Efestivals Euro football thread

Ryan1984

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Cat 1 and 2 tickets for Italy Spain should go down in price as no one is paying 595 and 345 euros for a ticket. They have gone down for all games not sold out so if you wanna go, keep an eye out.

I keep spamming the site in case a Cat 3 England ticket pops up, never gonna happen though.

Ridiculous prices aren’t they

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Ridiculous prices aren’t they

I justify the ridiculous prices in three ways:

• Realistically I'm never going to have the opportunity to go to the semi and final of a major tournament again, whether England are there or not;
  • I live in London, so no travel or accommodation expenses;
  • I haven't been to any gigs, festivals or football matches for over a year now so why not? 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

• Realistically I'm never going to have the opportunity to go to the semi and final of a major tournament again, whether England are there or not;
  • I haven't been to any gigs, festivals or football matches for over a year now so why not? 

Whatever way you justify it 600 Euros for a game of football isn’t right.  
I was even a bit put out with my 125 euro ticket for England/Germany 😂

Yeah, been following the same thought process. How long do you have to get there before kick off though? I was thinking of legging it up from Wimbledon - but I think it will be way too tight if you have to be there ages before.

Just now, sisco said:

Whatever way you justify it 600 Euros for a game of football isn’t right.  
I was even a bit put out with my 125 euro ticket for England/Germany 😂

No arguments there, just trying to justify it to myself. The cost of these two matches would pay for a season ticket at West Brom (you can make your own joke there).

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

No arguments there, just trying to justify it to myself. The cost of these two matches would pay for a season ticket at West Brom (you can make your own joke there).

If I could afford it I’m sure I’d do it too.  I’ve been to Germany 2006 and France 2014 plus a game at Euro 2020 so have been very lucky.  Also spent lots on going to other big events and they’re things I’ll never ever forget.  

If you can afford it and don’t mind paying it then it’s fully worth it for the memory, enjoy every minute mate.

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

If I could afford it I’m sure I’d do it too.  I’ve been to Germany 2006 and France 2014 plus a game at Euro 2020 so have been very lucky.  Also spent lots on going to other big events and they’re things I’ll never ever forget.  

If you can afford it and don’t mind paying it then it’s fully worth it for the memory, enjoy every minute mate.

Dunno about "affording it", the credit card takes most of the punishment.

Thing is though, I'll pay for stuff as a one off. Like I say, unless England ever get to host again I'll probably not get many more chances to go to tournaments abroad now I have a young family. Went to loads of stuff when the Olympics were in London as I knew I'd never get another chance to go. Paid £200 a for ticket to see Usain Bolt win gold in the stadium which was incredible to see.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Dunno about "affording it", the credit card takes most of the punishment.

Thing is though, I'll pay for stuff as a one off. Like I say, unless England ever get to host again I'll probably not get many more chances to go to tournaments abroad now I have a young family. Went to loads of stuff when the Olympics were in London as I knew I'd never get another chance to go. Paid £200 a for ticket to see Usain Bolt win gold in the stadium which was incredible to see.

I reckon we will get the World Cup in 2030, but that's 9 years away and by that point I will be 48/49 so who knows where I will be with disposable money.

I had a ticket for the semi final and lost it in the capacity ballot and was going to buy another until England drew Germany in the 2nd round and I managed to bag tickets for that.

Sadly we all have our upper limits with what we can afford and I was at my limit with cat 3 prices starting at £170 for the semi.  Going to the final so happy with that.

Anyone know any good places to go before the match to soak up the atmos? It's a bit of a barren wasteland around there isn't it?

Last time I went up there for Underworld with the wife, we ended up in a Turkish restaurant (it was quite nice, to be fair).

Just now, Homer said:

Anyone know any good places to go before the match to soak up the atmos? It's a bit of a barren wasteland around there isn't it?

Last time I went up there for Underworld with the wife, we ended up in a Turkish restaurant (it was quite nice, to be fair).

Wembley Way was where it was most jovial before the Germany game last week.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Go to the Sainsburys, get a few drinks and enjoy Wembley Way

14 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I reckon we will get the World Cup in 2030, but that's 9 years away and by that point I will be 48/49 so who knows where I will be with disposable money.

With the goofy 5 nations bid (as seems to be the current plan)? There's so many moving parts if the negotiations becoming 6 way affairs (the 5 national associations/governments and UEFA) that it'll inevitably go wrong, plus there's all the creative solutions that'll need to be found for things like host nation qualification - unlike CONCACF with the US/Mexico/Canada bid, I can't see UEFA members being that keen to give up 5 of their 16 spots so a solution/compromise of some sort would be needed which would inevitably mark one or more nation as a lesser/unimportant partner in the endeavour..

It almost feels like a bid that's outright designed to fail, with a nice idea of a "stronger together" bid inevitably being weaker in the end when one (or more) country falls short on some aspect. Arguably that did already happen in the Euro 2008 bidding when Scotland probably could have won it by themselves but instead tried to bring in Ireland, who screwed up their part good and proper by offering up a stadium that wasn't fit for purpose, a stadium that at the time wasn't allowed to host football, and a field on the outskirts of town.

Just be aware that the shops might not be selling booze, many of them weren't before or after Germany.

Might be safe to get your cans before you get on the tube.

The Co-op on Wembley way were selling alcohol before the Germany game, plus the convenience store that is at ground level of the Novohotel also on Wembley way.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just be aware that the shops might not be selling booze, many of them weren't before or after Germany.

Might be safe to get your cans before you get on the tube.

Sainsburys is where I got mine so they defo were

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Interesting... when I looked in a few places post match (the Sainsburys, the Amazon place, the Co-Op) they definitely weren't selling booze. We also tried to get into the Ibis bar but it was people staying only.

Oh Sainsburys we’re down to the last unwanted bits when I got there, although the Thatchers lemonade cider was quite nice