news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

baffled ... I wonder how many did it without posting to social media at some point 

That's what I wonder... I only know one person who's been who's a friend of my Mrs and its been plastered across his twitter/instagram/Facebook for days. I doubt he'd have bothered if it wasn't for the likes.

The comparison to queueing for glastonbury is a nonsense even if we weren't on a festival forum... you could just as easily say 'people fly for 14 hours to Thailand so why can't they queue for 14 hours to see the queens coffin'. Because one is fun and one is to tick/see some strange box.

Just now, SheffJeff said:

That's what I wonder... I only know one person who's been who's a friend of my Mrs and its been plastered across his twitter/instagram/Facebook for days. I doubt he'd have bothered if it wasn't for the likes.

The comparison to queueing for glastonbury is a nonsense even if we weren't on a festival forum... you could just as easily say 'people fly for 14 hours to Thailand so why can't they queue for 14 hours to see the queens coffin'. Because one is fun and one is to tick/see some strange box.

For some it might be that. For some there is the possibility that it is actually something more profound. We can all take the piss out of the sad fuckers queueing for hours to see an empty box with a crown on it, but they're still doing it, and it isn't all just for likes.

40 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

That’s how you see it because you like Glastonbury, some might not. That’s the point it doesn’t mean it’s anything negative or mean those people deserve the bile that’s been spewed by some here in recent days.

We don’t know the reasons people are doing it so a little empathy and kindness is surely the right way to go. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

London looks a bit mental. You wouldn't even know about any of it in Manchester, apart from the odd black and white pic of Liz.

Can confirm I've been out in London all weekend and completely avoided anything to do with the fucking queen.

Also I've never queued for Glastonbury either. Life is too short.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m looking forward to when the Royals aren’t being discussed all the time, they bring out such sheer emotion from either side and I don’t really know why.

You just don't like it cause A) you are a monarchist. B) it means people are giving you even less attention than usual about your weird Starmer fetish

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m looking forward to when the Royals aren’t being discussed all the time, they bring out such sheer emotion from either side and I don’t really know why

Edited by justanotheronethen
Cleared my comment, can't be ar$ed to join in
  • Like 1