Slam Dunk Festival 2023

1 hour ago, LazyDavid said:

Creeper confirmed they were headlining a stage didn't they in the first announcement?

Just some approximates/guesses on where bands could end up. Bands like See You Space Cowboy & Heriot are real heavy but there's quite a few bands I'd put on the Jagermeister (for reference there were 8 on it last year).

Dickies Stage: The Offspring, Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake, Flogging Molly, Gogol Bordello, Millencolin, Zebrahead, Sincere Engineer

Jagermeister Stage: Enter Shikari, Billy Talent, Underoath, We Came As Romans, Hawthorne Heights, Malevolence, Fit For A King, Dragged Under, Static Dress

Rock Scene Stage: Creeper, Boston Manor, The Menzingers, The Hunna, Four Year Strong, Trash Boat, Real Friends, Movements

Rock Sound Stage: Yellowcard, Kids in Glass Houses, The Academy Is..., Holding Absence, Fireworks, Noahfinnce, Greyscale, Vukovi

Key Club Left & Right: Wargasm, Maggie Lindemann, Spanish Love Songs, Charlotte Sands, Destroy Boys, girlfriends, See You Space Cowboy, Heriot

Creeper did yes actually but it won't be where Neck Deep were. With that said, them to play the Deaf Havana slot fits.

I doubt Yellowcard will top a stage. I think the Key Club one's will be there and the next one for Creeper but not that one. That's a very weak top 4 main compaired to this year though. BFS should not be subbing.

Creeper are definitely not in the Neck Deep spot, looking at their placement on the poster. Still think we're going to get a third confirmed headline act.

Bowling for Soup probably won't be subbing the same stage as Dropkicks did last time out, but that said, it'll be a step down regardless. Certainly no other stage had a major sub headliner. Although I reckon Yellowcard or Billy Talent would be more than suitable for that slot. If it DOES end up being Bowling for Soup, I'd be surprised.

I feel like, overall, the lineup is stronger. The Offspring and Enter Shikari are definitely big enough as headliners, and if they DO have another headliner, that'd easily match the three from this year, depending on who it is. I also feel like the lineup is stronger the further down you go than last year too.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Creeper did yes actually but it won't be where Neck Deep were. With that said, them to play the Deaf Havana slot fits.

I doubt Yellowcard will top a stage. I think the Key Club one's will be there and the next one for Creeper but not that one. That's a very weak top 4 main compaired to this year though. BFS should not be subbing.

Very fair yes put Neck Deep and Creeper side by side you're right, maybe we are due another headliner

Maybe we just not gonna have the same configuration as this year... In 2019, it was different with less stages and less open air stages with All Time Low being the real and alone headliner. Not like this year when had different posters with 4 headliners changing their spots. For 2023, we have 2 headliners: The Offspring and Enter Shikari. They maybe think Creeper is big enough to headline a tent (even if they don't have yet the same status as Neck DeepAlexisonfire or Bullet For My Valentine to take examples from 2019-2022).

5 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

Creeper confirmed they were headlining a stage didn't they in the first announcement?

Just some approximates/guesses on where bands could end up. Bands like See You Space Cowboy & Heriot are real heavy but there's quite a few bands I'd put on the Jagermeister (for reference there were 8 on it last year).

Dickies Stage: The Offspring, Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake, Flogging Molly, Gogol Bordello, Millencolin, Zebrahead, Sincere Engineer

Jagermeister Stage: Enter Shikari, Billy Talent, Underoath, We Came As Romans, Hawthorne Heights, Malevolence, Fit For A King, Dragged Under, Static Dress

Rock Scene Stage: Creeper, Boston Manor, The Menzingers, The Hunna, Four Year Strong, Trash Boat, Real Friends, Movements

Rock Sound Stage: Yellowcard, Kids in Glass Houses, The Academy Is..., Holding Absence, Fireworks, Noahfinnce, Greyscale, Vukovi

Key Club Left & Right: Wargasm, Maggie Lindemann, Spanish Love Songs, Charlotte Sands, Destroy Boys, girlfriends, See You Space Cowboy, Heriot

Can't see Menzingers & SLS clashing or even being on separate stages tbh. Would be fully expecting SLS to play right before The Menzingers.

5 hours ago, Archi said:

2022: Sum 41 - Dropkick Murphys - Neck Deep - Alexisonfire - Beartooth.
2023: The Offspring - Enter Shikari - Billy Talent - Bowling For Soup - Yellowcard.

Except Bowling For Soup, It's a pretty decent Big 5. The Jagermeister Stage would be really good if it's @LazyDavidsuggests it!

Remember that second line from this year had another band as well. Plus, Dropkicks were a co-headliner on the same stage with Sum 41 and they were doing arenas which were cancelled....albeit that's a stretch. Beartooth weren't a headliner. 

4 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Creeper are definitely not in the Neck Deep spot, looking at their placement on the poster. Still think we're going to get a third confirmed headline act.

Bowling for Soup probably won't be subbing the same stage as Dropkicks did last time out, but that said, it'll be a step down regardless. Certainly no other stage had a major sub headliner. Although I reckon Yellowcard or Billy Talent would be more than suitable for that slot. If it DOES end up being Bowling for Soup, I'd be surprised.

I feel like, overall, the lineup is stronger. The Offspring and Enter Shikari are definitely big enough as headliners, and if they DO have another headliner, that'd easily match the three from this year, depending on who it is. I also feel like the lineup is stronger the further down you go than last year too.

