news & politics:discussion

zahidf

I dunno how Frey has lived in Scotland and never met a Scot who works away down south on big paying intensive construction jobs.

Cos I've met sh*t loads of them.gordies too 

On 1/31/2022 at 3:48 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've tried to avoid taking this too personally but my mum died in hospital last summer and I wasn't allowed to visit because of Covid rules and honestly I'm f**king fuming. 

i'm sorry for you and i share your pain, as i had similar happen over last xmas.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Suffered from drink and drugs through his life.  You would imagine its related.

If it is due to poor health because of a lifetime of substance abuse there a lot worse ways to go than relaxing in a hot tub. I was actually surprised by how young he was. Friends seemed to be first shown a lifetime ago. 

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So you think Isreal are to blame for hamas cutting babies out of women's bellies.  Cool input bro

🤷‍♂️

On 10/24/2023 at 9:29 AM, Justiceforcedave said:

So much of this thread is "Oh, so you think X do you? Then you must support [Insert provocative thing]". not just from
Barry, but from lots of people. If healthy debate is the aim, this isn't it. If convincing the other to consider their position is the aim, this isn't it.

It's telling your comment is always aimed at me and not the defenders of hamas 

It was genuinely a coincidence that I logged on and your comment was the last one. It has nothing to do with anyone’s politics. 

These are clearly complex, sensitive and emotive issues. If posters are looking for intelligent debate, a bit of self awareness about the language we use would go a long way.

5 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

It was genuinely a coincidence that I logged on and your comment was the last one. It has nothing to do with anyone’s politics. 

These are clearly complex, sensitive and emotive issues. If posters are looking for intelligent debate, a bit of self awareness about the language we use would go a long way.

yeah, it is very complex. But to where we are now, obviously what Hamas did was going to trigger a response, it is why they did it...but now it is the Gazans that are facing horror. They are in a highly populated small strip of land that is getting bombed to f**k and they don't know what else lies ahead, supplies of water, food, electricity have been cut off except whatever aid is getting through, many are displaced and living wherever they can, and they can't even escape.  Yes Hamas are being punished, but so are innocent Gazans, families, kids...who's life is worth more? If it comes down to they started it, or its their fault, this will never get resolved because there is a lot of blame to throw around.  There is also an increasing risk that this whole things escalates, in West Bank and/or with Hezbollah, and then with Iran...and then who knows where that will go. Israel has nukes and that have some nut jobs in government and this may become existential for them. Maybe a ceasefire would help Hamas, but it would also help those terrified Gazans, and may help prevent a wider conflict and thousands more lives lost...but at the moment a humanitarian pause doesn't even look like it is happening so maybe calling for one is a waste of time. 

...and as for Labour looks like they are going to allow MPs/ministers to say there needs to be a ceasefire, but their official line will be in line with US/EU/UK in calling for humanitarian pause to allow aid in...which I understand, I mean in the grand scheme of things who gives a sh*t what Labour are saying right now, but many supporters are upset and angry about that lbc interview and the delay to clarify what party line is.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

...and as for Labour looks like they are going to allow MPs/ministers to say there needs to be a ceasefire, but their official line will be in line with US/EU/UK in calling for humanitarian pause to allow aid in...which I understand, I mean in the grand scheme of things who gives a sh*t what Labour are saying right now, but many supporters are upset and angry about that lbc interview and the delay to clarify what party line is.

So sitting on the fence again then.

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

So you think Isreal are to blame for hamas cutting babies out of women's bellies.  Cool input bro

I think your emotions got the better of you there. That's not what I said. Both sides have done/or doing horrific things and women and children are dying. Just because you obviously support one side, doesn't mean that there can't be c**ts on the other side as well.

But the language is on point for exactly what happened.  They cut babies from body of women.  They raped women.  They shot kids.  They shot babies.  Maybe the problem here is its easier to forget about just how horrific the events that took place where so people can stick to their usual dogmatic positions more easily.  What sort of chin scratching debate do you think can be had.  Its simple.  Release the hostages and then maybe something can be done. But it's not Isreals fault Hamas did what they did in the way that they did it.

Isreal do plenty wrong but we was at some sort of fragile peace until the horrific actions of Hamas.

I don’t think anyone has their head in the sand here.

I also don’t think you’ll find anyone here that agrees with/celebrates/supports any of these horrific things.

Use whatever language you want. But saying “So you agree with baby killing” every time someone posts something anti-Israel isn’t going to generate a positive response.

anyway, I’m not looking for a debate. Apologies if I appeared to be picking on you. That wasn’t my intention.