Ticket Delivery

Ayrshire Chris

8 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You are right that's how Special delivery works, It's next Working day 1pm. My point is that See state the tickets have been sent by "Secure Delivery postage" not Special Delivery, there is no such service as "Secure Delivery" so maybe they are not too concerned about the time frame and won't make claims on the Royal Mail if the tickets take longer to get through the system, with the 2 bank holidays there may well be a backlog of post so that may be why some haven't yet got tickets processed over the weekend.

That's just the terminology on the page. They are sent Special Delivery.

2 hours ago, Alvoram said:

PITA that is. Probably need to rethink that for future years then, a collection point away from the festival site like viago do? As I imagine there will be other International guests who rent a car. And, technically, anybody from mainland Europe can drive here, I drive over Europe all of the time. 

Yeah, this is it. Its been discussed in depth over on the International Contingent thread, a few people are driving from Europe and they've no idea how, where and when they'll be able to pick up.

And I know it's a different company but this has now definitely given me the fear... Ticketmaster have just emailed this to Download Festival ticket holders -

Screenshot-20220607-144931-Gmail.thumb.jpg.859c91883fa409228389ef05324ccece.jpg

Edited by TheDayman

3 minutes ago, MoonBuggy said:

Oof, I was thinking it already, but that really makes it seems like paper tickets in 2022 are just a liability. Genuinely don't see a downside to QR codes at this point? 

How do you issue the QR codes?

It’s a 2D image so if it’s sent digitally it can be easily transferred to someone other than the original ticket holder. Emails and home print outs can be altered to match a new ticket holder which does open it up unofficial sales. 

When I’ve had a QR code issued for a festival it was issued at the point of wristbanding. 

Emails can be altered ahead of the event, making them not so useful for E-Ticketing an event like Glastonbury that requires the buyer to be the attendee.

It would take a vast overhaul of the ticketing system to make it work - so, scan the QR code and the persons photo comes up on the handheld device. It could work, but it's a huge change from what we currently have. 

It'd get rid of this worry of it not arriving, mind...

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

Surely tickets weren't being sent out then? Did he have any notification on See's tracker? As far as I know they weren't going to 'secure courier' until 19th May. Royal Mail tracking has been complete fiction on an item I posted last month, may be the case here. Fingers crossed See do the decent thing. 

Thanks. Yes, he had the verification, with an unknown signature. Plus he had another tracking number which proved false. Anyway, despite being informed it was wrongly delivered to Gillingham, it has today been successfully received!! Best guess is both Royal Mail trackers were incorrect, or the Gillingham address returned the ticket.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, briddj said:

That's just the terminology on the page. They are sent Special Delivery.

So you don't think a customer sending thousands of Special Delivery items per day through one office (Nottingham MC) would have a conversation with Royal Mail about the service they expect and try to negotiate a better rate based on not claiming for delayed items? That is the scenario I see, there is no reason to insist on next day delivery in this particular case and so they may well have agreed a bespoke deal. Just speculation on my part of course but if I was sending out hundreds of thousands of items in a short space of time through one office I would certainly be having discussions.

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s a 2D image so if it’s sent digitally it can be easily transferred to someone other than the original ticket holder. Emails and home print outs can be altered to match a new ticket holder which does open it up unofficial sales. 

When I’ve had a QR code issued for a festival it was issued at the point of wristbanding. 

Email out the codes, and then you'd just need to have the scanners show the registration photo when a ticket's scanned. No fakes, no photo swapping, no postage costs, no lost tickets, and no hassle for international arrivals - seems like an all round win! 

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

So with my Uefa Euro 2020/21 tickets for the semis and final they were inside an app only. Had a qr code that when scanned bought up all of my details and photo on their system, it also displayed all of these details in the app. 

12 minutes ago, ThatCubT said:

Emails can be altered ahead of the event, making them not so useful for E-Ticketing an event like Glastonbury that requires the buyer to be the attendee.

It would take a vast overhaul of the ticketing system to make it work - so, scan the QR code and the persons photo comes up on the handheld device. It could work, but it's a huge change from what we currently have. 

It'd get rid of this worry of it not arriving, mind...

