Visiting Worthy Farm

GlastoAwe

We’re just off to Somerset for a weeks holiday and it’s just occurred to me that it would be great to see if we can go for a walk around the festival site if it’s posdinlr to do so. Does anyone have any information or tips on this, I can’t imagine what it will look like not set up for the festival and without huge AA signs telling you where to go and park etc!!! 

54 minutes ago, GlastoAwe said:

We’re just off to Somerset for a weeks holiday and it’s just occurred to me that it would be great to see if we can go for a walk around the festival site if it’s posdinlr to do so. Does anyone have any information or tips on this, I can’t imagine what it will look like not set up for the festival and without huge AA signs telling you where to go and park etc!!! 

Well it’s starting to look something like this as it’s only 81 days to go.... ?

A6009C05-F0FE-46E8-916A-781C98F4AB22.png

7 hours ago, GlastoAwe said:

Did a walk round last year in june. Respect the land, follow the country code, stick to the paths, don’t leave gates open and keep away from livestock. Reckon the pyramid area is now out of bounds as it’s being dressed. I understand there are no real public rights of way but as long as you behave responsibly no one will mind. We enjoyed also walking the lanes around the perimeter of the site up past Mary’s gate. 

We booked a Somerset holiday last July and did a trip to Worthy Farm with the dogs so that we got our fix last year. They seem quite laid back as we passed a few workers and there was no objections. I did e-mail the office but never got a reply. Obviously we kept the dogs on lead. The only thing I would say is there could be areas out of bounds either due to build activity or farm activity and you need to respect that. 

DSC_0433 (2).JPG

Edited by gigpusher
added photo
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

We booked a Somerset holiday last July and did a trip to Worthy Farm with the dogs so that we got our fix last year. They seem quite laid back as we passed a few workers and there was no objections. I did e-mail the office but never got a reply. Obviously we kept the dogs on lead. The only thing I would say is there could be areas out of bounds either due to build activity or farm activity and you need to respect that. 

DSC_0433 (2).JPG

Upvote for the dugs. Always ?

Just now, Jay89 said:

Upvote for the dugs. Always ?

Thanks. Everyone loves Nuala and Ferris well until they meet Ferris who is a tad over excitable and a little bit autistic. People seem to understand it in people but not necessarily dogs. He finds a lot of things overwhelming and his response is to bark but he's just a big softie (quite literally as they are soft coated wheaten terriers). He's my special boy. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A53F832A-4EF3-4499-B685-9553FB4FAEDC.thumb.jpeg.ae0d6f00e1c4d055122751e44fde7c40.jpegsunset over the longdrops at  hitchin hill. Took this last June, fallow year. The weather was fantastic, how we wished the festival was on! 

We went early July and it was red hot. I remember saying it would have been too hot. 

18 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

DSC_0433 (2).JPG

COMPLETE upvote for the Wheatens!!!! 

Aren't they just a nightmare and totally the best?!

:)

Ben

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Thanks. Everyone loves Nuala and Ferris well until they meet Ferris who is a tad over excitable and a little bit autistic. People seem to understand it in people but not necessarily dogs. He finds a lot of things overwhelming and his response is to bark but he's just a big softie (quite literally as they are soft coated wheaten terriers). He's my special boy. 

They’re absolutely beautiful! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

COMPLETE upvote for the Wheatens!!!! 

Aren't they just a nightmare and totally the best?!

:)

Ben

There aren't many dogs with more personality shall we say!! Mine are total opposites. Nuala is a diva, aloof queen and Ferris is an absolute softie and my shadow but a bit of a challenge!! I'm his emotional support human and yes we know it's meant to work the other way around!! ?

Edited by gigpusher

11 hours ago, gigpusher said:

There aren't many dogs with more personality shall we say!! Mine are total opposites. Nuala is a diva, aloof queen and Ferris is an absolute softie and my shadow but a bit of a challenge!! I'm his emotional support human and yes we know it's meant to work the other way around!! ?

My little girl, Orlagh, is still a puppy at nearly seven. Nuts. Actually very good for me after lots of training, but has no control when in the vicinity of the smallest amount of canine DNA! She LOVES dogs. Chihuahua to a Great Dane, all she wants a to do is play and chase and, erm, pin. A bit. She’s the softest thing in the world, but she is a wee bit ‘dominant’!! Couldn’t be without her...

?

Ben

• Upvote 1

Think I'm gonna mosey over to the farm next Sunday before there's too much activity around the place. I like to get over there just before the fence goes up, which won't be long now. I imagine the fence panels will soon be laid out flat around the perimeter soon and the traditional "we're working hard creating the festival" notice from Emily and Michael gets posted 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

My little girl, Orlagh, is still a puppy at nearly seven. Nuts. Actually very good for me after lots of training, but has no control when in the vicinity of the smallest amount of canine DNA! She LOVES dogs. Chihuahua to a Great Dane, all she wants a to do is play and chase and, erm, pin. A bit. She’s the softest thing in the world, but she is a wee bit ‘dominant’!! Couldn’t be without her...

?

Ben

Mine are 4.5 and 2. Nuala is the same as Orlagh now. She never used to be. She would only chase but when we brought Ferris home her world ended for about 6 weeks and then she decided she'd have to show him she was in charge. He now knows that he may be bigger, faster, stronger but she is most definitely in charge. 

5 hours ago, GlastoAwe said:

Thanks all, good to know they seem relatively laid back, and of course we intend to be respectful of country code etc.

Any tips of where may be best to park? I’m really excited to explore!!

The consensus when I checked seemed to be St Mary's Gate entrance. I'll be honest we weren't really sure if we were ok to park where we did but we passed a farm worked and they said nothing so it all seemed ok. 

I went last week. Went to Mary's gate (it has a massive sign on it) but turned around and parked by a small community hall and kids park. Walked past the park / bike track down to the farm through a wood. Walked past a big cow shed / bio-dome and came to the top of the pyramid field. This was literally the back garden of the farm house though so probably shouldn't have been there, nobody seemed to bothered though. Ground soft and muddy if you walk off the main paths. Hope this helps. 

We went today - thanks for all the tips. It was amazing to walk around the farm and work out where everything was and where we’ve camped before. 

We even saw ME who stopped to wave kindly to our kids, such a gent!

Our daughter was dragging her feet so didn’t get all the way out to the east of the site, but as we walked up towards St Mary’s gate up Brimley lane and looking east - just wondering what the red dome rooftops were?! I don’t remember seeing them so perhaps they’re part of neighbouring land but I feel like they were somewhere just above where Williams green etc would be? Should probably have taken some  pics of them to show what I’m talking about!