8 hours ago, TKOCF said:

As much as I love those bands, I just can’t see Bring Me and Foos.

Given the poor reception Biffy got, I can’t ever see them bumping up a band like Bring Me, who are seen as a “pop sellout band” by most hardcore Download fans even though Amo is better than at least 80% of BMTH’s other output.

As for Foos, I just think if it was ever going to happen, it would have happened by now. There’s been so many chances for them to be booked but Download just don’t ever seem to be interested in them. 

I would happily take both of them over fucking SOAD and Maiden AGAIN.

I think it's more they aren't interested in Download. They'll do Reading every 6 years whatever and their own shows I think when not. Doing Glastonbury for me before Download was a big statement. You've got a shit load of fans there that may not buy a ticket to Reading for eg that see them as a benefit of having a ticket.

• Downvote 1
  • Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I made some comments on here a few weeks ago about how if Download 2021 is going to largely be 2020's lineup, 2022 is the year that they should really start to look towards the future and give lots of

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Who100 said:

What're the chances of Sabaton, Alestorm, Powerwolf, Amaranthe and Gloryhammer attending in 2021?

Gloryhammer at Bloodstock so zero for them. The others are probably more inclined for Bloodstock but Sabaton and Alestorm could pop up, who knows really.

12 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Defo back. Them and SOAD are two of the three.

Biffy or Bring Me as the final headliner.

If Iron Maiden don't do it, then it would be a poor descion to replace them with one of those bands. A metal band should be replaced by another metal band, or at least a hard rock band. Iron Maiden are a huge draw...does anyone really think Biffy or BMTH would appeal to as many? 

Edited by Spiral_Low
1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

If Iron Maiden don't do it, then it would be a poor descion to replace them with one of those bands. A metal band should be replaced by another metal band, or at least a hard rock band. Iron Maiden are a huge draw...does anyone really think Biffy or BMTH would appeal to as many? 

It’s not a like-for-like replacement. It’s not as if Maiden are dropping out and being replaced the very same year. They’ve said they will give priority to bands who can come back over for 2021 and not all bands can. Maiden won’t be the only band unable to return but they will be the biggest. People will attend Download next year regardless of who headlines. 

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

It’s not a like-for-like replacement. It’s not as if Maiden are dropping out and being replaced the very same year. They’ve said they will give priority to bands who can come back over for 2021 and not all bands can. Maiden won’t be the only band unable to return but they will be the biggest. People will attend Download next year regardless of who headlines. 

I'm still not 100% certain Maiden are out, sure they've put that statement out about festival dates but their tour starts a week after Download & still doesn't include any UK dates. It's not as if they'd release a statement saying 'we didn't rearrange any of our festival dates apart from 1 which we can't announce yet'. So until Download announces or specifically releases something to say Maiden won't be there I'm not ruling them out completely. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah im still half expecting Maiden to turn up tbh. But I still think if they don't and its Biffy or BMTH that will go down badly. 

Kind of feel that Download holding off is more about seeing how likely it is festivals will happen in June than about bands. Even if UK and Europe are somehow good, the US is being ravaged by the virus.....who knows when Americans will be allowed into Europe? (Relevant given the number of US bands who play of course)

Edited by Spiral_Low
23 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yeah im still half expecting Maiden to turn up tbh. But I still think if they don't and its Biffy or BMTH that will go down badly. 

I agree with this, but if Maiden are out I can see people complaining regardless of who replaces them. Even if they managed to book Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam, I can still see complaints of 'they're not metal', 'should have been Slipknot/Metallica/Rammstein to replace Maiden' etc.

The festival can only book whats available to them at the end of the day.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I agree with this, but if Maiden are out I can see people complaining regardless of who replaces them. Even if they managed to book Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam, I can still see complaints of 'they're not metal', 'should have been Slipknot/Metallica/Rammstein to replace Maiden' etc.

The festival can only book whats available to them at the end of the day.

True that. 

lineup prediction after Hellfest and Nova Rock announcements

Friday

Main: KISS / Bullet For My Valentine  / Volbeat  / The Darkness / Airbourne / Theory / WayWard Sons

Zippo Encore: The Offspring / Babymetal

Avalanche: Creeper

Dogtooth: Sepultura

Saturday

Main: BRING ME THE HORIZON / Deftones / Gojira / The Pretty Reckless / Suicidal Tendencies / Northlane / Suicide Silence / Loathe

Zippo Encore: Killswitch Engage / Puscifer

Avalanche: Funeral For A Friend

Dogtooth: Electric Wizard

Sunday

Main: SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Korn / Disturbed / Heaven Shall Burn / Of Mice & Men / Code Orange / Jinjer / Ego Kill Talent

Zippo Encore: Sabaton / Rival Sons

Avalanche: Poppy

Dogtooth: Exodus

Main BRING ME THE HORIZON / Deftones / Bullet For My Valentine / Rise Against / Code Orange / Of Mice & Men / Loathe

2nd : The Offspring 

Main : SYSTEM OF A DOWN / KoRn / Limp Bizkit / Bury Tomorrow / Heaven Shall Burn / Motionless In White / Northlane / I Prevail

2nd : Sabaton

Main : KISS / Deep Purple / Volbeat / Airbourne / The Darkness / Theory / Stone Broken / Kill The Lights 

2nd : Killswitch Engage

KISS / Deftones / Gojira / Black Veil Brides / Motionless In White 

The Offspring / The Distillers 

Bring Me The Horizon OR Biffy Clyro / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes/ Bullet For My Valentine/ Rise Against / The Pretty Reckless 

Killswitch Engage / While She Sleeps 

System Of A Down / KoRn / Volbeat / Dropkick Murphys  / Alestorm  

Steel Panther / The Darkness 

26 minutes ago, deckchair92 said:

KISS / Deftones / Gojira / Black Veil Brides / Motionless In White 

The Offspring / The Distillers 

Bring Me The Horizon OR Biffy Clyro / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes/ Bullet For My Valentine/ Rise Against / The Pretty Reckless 

Killswitch Engage / While She Sleeps 

System Of A Down / KoRn / Volbeat / Dropkick Murphys  / Alestorm  

Steel Panther / The Darkness 

I'd rather Rise Against did their own date but I can see more bands at the minute avoiding them. Get Lacuna Coil back on Friday. I don't think Dropkicks will be as high as 4th main stage personally.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd rather Rise Against did their own date but I can see more bands at the minute avoiding them. Get Lacuna Coil back on Friday. I don't think Dropkicks will be as high as 4th main stage personally.

Ah forgot about Lacuna, as for Dropkicks last time they played they subbed 2nd stage, and they played Ally Pally in February, I'd have thought they'd be good 4th down

4 minutes ago, deckchair92 said:

Ah forgot about Lacuna, as for Dropkicks last time they played they subbed 2nd stage, and they played Ally Pally in February, I'd have thought they'd be good 4th down

I wouldn't complain about it, I'd rather it be them than Babymetal as more for me then. A day of POD, Dropkicks, Volbeat, Disturbed and SOAD is fine by me. It's a shame Distubed may not be there given it was their 2nd year touring as it was.