Football 2020/2021

zahidf

Think the w*nkfest over Drogba is slightly OTT. He suited Chelsea’s style of play just as much as Chelsea’s desire to play a particular way suited him. 

I’ve little interest comparing strikers from different teams let alone different eras - it’s about as useful an exercise as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest. 

Especially as the answer is Marco Van Basten. 

2 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

For all the factor that Newcastle never won anything, when Shearer was there we were challenging for titles and regulars in Europe, and playing attacking football. I'm not sure his goal tally would have been that much higher at Man U, albeit his trophy cabinet would be.

Yes Newcastle were alot better than they are now its probably the equivalent of playing for say an Arsenal over the last 10 years so say 3 modern day clubs could be Southampton, Leicester with 1 title win and then Arsenal.

Aguero still needs 8 goals this season to pass Andy Cole whom as far as I remember didn't set the international stage alight. Man Utd at the time did make his stats look very good.

Apparently Mino Raiola and Alf Haaland are in Barcelona right now discussing a move for Erling Haaland with the returning president. Doesn't look like the huge debt would stop them pulling off a transfer but I'm sure they would have to offload some players though to balance the books. Knowing Raiola, he's probably just trying to drum up a bidding war.

14 minutes ago, jyoung said:

If Haaland goes to Spain, I'm saying Kane to City.

Never understand players like kane leaving there clubs, he would of gone down as one of the all time greats at spurs. Prime example are van Persie and Alan Smith. 

All for a chance of a league title, which may or may not happen. Although City is perhaps the only club to pretty much guarantee a league title.

Just now, thetime said:

Never understand players like kane leaving there clubs, he would of gone down as one of the all time greats at spurs. Prime example are van Persie and Alan Smith. 

All for a chance of a league title, which may or may not happen. Although City is perhaps the only club to pretty much guarantee a league title.

Yeah... Can't understand it. Why go to City and challenge for every trophy every year when he could retire a legend at Spurs without a single medal to show for it...........

26 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Yeah... Can't understand it. Why go to City and challenge for every trophy every year when he could retire a legend at Spurs without a single medal to show for it...........

Only time will what means more to kane. Certainly got more respect for a le tissier type of player, rather than a van persie. 

I'm still yet to convinced there will be many £60m+ moves this summer. City may sign a striker but I think most clubs like Barcelona will be looking for Wijnaldum type free transfers.

Kane may have to do another year at Spurs and Salah another year in a country with shit weather.

Edited by lost

23 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

You say this, but it’s also PL vs La Liga and potentially Pep vs Koeman 

Ronaldo signed for madrid when they had pelligrini as manager.

If madrid or barca want a player they sign, no matter who the manager is. Barcelona or City, tough decision that. 

47 minutes ago, lost said:

I'm still yet to convinced there will be many £60m+ moves this summer. City may sign a striker but I think most clubs like Barcelona will be looking for Wijnaldum type free transfers.

Kane may have to do another year at Spurs and Salah another year in a country with shit weather.

Haaland is a interesting one, do they hold onto a player and go for half the value next summer. Which is a precarious situation, with injury and form. I can not see the rich clubs being bothered about the fee, especially when there's a potential 10 uears out of him. 

Personally think he will end up in Madrid.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Realistically, a player of Van Persie’s ability was never likely to stay at Feyenoord