It'd be a bit of work to change over from paper to scanners, for sure, but adding the photos is almost no extra overhead compared to just validating the codes - and if it were ten years ago I'd say it's fair to weigh it up, but nowadays there are loads of huge events using etickets anyway, so plenty of well tested examples to work from. 

Just now, Aries said:

Just checked my order on See for the 20th time today and it's finally changed, tickets gone to the courier today! Tomorrow will be spent looking out the living room window until they arrive 😄 

Is it showing the tracking code yet?

I ask because if not, they may not actually hand them over to the courier until tomorrow, for a Thursday delivery.

@Alvoram @MoonBuggy 

Scanners would be needed at all gates which would be a considerable one time expense. Each person scanning would need their own device. The devices will also need their own wireless network to run off as well as power for charging etc. 

What works for a stadium based event works because they have all the infrastructure already there. 

I’m not sure what power is available at each gate but it’s a lot of infrastructure to be brought in. When the festival isn’t on, the gates are literally a gate into a field. 

Not impossible but it would be a big challenge to begin with. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

@Alvoram @MoonBuggy 

Scanners would be needed at all gates which would be a considerable one time expense. Each person scanning would need their own device. The devices will also need their own wireless network to run off as well as power for charging etc. 

What works for a stadium based event works because they have all the infrastructure already there. 

I’m not sure what power is available at each gate but it’s all infrastructure to be brought in. When the festival isn’t the gates are literally a gate to a field. 

We use a really cool POS system that has a built in battery and SIM card for just this kind of situation. it has a scanner, and allows us to operate from almost anywhere all day long, using mobile network, then recharge at night. I'd imagine a similar system, but for access management, would be employed. 

50 minutes ago, pauladam said:

Mine arrived today (email Friday) - if the Sticklinch/WV emails would just arrive that would be great 🙂

In 2019 the WV barcode emails were sent on 10 June, which means they should have been sent out yesterday if they are working to the same timeframe. Car park tickets were despatched on 12 June. But everything’s lagging because of the Jubilee last week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

@Alvoram @MoonBuggy 

I’m not sure what power is available at each gate but it’s a lot of infrastructure to be brought in. When the festival isn’t on, the gates are literally a gate into a field. 

All of what you've mentioned would be outsourced, so that infrastructure would never be owned by the festival but rather a service provided by whomever held that contract.

27 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Anyway, despite being informed it was wrongly delivered to Gillingham, it has today been successfully received!! Best guess is both Royal Mail trackers were incorrect, or the Gillingham address returned the ticket.

That’s great news! What an awful stress though 🤯😭

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

In 2019 the WV barcode emails were sent on 10 June, which means they should have been sent out yesterday if they are working to the same timeframe. Car park tickets were despatched on 12 June. But everything’s lagging because of the Jubilee last week. 

Yeah but the Festival didn't start until 26th in 2019 so we've lost a few days there too.

All doom and gloom from me at the moment, I feel like The Nal in the weather thread! 😂

3 hours ago, ledwards said:

If my tickets were sent to carrier on 1 June (on See Tickets) but still no update/email - should I be concerned? Anyone else in this situation 🙃

This happened to someone else in this thread a couple of weeks ago. They got in touch with See via the form on the order tracker and miraculously their despatch email arrived with tracking number. I would definitely contact them to check. There may be the odd glitch in the system. 

1 minute ago, phillyfaddle said:

This happened to someone else in this thread a couple of weeks ago. They got in touch with See via the form on the order tracker and miraculously their despatch email arrived with tracking number. I would definitely contact them to check. There may be the odd glitch in the system. 

They got their despatch notification the day before the bank holiday, so the tickets wouldn't have been handed to RM until yesterday or today. 

4 hours ago, Larraht said:

Nothing here yet..with 2 weeks to go I’m developing anxiety! 

For those that have received tickets did it say they had been sent on see tickets? I haven’t had an email or anything.

Process seems to be: order tracker updates to “tickets sent to our secure courier”, despatch email arrives next day, tickets delivered 48 hours after that. 

1 minute ago, phillyfaddle said:

Process seems to be: order tracker updates to “tickets sent to our secure courier”, despatch email arrives next day, tickets delivered 48 hours after that. 

Exactly, they only got the sent to courier message on Weds... Bank holiday since then 🙂