Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

8 minutes ago, pauladam said:

I'll guess its gonna be 4's still - but dont think anything has been indicated?

not as yet ...I guess it will depend on the numbers going back in the pot  ... with state of economy and furlough scheme coming to an end before october ... so they might decide on this late .... but the job is to sell the tickets so I think personally it will be 6 

On 6/25/2020 at 9:58 AM, vintagelaureate said:

Yeah, I'll add them next week - I have a few to do. Then I will tag everyone on it to check if any details have changed and rejig the groups etc. 

Have just emailed my details over. Thanks for organising this 🤗

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Have just emailed my details over. Thanks for organising this 🤗

No worries, we had it all set up before the original resale date so there is a fair few names on it. 

I'll go through it all next week and see if everyone on it wants to be on it, form some new groups etc. 

7 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

No worries, we had it all set up before the original resale date so there is a fair few names on it. 

I'll go through it all next week and see if everyone on it wants to be on it, form some new groups etc. 

Yeah, I thought I'd swerved the resale with my Oxfam place so there'll probably be quite a few people in the same situation.

5 minutes ago, Luigi said:

Is there a resale in October confirmed? How "easy" is it to get tickets usually?

It's far from easy - if you've tried the main sale it is the same process but a lot less tickets (maybe a 1/10 of the amount if lucky) but still several hundred thousand people trying. 

The next resale, although no one can predict, is likely to be alot harder - it all depends on numbers returned and numbers trying. The general consensus is that it will be less tickets than usual and even more people trying. 

Sadly, there is no guarantee of success. I have only had to try in the resale for others before.

Edited by vintagelaureate

@crazyfool1 I'd take 18.3% all day, that would be approx 24,300 tickets back in the pot. 

Statistically based on conservative estimates that would give you around a 1 in 21 chance of getting a ticket. So groups chances increase!

That's all based on guessed number and estimates, plus we have no idea of the post Covid landscape.

I think that 18.3% is a little skewed due to the festivals tagged but I do think some tickets were held back because they announced a resale before she actual general sale. 

Essentially everything I've just written is irrelevant though. 😂

Edited by vintagelaureate

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

@crazyfool1 I'd take 18.3% all day, that would be approx 24,300 tickets back in the pot. 

Statistically based on conservative estimates that would give you around a 1 in 21 chance of getting a ticket.

That's all based on guessed number and estimates, plus we have no idea of the post Covid landscape.

I think that 18.3% is a little skewed due to the festivals tagged but I do think some tickets were held back because they announced a resale before she actual general sale. 

indeed its skewed but we also need to remember the ticket cost for G is the highest I presume ? 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

indeed its skewed but we also need to remember the ticket cost for G is the highest I presume ? 

But people have only put down deposits so far, they'd only get £50 back. I think a lot might hold on and make a decision when the balance is due. Sorry, #buzzkill 😟

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

But people have only put down deposits so far, they'd only get £50 back. I think a lot might hold on and make a decision when the balance is due. Sorry, #buzzkill 😟

yep absolutely ... dont be sorry ive had those thoughts too , depends what situations people are in .... people might know they won't be able to afford a festival outlay in 6 months if they dont have jobs .... and the furlough scheme will have ended for many 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep absolutely ... dont be sorry ive had those thoughts too , depends what situations people are in .... people might know they won't be able to afford a festival outlay in 6 months if they dont have jobs .... and the furlough scheme will have ended for many 

But also lots of people will have had money saved for Glastonbury already (as the balance was basically due), or will be saving money by not doing anything this summer. 

Just now, kemosabe said:

I just meant they won’t be putting them back! 

oh sorry bit slow ... depends on situations I guess ... but I like to go on the positive side as much as possible ticket wise ..... obviously whilst sparing a thought for those that might be affected and not want to ...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

oh sorry bit slow ... depends on situations I guess ... but I like to go on the positive side as much as possible ticket wise ..... obviously whilst sparing a thought for those that might be affected and not want to ...

Yeah let’s be positive! I have to admit regarding this situation, it’s getting me down far more that I think it’ll be super hard to get a ticket next year, then it is that this festival is cancelled. 

I was one of very few not to get a ticket this year in my group. I think this weekend would be far less depressing if I was in their shoes and wasn't facing two years without the festival. 

If I do manage to get one though, then I believe it’ll fill me with more joy then ever before. 

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Couple minor points on that - one is that if the refund now they get £50 back. If they wait until the balance is due, they'll lose half as an Admin fee. Also if they're on a coach package, they've paid the full cost of it up front which varies but can be over a hundred quid extra for the jocks and also has an admin fee if they wait.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Couple minor points on that - one is that if the refund now they get £50 back. If they wait until the balance is due, they'll lose half as an Admin fee. Also if they're on a coach package, they've paid the full cost of it up front which varies but can be over a hundred quid extra for the jocks and also has an admin fee if they wait.

Good points, those sound like the kind of straws I can clutch at. Resale club will succeed!

Evening all!! Haven’t been on in a while! But, happy to see Resale Club is alive a kicking (kind of!)

Follow @ResaleClub on Twitter, not sure if there has been a new spreadsheet set up for October’s sale? 

Just now, McCor said:

Evening all!! Haven’t been on in a while! But, happy to see Resale Club is alive a kicking (kind of!)

Follow @ResaleClub on Twitter, not sure if there has been a new spreadsheet set up for October’s sale? 

we've got one carried over thats not currently live but will be in a few weeks .....