Jump to content

Weather Thread 2021


gooner1990
 Share

Recommended Posts

Given how quickly forecasts can change (and sometimes just be wrong) I'm going for blind optimism on reasonable weather.

After the last 18 months I honestly don#t know if a proper rainy festival would finish me off! 😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Quark said:

Given how quickly forecasts can change (and sometimes just be wrong) I'm going for blind optimism on reasonable weather.

After the last 18 months I honestly don#t know if a proper rainy festival would finish me off! 😭

I live about 20 miles from the site and the forecast for today is heavy cloud.  In reality, it's been a great day, sunshine, clouds, no rain.  We'd take this all day long.  So, yeah, forecasts aren't always reliable!

I think any rain in the forecasts is only light, and showers rather than prolonged rain.  It'll be fine 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Copied from a FB post from UK Southwest Storm Chasers:

Beautiful Days Festival

Are you attending the Beautiful Days Festival in Escot Park this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, if so here is your Forecast and don't forget to share it with others that are going so they can prepare.

FRIDAY 20th August:
Largely overcast throughout the day but with lighter winds coming from a southerly direction, it won't feel too bad.

Overnight into Saturday temperatures holding up at 15 degrees and largely dry, just the risk of the odd spit of drizzle and mist patches developing. 

Temperatures: 15 to 20 degrees 
Winds: S-SW 5mph to 9mph
Pollen: Moderate 
UV: Low to Moderate 

SATURDAY 21st AUGUST:
A mild, dry overcast start to the day.

We will see a band of rain push in from the west during late morning, early afternoon but should clear by mid afternoon.

Cloud will break to give sunny spells and showers by late afternoon. Some could be on the sharp side but mainly light.

Overnight the showers continue which could merge to give a longer spell of rain but remaining mild with highs of 14 degrees. 

Temperatures: 15 to 19 degrees 
Winds: SE becoming S - SW 4mph to 11mph
Pollen: Moderate 
UV: Moderate 

SUNDAY 22nd August:
Sunny spells and showers sums up the day.

With the nature of all showers, the Festival could miss them altogether but if you do catch one, they could be on the sharp side.

In between the showers, good sunny spells are to be had and feeling warm in any sunshine and it should tend to dry up come early evening.

Overnight into Monday a drier night compared to Saturday night with less risk of a shower and staying mild with highs of 14 degrees. 

Temperatures: 14 to 20 degrees 
Winds: W - SW 6mph to 11mph
Pollen: Moderate 
UV: Moderate to High 

Enjoy regardless of the weather as I'm sure you will have a good time.

Nay
swscbritain.co.uk 
 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

If it has to rain then it can do it On Sunday - 3 more or less dry days then a wet one to end would be perfectly acceptable if it really has to rain.

If we're putting requests in, can it avoid raining from 4.30pm onwards on Saturday please.  I intend to take root at the main stage for the rest of the day then!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Skelts said:

If we're putting requests in, can it avoid raining from 4.30pm onwards on Saturday please.  I intend to take root at the main stage for the rest of the day then!

My request is no rain when I’m setting my tent up at about 4pm on Thursday.

Doing that at Glastonbury 2011 was a horrendous start to the festival!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

My request is no rain when I’m setting my tent up at about 4pm on Thursday.

Doing that at Glastonbury 2011 was a horrendous start to the festival!

Yeah, that would suck.  Only takes 10 mins to put our tent up but could do without the rest of our kit getting drenched while we do that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

Yeah, that would suck.  Only takes 10 mins to put our tent up but could do without the rest of our kit getting drenched while we do that!

Bin bags … put all clothes in them before packing in main rucksack … 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Bin bags … put all clothes in them before packing in main rucksack … 

We have started using them vaccuum bags for clothes and bedding. Keeps them dry and takes up a hell of a lot less room in the car (on the way there at least). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Looking like virtually guaranteed rain whilst pitching on Met Office forecast 😫....

Hopefully just light rain 😞 can't remember the last time I put a tent up in the rain like! Haven't planned where we're camping yet but near the car park sounds prudent!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Hopefully just light rain 😞 can't remember the last time I put a tent up in the rain like! Haven't planned where we're camping yet but near the car park sounds prudent!

Everywhere except Arena camping is near the car park.

It will be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Looking like virtually guaranteed rain whilst pitching on Met Office forecast 😫....

Yeah just been looking at that. Nice dry evening though, and dry tomorrow. Apart from the risk of showers Saturday afternoon, it doesn’t look too bad. Sunday looks decent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought the weather wasn't too bad....we missed the rain on the Thursday travelling down, didn't notice anything on Friday and Saturday was a bit of a late start for us so not sure if we missed it when we were asleep but got caught in in it during GDC's set and had to run back to the tent for a change of t-shirt and waterproofs.

Shame that the mud didn't manage to subside enough to get back into trainers given it was warm all day Sunday but hey that's life. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had to pitch in the rain on Thurs 😒

Ran in to 3DM when it tipped it down Sat - the water coming off the Big Top formed a waterfall as you went in, then started flowing back in and filing up the tent inside, water gradually rising up around our boots...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Had to pitch in the rain on Thurs 😒

Ran in to 3DM when it tipped it down Sat - the water coming off the Big Top formed a waterfall as you went in, then started flowing back in and filing up the tent inside, water gradually rising up around our boots...

We managed to get ours up on Thu in the gap between the showers around 2.30 and them, starting again about 3.30 ish, literally about 10 minutes in it I reckon. 

Wasn't at the Big Top when the rain was bad but it seemed like the worst affected part of the site from my wanderings. That would explain why!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

Heh, year Gary was getting soaked by it whenever he came out onto the platform. Was waiting for the spotlights to explode too...

Didn't catch all of Gazza as we wanted to get a decent spot for Big Moon, left just after Cars. First time I've seen him, definitely getting a ticket for his Brighton gig next year off the back of what I did see. Was bloody great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...