Anyone else cry?

Chrisp1986

I got the Booking Complete screen at around 9.25am and I literally cried and sobbed. Going to the festival means so much to me after missing quite a few recently due to choice (wedding and baby) and failing on sale. Only year I have been in last 5 is 2017. I honestly cannot wait for this festival to the point that I am using it as an aim to shift the extra few stone I have put on and will be more active on here than ever before. Before anyone says I am 'new', I have actually been a member since around 2005. I had to change accounts though as an ill advised comment regarding Rolf Harris gave me huge abuse and negative comments. Roll on June!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I got the Booking Complete screen at around 9.25am and I literally cried and sobbed. Going to the festival means so much to me after missing quite a few recently due to choice (wedding and baby) and failing on sale. Only year I have been in last 5 is 2017. I honestly cannot wait for this festival to the point that I am using it as an aim to shift the extra few stone I have put on and will be more active on here than ever before. Before anyone says I am 'new', I have actually been a member since around 2005. I had to change accounts though as an ill advised comment regarding Rolf Harris gave me huge abuse and negative comments. Roll on June!

Congratulations and I so want to know what the comment was 

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Gutted mate, you going for resale?

Thanks! I don't know yet, going to wait and see how I feel. This is my second time failing in the main sale and I've done both: waited obsessively for the resale for 2014, thinking of nothing else all winter, and deciding early to do something else for 2016. I think the latter might be better for my mental health! And I'm feeling quite philosophical at the moment. I broke my run in 2016 and the world didn't end. Was hoping for a longer run again but them's the breaks. Once the post-match aftermath has evaporated a bit here I'll probably lay low for the next few months as far as the forum is concerned.

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

what did you say chief

Also this. Although why you brought it up again with your new username is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Im going to avoid manning up .... I shed a tear or two ... blokes do cry and there's nowt wrong with being emotional 

Didn't you get through on Thursday in the coach sale for others? Duno how you didn't jump on a ticker for yourself as well,  easy hindsight now!

3 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Well if you will plan your wedding over Glasto...

(runs for cover ?)

3 minutes ago, august1 said:

Didn't you get through on Thursday in the coach sale for others? Duno how you didn't jump on a ticker for yourself as well,  easy hindsight now!

I was confident at the time ... yes it was for two friends who have almost given up tickets today because we didn't get them ... more tickets might not have got me tickets though ... might have been a full bus .... fate will take its course 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I was confident at the time ... yes it was for two friends who have almost given up tickets today because we didn't get them ... more tickets might not have got me tickets though ... might have been a full bus .... fate will take its course 

I did this in the first year there was a coach sale (I think). Got through nice and easy on Thursday for a mate coming from elsewhere and was persuaded by mates to just wait for Sunday as usual and get our usual lift to Bath & West showground from Weston. Then missed out in the main sale. It's a shit feeling, would never not try for the coach now.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I did this in the first year there was a coach sale (I think). Got through nice and easy on Thursday for a mate coming from elsewhere and was persuaded by mates to just wait for Sunday as usual and get our usual lift to Bath & West showground from Weston. Then missed out in the main sale. It's a shit feeling, would never not try for the coach now.

I'm glad I took your advice /warning and tried in the coach sale on Wednesday - I failed, but I also failed today, and if I hadn't tried in the coach sale I would have been beating myself up about it today! 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Im not decided but need to look at logistics .... I take lots of stuff and a bike and bike trailer to ease my back issues when getting stuff in ... not ruling it out though ....

3 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I'm very happy for you! I remember reading how much you needed this ticket success, so it's great to hear you got them- well done, I hope you have a very enjoyable festival! 

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks! I don't know yet, going to wait and see how I feel. This is my second time failing in the main sale and I've done both: waited obsessively for the resale for 2014, thinking of nothing else all winter, and deciding early to do something else for 2016. I think the latter might be better for my mental health! And I'm feeling quite philosophical at the moment. I broke my run in 2016 and the world didn't end. Was hoping for a longer run again but them's the breaks. Once the post-match aftermath has evaporated a bit here I'll probably lay low for the next few months as far as the forum is concerned.

Sounds sensible. Figure out options and let yourself come down from the expectation. Sanity way more important than a ticket

11 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm glad I took your advice /warning and tried in the coach sale on Wednesday - I failed, but I also failed today, and if I hadn't tried in the coach sale I would have been beating myself up about it today! 

Yeah completely this. I like to feel like I've given it my very best shot - and I do!

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Sounds sensible. Figure out options and let yourself come down from the expectation. Sanity way more important than a ticket

Missing a year did actually make me realise that there are other things in life, much as I bloody love the place. I had a great time at Blue Dot and Green Man in the last few years. There are other good festivals out there. I'm not saying I won't try the resale and we all know I probably will, but I don't want to put all my eggs in that basket. I think it will be absolute carnage.