Sziget 2022

Matt86

It seems like a lot of festivals have posted line-up announcements in the past few days. From a marketing standpoint I would imagine that Sziget would announce theirs sometime soon no?

Also, I feel like I'm seeing a lot of Faithless (DJ Set) in European line-ups this summer... where would they fit in Sziget? Would definitely be a cool addition

50 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

It seems like a lot of festivals have posted line-up announcements in the past few days. From a marketing standpoint I would imagine that Sziget would announce theirs sometime soon no?

Also, I feel like I'm seeing a lot of Faithless (DJ Set) in European line-ups this summer... where would they fit in Sziget? Would definitely be a cool addition

Bacardi Arena.

8 hours ago, Archi said:

Because there's Due Lipa, they can't have another female headliner? Didn't know it was a kind of music.

Don't even THINK that I would be against 2 female headliners : my coworkers call me " teenage girl in a man's body" because I listen a looooooot of female artists 🤣

I'm just sayin' : I don't see Sziget booking 2 POP FEMALE ARTISTS as headliners, but I'd love it ! Gimme Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne or Lady Gaga and I sign right here right now 😄

+,  Christina Aguilera, whether you like it or not, remains a huge name that would sell. I can see every year many people over 30 years old, and they all know her.

3 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

lowland leaked lineup.

id take james blake, arlo parks &tash sultana

Pretty strong announcement imho. Loads of names on there I'd happily watch. A dozen acts played at both festivals in 2019 so we might get a handful.

Would be very happy if Sziget got some of the noisier acts on there like Liam, Sam Fender and Fever 333.

Fred again.., Glass Animals, Tash Sultana, Wet Leg, The Lathums and Yard Act would also all be very welcome.

Edited by swelsbyuk

3 hours ago, Sziget2022_Leaks said:

Balaton Sound announcement is imminent.

Sziget to follow in a few weeks.

Im afraid of Balaton's announcement lol, I do have some expectations for Sziget in EDM , and Im afraid Balaton will get them all ... ( like Robin Schulz, KSHMR, Purple disco Machine, ...)

Good to hear from you anyway !

10 hours ago, dolevshelly said:

lowland leaked lineup.

id take james blake, arlo parks &tash sultana

I'd say that's a far better first announcement than Sziget's to be honest. Mind you, there are more names so probably just easier to pick a dozen you fancy seeing. Decent line-up though, and only three days. If my maths are correct the two festivals will be sharing at least seven names.

Trying to get some friends to come with us to Sziget this year and it's hard. That first announcement contained some good names but a lot of unknowns and fluffy stuff (Capaldi, Bastille, Jade Bird, Beabadoobee etc)

It's crying out for some guitars. Hope Foals and Biffy can make an appearance somewhere.

Edited by billybigballs

56 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I'd say that's a far better first announcement than Sziget's to be honest. Mind you, there are more names so probably just easier to pick a dozen you fancy seeing. Decent line-up though, and only three days. If my maths are correct the two festivals will be sharing at least seven names.

Trying to get some friends to come with us to Sziget this year and it's hard. That first announcement contained some good names but a lot of unknowns and fluffy stuff (Capaldi, Bastille, Jade Bird, Beabadoobee etc)

It's crying out for some guitars. Hope Foals and Biffy can make an appearance somewhere.

I think any one of Fever 333, Nothing But Thieves or The War on Drugs will also be announced in Phase 2 Sziget lineup

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Biffy Clyro are in Germany 12, 13, 14 and 16 of August... so the only little chance is the 10th of August, before Dua Lipa..

I think Biffy may just be playing one date out of the 10-12th as it's a festival, so they could play. War on Drugs are not touring Europe in July and August  but they are no where else so could be there. I think Foals are a great bet to be there . London grammar are back Coldplay so I can't see them. A good chance Liam and or Sam Fender could be there as well after the announcement today 

Edited by Davidoff