Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

4 minutes ago, Valbork said:

There would be a lot of complaints from people in Barcelona that they were getting a 90's semi-retired Britpop band instead of globally recognised homegrown megastars like Rosalia or C Tangana!!! Both acts are absolutely huge in Spain and have toured with very high production tours this year. If either are at Primavera next year (unlikely but I would love to see both again), they will be as major headliners and presumably would have to be at both events more than Pulp need to be.

My point was that Madrid can have a slightly stronger lineup as it needs all the help it can get (I mean, they are trying to bring 100,000 attendees to a new, untested festival in the middle of nowhere!).

Whereas Barcelona will have no such potential problems selling tickets and will remain the first choice of the lucrative overseas market too (who now represent >50% of the audience and realistically are much less interested in Spanish acts).

What can't happen is for Madrid to have a weaker lineup and the feeling given that it is Barcelona's weaker sibling.

So if Pulp are at El Forum, Madrid needs to find someone equivalent or probably stronger.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jannybruck said:

I did, it was decent though given the increased capacity of the festival even Auditori felt too small for the amount of people that wanted to watch, I had lots of friends who didn't get in.

Autechre have been doing "sensibly" timed indoor shows (ie not super late club times) right throughout this year so maybe it's something they've started requesting. It would've been amazing on Ray Ban at 2am with no lighting.

I saw plenty of space in the Auditoria during Autechre, sucks your mates could not get in.

My headliner best guess right now is: 
Bjork-Bon Iver-Pulp-Depeche Mode-Rosalia-SZA-Travis Scott-one between LCD Soundsystem/NIN. 
This would make a nice and balanced 3-3-2 headliner distribution (we know DM play on friday, right?)

Too big? Too small? I think it' a bit more expensive than the 2022 editions

Edited by Whos3000_

2 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Bjork-Bon Iver-Pulp-Depeche Mode-Rosalia-SZA-Travis Scott-one between LCD Soundsystem/NIN. 
This would make a nice and balanced 3-3-2 headliner distribution (we know DM play on friday, right?)

Strong guesses!

9 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

LCD are in the UK in August so I doubt they'll be there as early as May/June, sadly, and NIN currently don't have anything in the diary for next year so they may not be touring at all. Otherwise looks about right.

If Lizzo isn't at Mad Cool I would like her at Primavera as there's no Spanish date on her tour, she's big enough to push as a headliner now and ticks the 50/50 box.

3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

LCD are in the UK in August so I doubt they'll be there as early as May/June, sadly, and NIN currently don't have anything in the diary for next year so they may not be touring at all. Otherwise looks about right.

If Lizzo isn't at Mad Cool I would like her at Primavera as there's no Spanish date on her tour, she's big enough to push as a headliner now and ticks the 50/50 box.

Lizzo appears to only be doing arenas so would be odd to do a festival, then again you could say the same thing about DM!

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Lizzo appears to only be doing arenas so would be odd to do a festival, then again you could say the same thing about DM!

There's a bunch of EU countries her headline dates don't touch which makes me think she's likely coming back for some fest headlines – she did a bunch in the US last year so it's not alien to her.

Almost certain she'll be subbing at Glastonbury as well given how popular she was last time, so should be in Europe June-ish, which would fit.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Trent Reznor is doing two (I think) scores/soundtracks next year, it‘s very unlikely NIN will play any gigs.. unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Last time LCD played PS they also swung around for August festivals as well. 

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Interesting. I guess given the past year or so they're just going with whoever waves the biggest cheque at them, so this could be a shout.

Aren’t they building up to some sort of release and tour with the residency they are doing and the new single? they would have have the reunion (pulp), the legends (DM), the big rapper (Travis)…they need a big contemporary alternative rock band