Connect Festival

kingcrawler

58 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It's fairly obvious now who 2 of the headliners are, but there's essentially co-headliners (I say essentially as I don't know how they'll bill it) that have barely had a mention 👍

Who do you think they are Mez? I have not been following this but will attend for sure, line up dependent. 

On 1/13/2023 at 9:11 AM, kingcrawler said:

That's the second of the supposed four gigs around the festival announced. I wonder if The Strokes are big enough to play a standalone gig or if they'd be better as a strong headliner for the festival itself?

He's now doing two nights, so that's just one standalone gig left to announce. 

Wonder when we'll hear about the festival itself, I'm guessing they'll start properly teasing it next week with maybe an announcement next Friday, tickets on sale the following week.

4E55FC10-458A-46A7-B6BC-825D5E873737.thumb.jpeg.2e5e486a631b149c69c9dae40f298902.jpeg

No surprise he’s sold that out. With McFly as support that second date will sell out quickly as well.

I’m starting to worry about Connect with another late announcement and the reduction of the Friday (although I can see why that’s happening)

Wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t last past this year. 

3 hours ago, Chiefski said:

Alt-J as the other co headliner? Popping up on a few fest's around the time, Victorious etc... Quite a few on their lineup that would fit connect tbf

was just going to reply to this with a thumbs down but that could have been interpreted in a couple of ways. no not them

48 minutes ago, orangepaterson said:

Going to go with Ben Howard. Mezhyp1, am I right?

That was another name I was gonna mention

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

was just going to reply to this with a thumbs down but that could have been interpreted in a couple of ways. no not them

Haha it's cool, assumed Boygenius was correct with the reaction you gave someone else. Anyone else on the Victorious lineup there?

12 minutes ago, Chiefski said:

That was another name I was gonna mention

Haha it's cool, assumed Boygenius was correct with the reaction you gave someone else. Anyone else on the Victorious lineup there?

On victorious - there may be a couple of the lesser acts as i genuinely can't remember, but none of the main acts nah

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The Strokes were ruled out a while back I think. Pretty sure YYYs were included in the rule outs.

Right enough, I probably should've read the thread first. What about King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard as one of the out there co-headliners? Not sure if they're big enough but are headlining End of the Road the week after.

8 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Right enough, I probably should've read the thread first. What about King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard as one of the out there co-headliners? Not sure if they're big enough but are headlining End of the Road the week after.

Unfortunately not. That'd be epic 

10 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Just noticed @Mezhyp1mentioned about Franz Ferdinand playing a festival in Scotland in August on another forum. 

Don’t suppose it’s here?

I seen elsewhere that they are supporting Pixies in the US on tour, that would be an ideal top 2 for me, still expecting Pixies to pop up on some festivals