October ticket sale

Hugh Jass

On 6/30/2020 at 2:48 PM, gooner1990 said:

I missed out on tickets for 2019 and decided to work for Avalon events/shelter on the bar (I worked on Stonebridge) - defiantly consider thus I’d you’re desperate to go! 

How many shifts did you need to do ?  3, or more?

12 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

I do wonder what's going to happen with coach tickets if we don't have a vaccine by next festival- if the coaches still have to do social distancing by then, there won't be enough capacity to fit everyone on them will there?

If you can’t sit on a coach with other people, there’s no way the festival will be on

10 hours ago, duke88 said:

If you can’t sit on a coach with other people, there’s no way the festival will be on

I agree, but the difficulty is, can they honestly sell coach ticket packages while these social distancing measures are in place- isn't that dangerous for them from an insurance/ terms of sale point of view? 

12 hours ago, OG said:

As the exam dates have been pushed back for next year it seems that quite a few more tickets will be returned. Whether that is good or bad news for some on efests I don't know!

I’ve already offered my services as a volunteer invigilator in an examination tent.  Needs to be quiet and away in a corner so the acoustic would be ideal! Just ignore what’s on stage. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

I agree, but the difficulty is, can they honestly sell coach ticket packages while these social distancing measures are in place- isn't that dangerous for them from an insurance/ terms of sale point of view? 

Maybe they just sell the entry tickets in October then put all the coach packages on sale in April if they can?

On 7/2/2020 at 1:31 PM, sadimmock said:

That's a really good point that I didn't consider. I suspect that there aren't a lot of old coaches hanging around for big-day charters these days. 

There might be if the number of coach companies that have gone bust near me is replicated around the country

The companies currently owning those buses may go into administration and the vehicles may change hands but those vehicles will still exist next June. 

By next summer coach travel will have resumed to some level of normality and someone will be operating those vehicles. 

Whether the same charter rates can be applied is unknown but there will be contracts available for those who want them. 

• Upvote 2