worst ever festival sets

Crazyfool01

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:44 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Why does the Inn on the Green not simply eat the other quieter stages?

Do you mean The Village Green? The "Bar on the Green" is in Williams Field.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, stuie said:

I can't think of a bar that cheesy!

I'd guess The Park / Stonebridge and you just got unlucky with the DJ's?

See above. I was in that one, though I think the other bar on said green was giving us a run for the cheese from what others have said.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, Benja100 said:

Mr Zigster, if you’d like to meet for a chat at the festival and have a chat about any number of topics, we will be rerunning an upgraded version of the semi successful Crowd Memory program of 2019, with similar distinctive yellow T-shirt’s on please feel free to reach out, we’ll slap the Walkman on, smash out some tunes etc. 

I would welcome an approach from you

Are you a savant then? I'll look out for the T-Shirts (if I remember between now and then).

Just looked at that thread and found this:

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, Benja100 said:

Thanks, I have to confess I actually suffer from mood swings and can sometimes be overly negative, so I try to make up for it when I'm 'up' 95% of the time with acts for others & positivism hoping that I might balance things out this way & even out the karma so to speak :) 

:)

Come to the meet.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, H.M.V said:

I wasn't calling you an odd person, i was highlighting the fact you're lovely as we have met a couple of times at the ridge and furrow. ?

Not sure why you downvoted me but I believe you do that by mistake sometimes. One of your lovely quirks. ?

Sorry about that. Corrected and have replied to your PM.

My PC is quirky as well..

On 10/21/2019 at 11:50 PM, MrZigster said:

Black Eyed Peas at West Holts 2009.

Left Blur after a couple of tracks in as I had a ticket to see them at Hyde Park the next weekend and didn't want to spoil it. I also regretted not having seen BEP on the Pyramid earlier in their career. Thought they were a proper hot band then, (Elephunk was a cracking album). By '09 they'd become more of a dj/karaoke and dance act. Will.I.Am seemed to think he was in London, and also that people were more cut up about Jacko dying than they actually were. Blur put on The Gig Of The Decade of course.

Springsteen is the first time I can remember deliberately leaving a headliner. The reason? The first time I'd really got really pissed off at not being able to see a thing because of the amount of bloody flags.

As others have pointed out earlier, these werent necessarily bad sets. Possibly just a couple of "Well, I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would/Fuck me. I missed that for those", experiences.

I thought Blondie were cracking. Grew up loving them and never thought I'd get to see them. Proper bucket list tick off that one. They may well have been musically dire. I was possibly just lost in the moment.

I took my daughters, then 18 & 15, to their first Glastonbury in 2009.

My eldest and i also had tickets for Hyde Park the following week and so i relented and to appease youngest we decided to go to Black Eyed Peas.... The eldest sat on the benches beside WH with the longest face, while the youngest bounced off into the crowd singing "i got a feeling"..

Your description of the set is spot on... "Helllooo London..." ? I wont forget it though.

Good point. Never regret what you see only what you didnt.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, Benja100 said:

Mr Zigster, if you’d like to meet for a chat at the festival and have a chat about any number of topics, we will be rerunning an upgraded version of the semi successful Crowd Memory program of 2019, with similar distinctive yellow T-shirt’s on please feel free to reach out, we’ll slap the Walkman on, smash out some tunes etc. 

I would welcome an approach from you

Semi successful? Please can you write up a detailed report of the success and failings of your service?

also details of the new improved version much appreciated