Football 2020/2021

zahidf

23 minutes ago, rock the clock said:

Tuchel's press conference about to start, will be interesting. First time someone will have to answer Qs directly. I don't think there's any way that he says anything negative as the PR machine wouldn't have it but it will surely dominate the questions. 

ok not that interesting then. although there was a point where the press officer declared 'no more questions' on the super league 

this shit is just so depressing. 

Went out for a run earlier and while I was out I was thinking about my "I hate City most" comment, and now I'm not sure. A run down of the clubs in order of c**tishness (in reverse order):

Spurs - Classic case of little boy hoping that if he hangs around with his older brother and his mates then he'll look cooler by association. Will get ditched at the first opportunity. c**ts.

Arsenal - Have been irrelevant on the pitch for years now and the revenues are starting to reflect that. Desperately hoping this goes through before anyone notices that they are only there because they used to be good and have a shiny stadium. c**ts.

United - Well at least they are consistent. They've been more interested in maximising revenues and secufring lucrative noodle partners than actual sporting success for years now. c**ts

Chelsea - Scumbag club, the bigger shock would have been if they weren't involved. 'Orrible c**ts

City - Sell out c**ts.

Liverpool - Actually, I hate these c**ts the most. Fucking hypocrites! For all the self-mythologising, romanticising, congratulatory "we are the people's club, Spirit of Shankley, YNWA" bollocks everyone at the club spews and the media endlessly propagates they would sell their grannies if it meant a few extra quid (buying the land around Anfield from out under people, Project Big Picture, supporting a racist, the lovable rogues nicking tickets out of other fans' hands at CL finals...). They claim to be different, be special, but are just as bad, if not worse than the rest of the c**ts and this is just further proof.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Went out for a run earlier and while I was out I was thinking about my "I hate City most" comment, and now I'm not sure. A run down of the clubs in order of c**tishness (in reverse order):

Spurs - Classic case of little boy hoping that if he hangs around with his older brother and his mates then he'll look cooler by association. Will get ditched at the first opportunity. c**ts.

Arsenal - Have been irrelevant on the pitch for years now and the revenues are starting to reflect that. Desperately hoping this goes through before anyone notices that they are only there because they used to be good and have a shiny stadium. c**ts.

United - Well at least they are consistent. They've been more interested in maximising revenues and secufring lucrative noodle partners than actual sporting success for years now. c**ts

Chelsea - Scumbag club, the bigger shock would have been if they weren't involved. 'Orrible c**ts

City - Sell out c**ts.

Liverpool - Actually, I hate these c**ts the most. Fucking hypocrites! For all the self-mythologising, romanticising, congratulatory "we are the people's club, Spirit of Shankley, YNWA" bollocks everyone at the club spews and the media endlessly propagates they would sell their grannies if it meant a few extra quid (buying the land around Anfield from out under people, Project Big Picture, supporting a racist, the lovable rogues nicking tickets out of other fans' hands at CL finals...). They claim to be different, be special, but are just as bad, if not worse than the rest of the c**ts and this is just further proof.

Yup Liverpool going along with this is the worse. Hypocrites 

40 minutes ago, rock the clock said:

Tuchel's press conference about to start, will be interesting. First time someone will have to answer Qs directly. I don't think there's any way that he says anything negative as the PR machine wouldn't have it but it will surely dominate the questions. 

Gutless boards and owner leaving the managers to face up to the questions. I don't expect any to speak out and understand why but would have huge respect for any who did. 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

You're probably right, but maybe a "oh by the way Tommy... there's something big coming in a month or two that people might not like" would have been nice.

That would assume any good grace on Chelsea's side and they are a club in short supply when it comes to things like this. 

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Rumour is that City and Chelsea had serious reservations but didn't want to be left behind. What a load of bollocks. Take a shit or get off the pot.

As I said in 5 years time their prize money will be cut 90% and a rule will be introduced that that is their entire transfer budget.

Most people are too young to remember Spain under Franco when Real were the club of the state and Barcelona were the separatist Basque club and so the whole league was fixed as much as possible as a piece of propaganda. Putting someone in charge from that culture doesn't really bode well for the Johnny-come-latelies 

Edited by lost

17 minutes ago, lost said:

As I said in 5 years time their prize money will be cut 90% and a rule will be introduced that that is their entire transfer budget.

Most people are too young to remember Spain under Franco when Real were the club of the state and Barcelona were the separatist Basque club and so the whole league was fixed as much as possible as a piece of propaganda. Putting someone in charge from that culture doesn't really bode well for the Johnny-come-latelies 

For this reason I'd put Barca at the top of my c**ts list. You expect this shit from Real, Juve, Man U. Barcelona are meant to be different. Its only 10ish years ago they had Amnesty on their shirt at their expense instead of a sponsor. The money grab has been nasty but felt inevitable, but it really disappoints. 

Although worth noting that Catalan and Basque are different seperatist movements with distinct cultures and history, albeit both persecuted under Franco. 

26 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Although worth noting that Catalan and Basque are different seperatist movements with distinct cultures and history, albeit both persecuted under Franco. 

yep not sure why I put Basque?!

I guess with Barcelona its the debt but I can't see anything but an even worse arms race running in this league.

Edited by lost

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

Do you reckon Sky would try and buy TV coverage, or just streaming services like Amazon for the UK?

There was some talk (which was rejected) that DAZN would have the rights to it. They launched in the UK back in December. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sky are haemorrhaging money and subscribers so will probably want to steer clear. 

If it does go ahead and Sky do not have rights, the benefits could be felt all throughout English football no? Pressure to continue with live games may mean that more and more EFL fixtures are broadcast if the Judas 6 are booted. Personally would much rather watch a League One promotion six pointer than two mid table PL sides. Obviously many subscribers to Sky may cancel bills, but it would certainly allow more scope to what games and league are broadcasted, and potentially, if Sky "get it right" as such could provide a large cash injection to the lower leagues.

26 minutes ago, lost said:

yep not sure why I put Basque?!

I guess with Barcelona its the debt but I can't see anything but an even worse arms race running in this league.

Presumably a brain fart. They happen. 

It's absolutely about the debt and money, and also probably an ego thing of not wanting to be left out of the "European Super League". 

I still fear this is a powerplay threat and they'll be given concessions to stay, but frankly i hope everyone just let's them fuck off and ignores them.

5 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Fuck Liverpool, I’ve been getting disillusioned with them the last few years but this is it for me. Getting fully behind my boyhood club Tranmere Rovers now, League Two football has been great this season. 

Gone off the boil a bit recently haven't they? Looks like they'll make the play offs though.