2023 Festival

TheWaters

2 hours ago, Benj said:

For me personally or to help Reading shift weekend tickets?

Personally I think the kids who were going to by tickets to get pissed up in a field at one festival this year have already bought tickets to get pissed up in a field and have committed to elsewhere.

They’re not a market who can afford or will be planning a last minute jaunt because X artists is suddenly added to the bill.

I also think the main demographic who’ve not bought this year are probably repeat Reading people, who have not bought this year, due to the format change and weak general lineup.

Therefore those are probably the ones you want to go after and I think the best available act FR can get, esp as they’ve got them under contract for Latitude is Pulp

For me personally, if I’m being realistic, although it’s probably too big a slot for them, Idles (don’t think they will sell many day or weekend tickets though) or again Pulp, who will certainly shift a fair whack of day tickets 

I think quite a lot of people do buy tickets just before

Pulp being added would probably convince me - Fender Foals Killers and Pulp is a great indie lineup

can't see it though!

8 hours ago, Benj said:

The fact he’s only second in Ireland says it all…

Bar a few mega fans, no one is buying weekend tickets to Reading festival because Niall Horan is added

No one is buying weekend tickets regardless of whos added. It would take a behemoth of an act to be announced to shift weekend tickets at this stage imo.

6 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

No one is buying weekend tickets regardless of whos added. It would take a behemoth of an act to be announced to shift weekend tickets at this stage imo.

Unless they strike lucky with availability and spend a considerable amount of money I cant see somebody coming in and selling enough tickets to sell the festival out, its more a case of could they shift day tickets.

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I think Jamie T will be announced now that he’s played his Finsbury Park gig. 

Surely hes not the right size for that slot yet

Edited by nathanh

10 hours ago, gfa said:

won't be a crowd at all the way they are going

i reckon they'll end up adding a rapper from wireless after next weekend tbh

sold out like a week ago tbf

i think a lot of people have moved to boardmasters for reading, not so sure for leeds

Leeds still holds up due to Piccadilly and stuff, Reading is a bland festival with it’s only selling points being history and location 

56 minutes ago, CG31 said:

Leeds still holds up due to Piccadilly and stuff, Reading is a bland festival with it’s only selling points being history and location 

56 minutes ago, CG31 said:

Bland is deffo the word now, nothing of slight interesting booked for a couple of years now

9 hours ago, gfa said:

I think quite a lot of people do buy tickets just before

Hard to say given it’s sold out relatively early the last few iterations.

I’m not sure the teenage mob will be in the market for late tickets, given the cost.

I think there’s gonna be a fair whack for resale this year too, so it’s really, really hard to imagine them shifting a lot now

Bit of a wild shout but how would people feel about Lil Uzi Vert replacing Capaldi on the Saturday?

New album 'Pink Tape' is blowing up from what I've seen. That's on top of classics like XO Tour Llif3, 20 min, Bad and Boujee, etc. The first having well over a billion streams and in the top 50 most streamed songs on Spotify ever! They are also the 73rd most streamed artist on Spotify!

As well as appealing to the rap crowd, they are also very popular with the rock fans with the latest album featuring Bring me the Horizon, Baby metal and even features a cover of Chop Suey (CS)! Rap and rock are both limited on the current line up so might encourage that audience to grab tickets.

With strong rumours they have dropped out of Wireless, I think this would be the only UK date too.

Are they big enough to headline or would they more likely take the Slowthai slot? My guess is they would probably prefer to book someone safer like Playboy Carti who appeals to a similar crowd but is more established as a headliner.

11 hours ago, CG31 said:

To be honest I think the GCSE crowd know no better, it will take a very good lineup to get be to go back to Reading (and leeds late night is shocking so it would be the same if i lived closer) having done fests that go on even till like 2am. Serious game changer

9 hours ago, p0sterb0y said:

Bit of a wild shout but how would people feel about Lil Uzi Vert replacing Capaldi on the Saturday?

New album 'Pink Tape' is blowing up from what I've seen. That's on top of classics like XO Tour Llif3, 20 min, Bad and Boujee, etc. The first having well over a billion streams and in the top 50 most streamed songs on Spotify ever! They are also the 73rd most streamed artist on Spotify!

As well as appealing to the rap crowd, they are also very popular with the rock fans with the latest album featuring Bring me the Horizon, Baby metal and even features a cover of Chop Suey (CS)! Rap and rock are both limited on the current line up so might encourage that audience to grab tickets.

With strong rumours they have dropped out of Wireless, I think this would be the only UK date too.

Are they big enough to headline or would they more likely take the Slowthai slot? My guess is they would probably prefer to book someone safer like Playboy Carti who appeals to a similar crowd but is more established as a headliner.

I'm not sure if they would book him after bailing on Wireless given its also Live Nation. I think both Uzi and Carti would be fine in the MSW slot.

Lil Uzi Vert is definitely not 'very popular' with rock fans, just because the album features those artists it doesn't mean its necessarily popular / will shift rock tickets.

3 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Not as Capaidis replacement, just added in general. 

He did do Finsbury the other day tbf, very weak and won't shift tickets though

3 hours ago, On The Blend said:

After R&L’s iconic like-for-like replacement of RATM with the 1975, could we expect something similar here? Capaldi out and Slipknot in? Or Parkway Driver perhaps…

😂 think a replacement would move away from that direction not towards it

every single comment would be 'who' on their socials

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

At this point I’m struggling to see how even Don Broco made it on there, never mind someone like Slipknot, Mayday Parade or Idles in the lower spot

I know they get some stick but they can’t miss with dark fruits bands here to turn it into an easy crowdpleasing indie day:

The Killers / Courteeners / Nothing But Thieves / The Wombats / Inhaler / Jamie Webster

2 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

At this point I’m struggling to see how even Don Broco made it on there, never mind someone like Slipknot, Mayday Parade or Idles in the lower spot

I know they get some stick but they can’t miss with dark fruits bands here to turn it into an easy crowdpleasing indie day:

The Killers / Courteeners / Nothing But Thieves / The Wombats / Inhaler / Jamie Webster

And an utterly sh*t day for EVERYONE  who finds that sh*t tediously dull

Again the problem with no actual choice being offered anymore. They’ve properly boxed themselves in, to the point they can’t create a lineup that anyone is going to like over 3 days

29 minutes ago, Benj said:

Again the problem with no actual choice being offered anymore. They’ve properly boxed themselves in, to the point they can’t create a lineup that anyone is going to like over 3 days

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong, it’d be incredibly dull but they’ll be scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Don’t know what genre appeals to most in this shitshow

2 hours ago, Benj said:

Can't be much more dull than Capaldi !!

Impossible to please everyone when theres 4 main genres at the festival and several smaller ones

23 hours ago, nathanh said:

Unless they strike lucky with availability and spend a considerable amount of money I cant see somebody coming in and selling enough tickets to sell the festival out, its more a case of could they shift day tickets.

Surely hes not the right size for that slot yet

"Yet"? He was never headline sized in 2007, never mind now.

The promoters need to do the right thing and get QOTSA in. They owe us for 2021, and unlike then or Rage last year it's not a last minute pull out, so enough time to organise logistics etc.

6 hours ago, gfa said:

These people called RATM "goths" so god knows how they'd react to someone like Slipknot being announced!

42 minutes ago, VCK said:

The promoters need to do the right thing and get QOTSA in. They owe us for 2021, and unlike then or Rage last year it's not a last minute pull out, so enough time to organise logistics etc.

I have a question for you rock fans in this forum as its not really my genre, would QOTSA really be enough to make you buy a ticket, what would you do for the rest of the day/weekend with not much else catered to you?