Not played before

Out of left field

Could have been booked ages ago with view to creating a bespoke headline show

Female

Massive 50th anniversary booking

Is a person rather than a band

Vintage act

Not being linked to a tour due to her hatred of touring

I also seem to remember her Hammersmith residency coming out of nowhere with no prior rumours, so implies her team are good at keeping a secret.

Edited by GrumpyRaver
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I know it’s unlikely, but Kate Bush would tick all the boxes of;

Not played before

Out of left field

Could have been booked ages ago with view to creating a bespoke headline show

Fenale

Massive 50th anniversary booking

Is a person rather than a band

Vintage act

Not being linked to a tour due to her hatred of touring

I also seem to remember her Hammersmith residency coming out of nowhere with no prior rumours, so implies her team are good at keeping a secret.

Fuckin ell i was literally about to suggest her.

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Macca ... ( off the rumours page I hasten to add before things get carried away ) 

Neil's rational for removing him seems to be that some roady said he was booked and that doesn't match what Emily was saying, yet Macca himself told Zoe Ball he was thinking about it so I think have him sitting as (R) makes sense. Don't give up hope.

18 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I do feel like the third headliner, if we're taking the other two are Kendrick Lamar and Taylor Swift, will be a British act/band (although after the week we've had, I'm really hoping the negotiations are with R.E.M.). 

Arctic Monkeys for me. 

Aye, yeh, I reckon if it's two American solo artists, the third needs to be British and a band....

I'm still not expecting to see Kendrick on the poster though. 

5 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

You alright hun?

Point I was trying to get at is Kate Bush, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, REM, Oasis all the acts which are no longer active, and because they haven’t been active for so long and reunions are constantly shut down it feels like they will all never happen.

But this week where we had two reunions in the space of two days... I guess anything can happen. All it needs is a change of heart for the act and any band can reunite!

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Point I was trying to get at is Kate Bush, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, REM, Oasis all the acts which are no longer active, and because they haven’t been active for so long and reunions are constantly shut down it feels like they will all never happen.

But this week where we had two reunions in the space of two days... I guess anything can happen. All it needs is a change of heart for the act and any band can reunite!

I realise the point you were trying to make - it was a joke.  Forgot everything needs to be spelled out on here...

The thing with Kate Bush is that she's never played a gig anywhere near the size of headlining Glastonbury before, and almost certainly never will. Realistically it's not gonna happen, but we can dream for the time being eh?

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The thing with Kate Bush is that she's never played a gig anywhere near the size of headlining Glastonbury before, and almost certainly never will. Realistically it's not gonna happen, but we can dream for the time being eh?

Also is she in good shape? Who has even seen her last?

I mean that in the nicest way I possibly can. Sent with love.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Not a solitary gig, no... but I’d argue that 22 sold out nights at the Apollo is comparable

1 minute ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Not a solitary gig, no... but I’d argue that 22 sold out nights at the Apollo is comparable

Well yeah but that's the point isn't it. She could have done a couple of massive shows at Wembley or something, but she clearly favours a more intimate setting and would rather the long haul.

(Just piecing together fragments of what Emily said).

What British band could require long negotiations that have been ongoing since the summer? What British band would Emily’s kids tell her to hurry up and finalise? 

I can’t think of any - which is leading me to think we have three American headliners or a reunion.

Any British bands due a reform which we haven’t thought about?

Just now, Matt42 said:

(Just piecing together fragments of what Emily said).

What British band could require long negotiations that have been ongoing since the summer? What British band would Emily’s kids tell her to hurry up and finalise? 

I can’t think of any - which is leading me to think we have three American headliners or a reunion.

Any British bands due a reform which we haven’t thought about?

You're working on the assumption that the neither of the other headliners are British, which we don't know yet. And that they have to be a band, which they don't. And, like you say, they might all be American.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

You're working on the assumption that the neither of the other headliners are British, which we don't know yet. And that they have to be a band, which they don't. And, like you say, they might all be American.

I’m working on that assumption because two headliners who’ve never played at the festival before are probably American. The list of British acts who have never played is rather slim- I don’t think Depeche Mode are about this year and The Stone Roses are now no more.

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Well yeah but that's the point isn't it. She could have done a couple of massive shows at Wembley or something, but she clearly favours a more intimate setting and would rather the long haul.

I think it was more of an artistic decision to suit the show she wanted to do. I don’t think she would necessarily have the same aversion to performing on the Pyramid - it is a space that she could work with and create something spectacular.