CD Swap 2019

vintagelaureate

Hmmm seems to lose the magic not being physical.. I mean we could just share a Spotify playlist... I suppose it's sentimental... I only really play actual CDs in the car because it's a bit old and doesn't support Bluetooth audio (A2DP?) from my phone. But of course I would play these (and then rip them).

Edited by Boris

3 hours ago, Boris said:

Hmmm seems to lose the magic not being physical.. I mean we could just share a Spotify playlist... I suppose it's sentimental... I only really play actual CDs in the car because it's a bit old and doesn't support Bluetooth audio (A2DP?) from my phone. But of course I would play these (and then rip them).

Agreed.  I will be doing CDs and people can rip them if they want.  There is something about the mix working better on a physical media that makes it harder to jump around, particularly if it is mixed into one track.  I do like listening to from start to finish, no matter if there is a song on there that you just have to bear :).

3 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

Agreed.  I will be doing CDs and people can rip them if they want.  There is something about the mix working better on a physical media that makes it harder to jump around, particularly if it is mixed into one track.  I do like listening to from start to finish, no matter if there is a song on there that you just have to bear :).

Mmmm, was it you that did it as a one track? I do indeed like to put the CD onto my iPod, but then after the festival there are some tracks I like to keep and others I would delete (was about to say erase, old school....). With one long track that is not possible.

I've been making Glastonbury compilation CDs for our group since 2005, and it's a labour of love for me.  The set look amazing together, and I've still got all those sent to me from here over the years.  So yes, physical cd for me!

• Upvote 1

Not as many on the uptake this time round. Two groups of four and one of five. Hope that's okay... Just used a random name selector to draw them out.

Group 1

vintagelaureate, buddiepaul, greenelk, bennykill

Group 2

glastoels, avalon_fields, supernintendo chalmers, yehbutnobut

Group 3

mattymooz, watergirl, boris, hovis, found home in 2009 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Thank you to @vintagelaureate for organising, it's always fun to participate. Thanks to @Avalon_Fields @GlastoEls and @yehbutnobut for three very different CDs, I've now burned them to my library and created a "Now That's What I Call Glasto 2019" playlist 

Thanks all, can’t wait to really listen to them all on the long drive down next week, if any of you are coming along to the efestivals meet say hello!