news & politics:discussion

zahidf

57 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

im still waiting for your apology for calling me racist ? or if it wasn't me the apology to whoever it was , Ive been absent from this thread because of it . its not something ill forget in a hurry when pretty much all of my posts including a donation link have been posted from a humanitarian perspective and both sides in the conflict . Its a very serious allegation to make against someone / persons 

I didn’t use those words at all, you can go back and read my posts to see what I was trying to say. I could try to explain myself again but frankly it won’t make any difference so I’ll just say I tried to word it not to single anyone out and more discuss the nature of the topic. I still think some of what I saw was out of order. But if I did upset you then I apologise. 

Edited by Ozanne

3 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Its a big L for those who sought to use the tug of war over responsibility for that tragedy to make a sh*tty, or as Ozanne likes to call it a ’bad faith’, attempt to paint those who expressed shock and dismay over the apparent bombing of a hospital as somehow being a sign of their prejudice. Even levelling the same accusations at the BBC and talking of ‘dark forces’. And for what? It did absolutely nothing to advance the discussion. Even if it was Hamas and not the Israeli govt, it is not a sign of antisemitism that people would assume that it was the Israeli govt at first glance given that the news had only been about bombs falling on Gaza all week.

These were posts unconcerned with the discussion about the bombing of a hospital, and unconcerned with the accuracy of the reporting. They were designed to provoke a reaction- as attached. Imagine using the that tragedy for a bit of sport on a forum. Sick.

So yeah, I’m calling it out and giving them a bit of sh*t back to them that they duly deserve.

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0845.jpeg

Absolutely all of this. Really disgusting from Ozanne trying to paint people as racists. And actually I don't think he actually believes that - just a way to try to get a response. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, cellar said:

Absolutely all of this. Really disgusting from Ozanne trying to paint people as racists. And actually I don't think he actually believes that - just a way to try to get a response. 

Ozanne is just the resident troll. Like an old Aunt getting pissed at Christmas. You learn to accept it.

Hold on. Looks like it was a Chinese ship that recently  sabocharged the Finland gas pipeline. Initial thoughts were that it was Russia.  Boat movements have been tracked and a chinese boat is the prime suspect. This could kick off into something big as it's an attack on NATO.

8 hours ago, Ozanne said:

If the Tories really feel this is the answer then they truly have no clue. 

What do they mean by ‘true blue’ values? The kind of divisive stuff the Reform lot are salivating over? Or would common sense -which they don’t appear to have - suggest moving more to the centre right?

On 10/19/2023 at 6:55 AM, mattiloy said:

Eugh. This is just unadulterated racism. Poor form.

Egypt don’t want the palestinians because if they leave then Israel will move settlers in to Gaza. Combined with the settlements in the west bank, this will mean any hope for a state for the palestinians is gone forever.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/10/12/egypt-says-israel-seeks-to-empty-gaza-rejects-corridors-for-civilians

On 10/19/2023 at 8:28 AM, mattiloy said:

Except it has been the strategic position of all neighbouring arab nations for ages. Yes it makes palestinian refugees pawns but evidently not losing what little land is left is a greater priority for them. Not that I agree with it, but thats what is going on. Nothing to do with squirrelarmy’s racist suggestion that its because Palestinians are extremist troublemakers by nature.

As for the settlers- the settlement movement is decentralised. Its not about what the israeli govt want, if the land is cleared of people, these hardline religious settler groups will move in. Then the govt will have to protect them if there is resistance so the settlement becomes de facto part of israel. Until the whole of gaza is subsumed. Just like in the west bank. 

2 instances here were mattiloy accuses squirrel of racism yet no one says anything. Strange that. 

54 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

What do they mean by ‘true blue’ values? The kind of divisive stuff the Reform lot are salivating over? Or would common sense -which they don’t appear to have - suggest moving more to the centre right?

I think that’s what they mean culture war issues and cutting taxes. I think they are potentially laying the groundwork for getting rid of Hunt. 

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

2 instances here were mattiloy accuses squirrel of racism yet no one says anything. Strange that. 

You should also really quote the comment mattiloy was responding to which is one of many victim blaming, anti-Palestine posts Squirrel has posted over the past couple of weeks. 

On 10/19/2023 at 6:06 AM, squirrelarmy said:

Egypt don’t want the Palestinians though because of what they did when they arrived in Jordan and Lebanon. 

They’ve got a habit of starting civil wars wherever they are due to their extremist religious beliefs. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, mattiloy said:

https://x.com/mehdirhasan/status/1715429352697934331?s=46

Well then.. 

IMG_0839.jpeg

Bit of egg on the face for our resident war crime understanders. @Ozanne @squirrelarmy

Maybe wait a bit longer for ’the facts’ next time eh?

IMG_0842.jpeg

IMG_0843.jpeg

I guess the question I would ask the usual questions. Who is Mehdi Hassan? Would he be open to evidence that supports the opposite view, or is he cherrypicking? Who are the forensic archi and Cobb Smith? How strong is their evidence? What is making it suggestive and not definitive?

5 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

You should also really quote the comment mattiloy was responding to which is one of many victim blaming, anti-Palestine posts Squirrel has posted over the past couple of weeks. 

I’m highlighting the fact that other people have actually used the word and then there was silence. I’m not commenting on the accuracy of it. 

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I guess the question I would ask the usual questions. Who is Mehdi Hassan? Would he be open to evidence that supports the opposite view, or is he cherrypicking? Who are the forensic archi and Cobb Smith? How strong is their evidence? What is making it suggestive and not definitive?

Evidence isn't clear either way, Al Jazeera and Ch4 News have already found holes in some of IDF's evidence. Really need an independent body to investigate, but that probably not likely any time soon. I did see French intelligence backed up IDF evidence, nothing from UK yet.