Download 2023

Got tickets a while ago as it was 4 day festival but really disappointed in the bands announced so far and Metallica for 2 days when they could have booked another big band SOAD just lazy. Even with probably another 60 bands left to announce I'm already thinking of selling my tickets and my 20 year old son was also really annoyed with the lineup he wrote his list of bands he would love to see and it was a big list, only 2 are going to download. They could have done so much better. 

11 minutes ago, Metalredhead said:

Got tickets a while ago as it was 4 day festival but really disappointed in the bands announced so far and Metallica for 2 days when they could have booked another big band SOAD just lazy. Even with probably another 60 bands left to announce I'm already thinking of selling my tickets and my 20 year old son was also really annoyed with the lineup he wrote his list of bands he would love to see and it was a big list, only 2 are going to download. They could have done so much better. 

We’re only getting the fourth day because Metallica wanted to play two days. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Metalredhead said:

SOAD aren't touring Europe next year. 

1 hour ago, Metalredhead said:

There's me thinking the organisers had a back bone and some imagination, if only. 

The organisers want to make money, and Metallica will make more profit for them than any other band aside from AC/DC - who aren't touring. If Metallica say they'll do two nights? You give them two nights.

Serj literally said he doesn't want to tour. That Vegas show will be the biggest phone-in in their history. Why people want SOAD in that state I will never understand. 

6 hours ago, mr_vicarious said:

I'm considering selling my ticket too. 4 nights of bands and being the anniversary made me buy a ticket before the announcement. It's nearly all just the radio friendly pop leaning crap that gets played on Kerrang. Waiting for Avril Lavigne to be announced next!

Ah yes Kerrang. That radio station known for playing pop music and the UK Top 40 every Sunday!

Edited by FeverDream
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, mr_vicarious said:

I'm considering selling my ticket too. 4 nights of bands and being the anniversary made me buy a ticket before the announcement. It's nearly all just the radio friendly pop leaning crap that gets played on Kerrang. Waiting for Avril Lavigne to be announced next!

Pointless trolling. 

8 hours ago, mr_vicarious said:

Totally agree with you just think I will keep going to individual gigs at least I will see bands I like

9 hours ago, mr_vicarious said:

She’d go down an absolute storm. That is a good thing.

25 minutes ago, lexiins said:

have just seen Pantera have announced a European tour, with space on the days of Download.

You consider we could have them at Download?

The leakers on the forums said they were originally booked but dropped out. Though maybe this info has changed I haven't been on there for awhile. 

1 hour ago, lexiins said:

have just seen Pantera have announced a European tour, with space on the days of Download.

You consider we could have them at Download?

Very odd as they’ve announced some dates but missed out others that they’ve already been announced for. Looking at those dates they could potentially be in the mix for the Thursday or Friday before heading to Sweden on the Saturday 

21 minutes ago, Metalredhead said:

Ozzy is on tour at the same as download could be the first chance for the younger generation to see him and also the last chance. Another download missed chance. 

That tour is the whole reason he would never have been booked in the first place and it'll be a miracle if it goes ahead.

So so far, you want a band who's singer has no interest in touring and a singer who can barely stand up. Anyone else on the "missed opportunity" list? 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Metalredhead said:

Ozzy is on tour at the same as download could be the first chance for the younger generation to see him and also the last chance. Another download missed chance. 

Given how well the current line up has gone down with younger audiences I doubt they care.

Edited by justanothername
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if there'll be day tickets available for the Thursday at all?
I'm hoping to get a day ticket for 1 of the Metallica days, I'm kinda thinking Thursday might be easier to get but maybe have more oldies in the set?

I think this years lineup looks mega 🤩I can't manage the full weekend this year but would if I could!