unforgettable how they came out a third time to play Creep as unplanned encore 🙂

My first one was 2011 too, I remember Pulp and The Flaming Lips being the outstanding gigs. Missed out 2013

Still annoyed that I missed it 😔 But glad you enjoyed it, some of my friends was also there and said it was magical. 

2011 will always be the best version for me because of how fantastic it was experiencing PS for the first time. A lot of great memories:

One of James Blakes first big festival concerts, the enormous crowd at that concert and his genuine appreciation and nervousness was wholesome. Echo the Bunnymen and Caribou at Poble Espanyol, being suprised by Tuneyards, chilling with Tennis and Cults in the sunses with the ocean in the background. The insane energy from the small Ty Segall crowd, The Walkmen being fantastic, Baths at 0300, experiencing the intensity of Nick Cave for the first time, Jamie XX with a great 0300 set, Battles at Ray Ban, Odd Future w future PS legend Tyler being idiots, PJ Harvey and Pulp.

Holy shit, the memories. When it was over I just knew I wanted to experience that again.

Edited by pne094
  • Like 3

2009 was my first and it was incredible. Seeing Sonic Youth for the first time, having my ears blown open during My Bloody Valentine and Sunn O)) , getting freaked out at Aphex Twin. It was awesome and it’s been awesome ever since. Would love a repeat of that lineup tbh but excited to see what is served up. Roll on tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, pne094 said:

Still annoyed that I missed it 😔 But glad you enjoyed it, some of my friends was also there and said it was magical. 

2011 will always be the best version for me because of how fantastic it was experiencing PS for the first time. A lot of great memories:

One of James Blakes first big festival concerts, and the enormous crowd at that concert was cool. Echo the Bunnymen and Caribou at Poble Espanyol, being suprised by Tuneyards, chilling with Tennis and Cults in the sunses with the ocean in the background. The insane energy from the small Ty Segall crowd, The Walkmen being fantastic, Baths at 0300, experiencing the intensity of Nick Cave for the first time, Jamie XX with a great 0300 set, Battles at Ray Ban, Odd Future w future PS legend Tyler being idiots, PJ Harvey and Pulp.

Holy shit, the memories. When it was ober I just knew I wanted to experience that again.

2011 remains for me the greatest coming together of musical talent I'm ever been aware of. So many good memories...

image.thumb.png.d9f97806ca6b40723d2fc2067e26b281.png

• Upvote 1