Your Most Visited Stage

CurrySauce

33 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Last time there I saw Bjorn Again, Sheryl Crow, Carrie Underwood, The Proclaimers, Stormzy, Ms. Lauryn Hill, Mavis Staples, Kylie, Miley and The Cure all on El Pointo and a great time was had by all.

(OK OK I also saw Liam Gallagher but noone said it was all solid gold)

Yes there's some shit on there as well but hey isn't there on all stages. I prefer to stick to the smaller stages especially later on but Pyramid would probably still be my most visited stage because they have a lot of those big acts that I wouldn't necessarily pay to see because their concerts are too expensive but can be a great festival set. 

It's also good if you need a bit of rest time if you go during the day when it's not too busy as there is plenty of space to sit or lie down. Mr Gigpusher heard Kenny Rogers but don't think he ever saw him as he just lay down and relaxed during it.  

for the first few years of The Glade being there i pretty much spent near enough ALL my time there.

these days my favourite stage is the Summerhouse (or Blazing Saddles as it was) you can sit there all day and be constantly surprised and entertained.

you are also guaranteed to see Pronghorn, Lekiddo & Mik!

i also love and spend a lot of time in Avalon.

image.png.50dbf7ea5f1f1169ebba39b5d726e700.png

Clearly having a massive Friday night here... so I decided to go back through old Clashfinders to try answer answer this thread. These are acts I saw in full and also acts I remember seeing. I know there's loads of stages I've wandered into to watch a bit of someone play without checking who they are. Also couldn't for the life of me remember any of the electronic night stuff I saw beyond Arcadia, so that's out the window. 

Aside from the Clashfinders making me mourn the acts I missed seeing, or the wrong decisions I made. I'm pretty ashamed how low West Holts stage number is here. I'll be certainly trying to up that number this year. Also before doing this I'd of been sure that the Other stage would be number one and not the Pyramid, so that's a pleasant surprise. The Park suffers from how far away from my camp it is (I'd normally only go if there's a couple of acts in a row I want to see), and how muddy that hill was in 2016.  

This year I'm gonna be attacking some new stages I haven't seen anyone on yet hopefully. I also haven't seen a headliner on anything that wasn't Pyramid, Other or WH yet - so that's an aim perhaps. 

Have been at this all evening.  Great fun going through all the programmes.  I have data from 2007 onwards.  I am a list nerd and I score gigs, so I have looked at the stages most visited, but also the scores for those gigs.

1. Pyramid   (1580 points)

2. Acoustic  (1458)

3. Avalon  (543)

4. Leftfield  (374)

5. West Holts  (351)

6. Other  (270)

7. John Peel  (179)

8. Strummerville  (86)

9. Hell Stage  (75)

10. Glade  (60)

Pyramid comes out way ahead.  I may only see three or four acts there over a festival, but often my number one gig would be amongst that.  That would be headliners like the Stones, the Cure and U2, but at other years earlier acts would have been my standout gig: Leonard Cohen, Robert Plant, Patti Smith.

I knew the Acoustic would come out high up, because that used to be my default stage if there was no must see elsewhere, or if it was too wet/muddy for lots of walking. Have been there less over recent years as the programming just isn't as good as it used to be.

Surprised to see that I have hardly seen anything at The Park.  Too far a trek I guess, unless I really want to see something.

West Holts, Pyramid, Glade, Bloc 9, Shangri La - I rarely visit Silver Hayes, but it's on the list this year to spend more time there. Some of the smaller tents and bars have a great vibe for just drinking and dancing. Craig Charles dropped a great set in the daytime of straight funk and grooves.

Just a rambling train of thought, not responding to any particular comments in this thread, but I’m often left bemused when people post about trying to reduce time at, or even avoid, certain stages or trying to spend more time at others. I just go where I think I’ll have the best time and I don’t get the mindset of trying to force yourself to enjoy something as a kind of box ticking (or unticking) exercise. Of course everybody’s way to festival is unique to themselves and all approaches are equally valid 🙂

Anyway, to the point of the thread, I’ve probably spent most of my time at Pyramid / Other / JPT in my earlier festivals. Latterly it’s probably shifted more to Pyramid / Avalon / Park / Other.

When there’s no act on I’m particularly enthralled by, I’ll often gravitate to the theatre and circus fields, always surprises over there 🙂