Me too. With The Offspring, I feel it is a bigger overall headliner and I'm not expecting a co-headliner this year. They've got more time after covid etc to not have to fit a band in so to speak.

I'd go for

The Offspring, Billy Talenr, YC, LTJ, FM

Enter Shikari, KIGH, Underoath

Yet to be confirmed headliner, BFS

Creeper

The Menzingers, SLS

2 hours ago, ScarletBlaster said:

Can't see Menzingers & SLS clashing or even being on separate stages tbh. Would be fully expecting SLS to play right before The Menzingers.

Yup. I'd see both clash dependent but they are similar of interest. They could even be the key club headliners. More into SLS.

This is going to be a clash nightmare.

Surely all the headliners won't play at the same time? Am I right in thinking last year when Sum 41 played, all the other headliners were done - except Nova Twins maybe? I was hoping to see The Offspring, Enter Shikari, The Menzingers and Creeper. Doubt very much that is going to happen. 

10 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Surely all the headliners won't play at the same time? Am I right in thinking last year when Sum 41 played, all the other headliners were done - except Nova Twins maybe? I was hoping to see The Offspring, Enter Shikari, The Menzingers and Creeper. Doubt very much that is going to happen. 

It will be a clash nightmare, happy with The Menzingers, SLS and Boston Manor from yesterdays announcement but I can’t help but thinking I’m getting some clashes when I want to see quite a few of the artists at the top of the lineup - The Offspring, Billy Talent, Bowling For Soup, Yellowcard, Creeper, Kids In Glass Houses, Boston Manor, The Menzingers & Spanish Love Songs are my must sees currently.

13 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

I'd go similar but a few differences for my guess:

Dickies Stage: The Offspring, Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake, Flogging Molly, Gogol Bordello, Millencolin, Zebrahead

Jagermeister Stage: Enter Shikari, Billy Talent, Underoath, Malevolence, We Came As Romans, Static Dress, Fit For A King

Rock Sound Stage: Unannounced HeadlinerYellowcard, Kids in Glass Houses, The Menzingers, The Academy Is..., Four Year Strong, Real Friends, Fireworks, Movements

Rock Scene Stage: Creeper, The Hunna, Boston Manor, Holding Absence, Trophy Eyes, Hawthorne Heights, Dragged Under

Key Club Right: Wargasm, Maggie Lindemann, Vukovi, Charlotte Sands, Destroy Boys, girlfriends

Key Club Left: Trash Boat, Noahfinnce, Spanish Love Songs, Grayscale, SeeYouSpaceCowboy, Heriot

4 hours ago, Henrik said:

I think all those are likely headliners 

1 hour ago, Andrinald said:

I'd go similar but a few differences for my guess:

Dickies Stage: The Offspring, Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake, Flogging Molly, Gogol Bordello, Millencolin, Zebrahead

Jagermeister Stage: Enter Shikari, Billy Talent, Underoath, Malevolence, We Came As Romans, Static Dress, Fit For A King

Rock Sound Stage: Unannounced HeadlinerYellowcard, Kids in Glass Houses, The Menzingers, The Academy Is..., Four Year Strong, Real Friends, Fireworks, Movements

Rock Scene Stage: Creeper, The Hunna, Boston Manor, Holding Absence, Trophy Eyes, Hawthorne Heights, Dragged Under

Key Club Right: Wargasm, Maggie Lindemann, Vukovi, Charlotte Sands, Destroy Boys, girlfriends

Key Club Left: Trash Boat, Noahfinnce, Spanish Love Songs, Grayscale, SeeYouSpaceCowboy, Heriot

FYS won't play 6th on the 3rd stage

Edited by thewayiam

2 hours ago, Daimo said:

Seems to be a lot of chat about an unannounced headliner, who do we think it could be? Rancid??

I think it's Rancid. Slam Dunk will also give them a 'nicer' billing than Download as they would headline a stage. We won't get the co-headline thing of this year obviously. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a headliner and a sub to come but much less sure on the latter. If November 7th roles around and Download don't announce them then I think it's on. Knowing our luck though, there will be a TBC Opus sub.

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think it's Rancid. Slam Dunk will also give them a 'nicer' billing than Download as they would headline a stage. We won't get the co-headline thing of this year obviously. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a headliner and a sub to come but much less sure on the latter. If November 7th roles around and Download don't announce them then I think it's on. Knowing our luck though, there will be a TBC Opus sub.

Would love Rancid was gutted when they pulled out last year, going to be a lot of clashes I think

6 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

If it was Rancid they'd have been announced yesterday as they were for a fair few European festivals

Not necessarily, different festivals will operate on their own ticket sale gain. Slam Dunk will have much less early bird etc tickets than general sale and with their current price a last headliner to boost will help. Not saying it's definitely Rancid though. 

48 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Not sure there's a spot for Frank Turner anymore tbh.

I actually think there could be. there is space for one more sub based on last years poster if they want it and that's not replacing the headliner. But it's close enough to the weekend before that it's a tight call between this and Download. The only thing saving it is that SD still surely have a 3rd headliner to announce

11 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Not sure there's a spot for Frank Turner anymore tbh.

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I actually think there could be. there is space for one more sub based on last years poster if they want it and that's not replacing the headliner. But it's close enough to the weekend before that it's a tight call between this and Download. The only thing saving it is that SD still surely have a 3rd headliner to announce

FT also has a tour in January so maybe he’s waiting to play that before announcing his UK festival dates. Would take FT and Anti-Flag from that lineup above.