Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

So do we think that Community may become a 3 day event? I would have thought that maybe 3 days of Festival Republic events is more likely with one of them being Community. That kind of set up would be a rival for APE if they had big headliners like a few years ago with QOTSA and LG.

So The Strokes at Finsbury Park might not be to bad of a guess if there is a 3 day event maybe along with KOL and Community? We know The strokes are active, so surely they will play at least 1 gig in the UK.

It's the having to finish early that I think would put off prospective acts/promoters. I think most would want to play in the dark. So based on the early finish, I was going to suggest Gerry Cinnamon for headliner at Community. I like the Kooks but it just seemed so flat, almost like a support band performing in the evening. A good singalong artist like Gerry is probably the ideal headliner now for an event that finishes early.

2 hours ago, Dales said:

So do we think that Community may become a 3 day event? I would have thought that maybe 3 days of Festival Republic events is more likely with one of them being Community. That kind of set up would be a rival for APE if they had big headliners like a few years ago with QOTSA and LG.

So The Strokes at Finsbury Park might not be to bad of a guess if there is a 3 day event maybe along with KOL and Community? We know The strokes are active, so surely they will play at least 1 gig in the UK.

It's the having to finish early that I think would put off prospective acts/promoters. I think most would want to play in the dark. So based on the early finish, I was going to suggest Gerry Cinnamon for headliner at Community. I like the Kooks but it just seemed so flat, almost like a support band performing in the evening. A good singalong artist like Gerry is probably the ideal headliner now for an event that finishes early.

Kooks really fit that slot I think they are a massive singalong in my books

51 minutes ago, gfa said:

Kooks really fit that slot I think they are a massive singalong in my books

18 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

I agree, the atmosphere was electric when the sun was setting, especially when they played No Pressure. Good times.  

That's me told 😊

Still think Gerry & Don Broco would have been a better final act on.

I do really like The Kooks but........................................

7 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

For what the price was I think that day was justifiable. 

From its first edition up to and including last year is has been one of the best value festivals around. They manage to put together a strong support with a very credible headliner.

Top marks to who ever is in charge of the bookings.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Courteeners are less big in London, so if they’re going to do an outdoor gig in the south then headlining this would make sense. The wombats actually last played in 2017, so I wouldn’t rule them out. They’d probably sub this but could even headline, I’m not sure they’re any smaller than the kooks who headlined last year. 

fair points there dude, I feel that the vaccines could probably come back again- they're not up and coming anymore but would still be nice to see them.. however I don't know yet haha- okay yeah, the wombats could as I messed my years up- so far i'm pretty sure they're only playing at NBHD Weekender & possibly trnsmt as others haven't released lineups yet. 

5 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

where do we think

Doubt its Ciommunity they are to big. It could be their own show at Finsbury Park or somewhere else. However, it couldbe APE or BST.

I'm very excited about this as i like alot of Dirty Hit groups and they could be on a 1975 under card.

2 minutes ago, Dales said:

Doubt its Ciommunity they are to big. It could be their own show at Finsbury Park or somewhere else. However, it couldbe APE or BST.

I'm very excited about this as i like alot of Dirty Hit groups and they could be on a 1975 under card.

Could this be that 11th july finsbury show mentioned further up this thread 

18 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

where do we think

Definitely would fit in at community, but reckon they’re way too big for it (can’t remember the capacity?) 

They’d make a good APE headliner for an indie/pop day. 

Edit: think APE might be ruled out, they’re touring America at the end of May...

Edited by pinkduck

Just now, atomised said:

Could this be that 11th july finsbury show mentioned further up this thread 

It could be but that ending early must be such a turn off for bands.  I'm sort of hoping its not as I am at Mad Cool then. I have a really horrid feeling that when ever it is its going to clash and be when I am away or at some other concert.

16 minutes ago, Dales said:

It could be but that ending early must be such a turn off for bands.  I'm sort of hoping its not as I am at Mad Cool then. I have a really horrid feeling that when ever it is its going to clash and be when I am away or at some other concert.

Wireless finished at 10:30 last year on Fri & Sat 

11th July is Saturday so could be..

4 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Are you being sarcastic? 

No, sorry if it  sounded like that. What I meant is, if you were The 1975 and you were to put on a concert you are more likely to pick a venue that finished at 11pm-11-30pm

Finsbury Park was suppossed to have a curfew of 9.30 so I thought that would be a huge negative against it but if some events went on to 10.30 last year and they could use lights etc then it would still be a credible venue choice.

32 minutes ago, Dales said:

No, sorry if it  sounded like that. What I meant is, if you were The 1975 and you were to put on a concert you are more likely to pick a venue that finished at 11pm-11-30pm

Finsbury Park was suppossed to have a curfew of 9.30 so I thought that would be a huge negative against it but if some events went on to 10.30 last year and they could use lights etc then it would still be a credible venue choice.

I’m so sorry😅 I really read that wrong sorry mate!