Beautiful Days 2022

gooner1990

Glad to hear Steve Boakes was back, though Simon wasn't?

Music / Demography wise - being the band they are and the time when they were at their peak they need to maybe refrain from thinking the options stopped around 2010 - and maybe go beyond just inviting their mates and previous support bands for various tours going back 30 years to play again and again... Bearded has a similar demographic and they manage a slightly more fresher line up alongside the regular returns...

Met a lovely couple on Fri levs big top.. Bless em they had run out of beer so I wondered around asking random people if they were kind enough to have a can.. 

They couldn't believe that I got one.. 

All I said was at a good fest all you have to say do is ask. 

Anyway that's me done this year.. 

Gxx

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Quark said:

Been thinking about the compost toilet thing.  With the layout of the site and the fact it's so hilly / uneven, I'm not sure whether they actually have that combination of areas of flat ground that are big enough to put them down. Thinking of the composters I've seen elsewhere they tend to be quite large structures, unless you can get them in smaller blocks?

The ones from Natural Event are a modular system, and can scale from 1 to loads in each block.

But yeah, the "per bog" footprint is bigger than with Portaloos, especially when you factor in the steps needed at the front. On the other hand, they only need emptying / changing less than half as often, and to do so doesn't need a shit truck to attend (which was an issue with parts of the site last year in the mud).

Composters should certainly be introduced where possible, and I think they could probably cover more than half the site that way.

• Upvote 1

First timer here! I've done a few festivals in the past such as Glasto's, Bestivals, and Secret Garden Party. Came to Beautiful Days as my parents go and I wanted something a bit smaller and calmer this year.

Was very pleasently surprised that I managed to catch a bit of electronic music on the Fri, and loved the amount of dub / reggae. But my favourite thing was that over an entire weekend, I didn't encounter one single dickhead. Not one. What a lovely bunch of people, makes such a change!

But yes I definitely vote for more loo's - never seen such a lack of toilets at a festival. Saying that, I didn't encounter any grim ones thankfully.

Edited by hannahlmoore
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hannahlmoore said:

First timer here! I've done a few festivals in the past such as Glasto's, Bestivals, and Secret Garden Party. Came to Beautiful Days as my parents go and I wanted something a bit smaller and calmer this year.

Was very pleasently surprised that I managed to catch a bit of electronic music on the Fri, and loved the amount of dub / reggae. But my favourite thing was that over an entire weekend, I didn't encounter one single dickhead. Not one. What a lovely bunch of people, makes such a change!

But yes I definitely vote for more loo's - never seen such a lack of toilets at a festival. Saying that, I didn't encounter any grim ones thankfully.

Obviously didn't meet me lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, guypjfreak said:

Was good.. 

Beth was terrible 

Specials were du

Bimble was cool 

Levs were as always awesome 

But I'll not be buying a ticket until I see the lineup next year... 

Not feeling to great atm tho and found out that baby Eliza had been taken in to hospital but we weren't told so we didn't worry.. 

Nightmare 

I had a moment sat night and was sat down round the corner of main stage... Thank you so to the girl that came and checked that I was OK and a little hug.. Xxxxx

I think i saw that happen you were sat behind the merch tent right with two of security. I was working there and watching the band when I saw you brought in, You were with a lady and a younger girl, the younger one was upset, so i helped her to the side to watch the band while you sat out back. Glad you're ok mate.

On 9/2/2022 at 9:35 AM, spg said:

Thanks, you're more than welcome 

and thank yu simon for your work for efests and the beers, this year. 🙂 

@spg is my beer buddy who takes me to the pub, cos i can't get myself there cos of mobility issues.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:26 PM, Dunno said:

I think i saw that happen you were sat behind the merch tent right with two of security. I was working there and watching the band when I saw you brought in, You were with a lady and a younger girl, the younger one was upset, so i helped her to the side to watch the band while you sat out back. Glad you're ok mate.

No different thing.. This girl just had a chat with her and she was off.. Then I went back to mates..... 

Good job you do tho old son.. 

• 4 weeks later...