Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

I expected low numbers in October, just because the tickets aren't automatically refunded like 'normal'. I know a couple having a baby, who have tickets - they currently can't go, the baby is due in February but they haven't given the tickets back nor will they till balance is due - just in case. 

I expect that's applicable to alot of people (the attitude not the baby making!) 😂

I agree. It will be nearly 2 years between when tickets were purchased in Oct 2019 to when glastonbury might happen. There is a lot that can happen in two years. Friend circles change, break ups, New relationships, new jobs, pregnancies. Even if your circumstances had changed I could see a lot of people holding on to tickets incase things change again. 

The more I think about it, the more I think that the potential of it not going ahead is what's going to make people hold on to their tickets even more. 2022 is a long way away. If I thought I might not be able to go in 2021 but there was the slightest chance of it being cancelled and rolled over I would hang on to my ticket to the bitter end.

52 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that the potential of it not going ahead is what's going to make people hold on to their tickets even more. 2022 is a long way away. If I thought I might not be able to go in 2021 but there was the slightest chance of it being cancelled and rolled over I would hang on to my ticket to the bitter end.

Maybe, but there's also a pre-set human state called "Do nowt unless you have to" They've paid their £50: that's spent. Now unless they're absolutely desperate to get the whole £50 back they will do nothing until April. For all those without tickets (this includes me/us), let's hope they continue to do nothing in April.

10 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Maybe, but there's also a pre-set human state called "Do nowt unless you have to" They've paid their £50: that's spent. Now unless they're absolutely desperate to get the whole £50 back they will do nothing until April. For all those without tickets (this includes me/us), let's hope they continue to do nothing in April.

Yep there's that too. Both are a factor.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:42 AM, brettredmayne said:

With one hand she gives and with the other she takes away... 😭 at least for those of us in the resale crew.

18 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I expected low numbers in October, just because the tickets aren't automatically refunded like 'normal'. I know a couple having a baby, who have tickets - they currently can't go, the baby is due in February but they haven't given the tickets back nor will they till balance is due - just in case. 

I expect that's applicable to alot of people (the attitude not the baby making!) 😂

Our daughter is due in a month. Obviously it's a long way from the festival, but it could affect us going - we don't know how parenthood will be for us. But if we had tickets, we would be hanging on for grim death. 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Absolutely this. Anyone hoping for lots of returns (which included me) was just being blindly optimistic. 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

At this stage I just want it to go ahead and have life get back to normal even if it means that I don't get to go. 

I bought a Reading Festival ticket last week. I'm very happy that I, now, have something to roll over. I don't feel so left out anymore, despite not having a Glasto ticket. 😀

13 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Not been on here recently, what is the resale clubs view on whether its Go for 2021?

To be honest I don't know. I'd like to think it would but the closer we get the less confident I am. The lack of an October resale has knocked my confidence I think, both in terms of it happening at all and whether or not I'll have a chance of a ticket. I hope it does go ahead, even if I don't get one, as it will mean things are a bit more back to normal and I can hopefully go to something else.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

13 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Not been on here recently, what is the resale clubs view on whether its Go for 2021?

It’s probably 50/50 but I reckon it’ll go ahead. We have 2 treatments now and testing should be much better by next summer. I think you’ll have to prove you’re covid free a day before the event though. 

• 2 weeks later...