2021 Lineup

4 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Bit of a random one but do you  think there will be a signing tent this year as I'm not sure many artists will be happy to meet the crowd after covid? 

I don't see why there wouldn't be when all restrictions are gone and people have been vaccinated.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stanh said:

im personally thinking it could be megan thee stallion. shes already announced for parklife and longitude... wouldnt be surprised if shes at wireless too, would make sense to do r&l too, id imagine itll be a similar case for dababy and doja cat. and she is a pretty big name, and just won 3 grammys so could see her going down quite well - especially with the audience who are probably a bit bummed about capaldi pulling out. if not her, my money would be on foals or courteeners 

I had two thoughts initially- Tom Grennan and Megan Thee Stallion. Megan would be popular with the same crowd as Doja Cat and maybe a good chance to get more females higher up the bill. 

2258EFF5-79D8-4305-9512-32093B20F1F6.jpeg

2A91A456-D6C0-4366-B59C-13A856E046F6.jpeg

2 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I had two thoughts initially- Tom Grennan and Megan Thee Stallion. Megan would be popular with the same crowd as Doja Cat and maybe a good chance to get more females higher up the bill. 

2258EFF5-79D8-4305-9512-32093B20F1F6.jpeg

2A91A456-D6C0-4366-B59C-13A856E046F6.jpeg

As much as I'm a big fan of tom grennan don't think he will be that high up, im thinking you me at six are in with a shout 

Just now, Ives562 said:

As much as I'm a big fan of tom grennan don't think he will be that high up, im thinking you me at six are in with a shout 

Yeah, Evering Road is doing good- especially the singles but i get your point. I only really said Grennan would be in with a shot since he has liked this 

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

Yeah, Evering Road is doing good- especially the singles but i get your point. I only really said Grennan would be in with a shot since he has liked this 

Ohh ok could be something in it but I tweeted tom grennan the other day and he liked and re tweeted it, I think he likes all tweets he's mentioned in but I do think he will be at Reading 🙂

Just now, nathanh said:

How did his last project do? I didnt really see much come from it but I dont really keep up much with his career but i did give a listen to E3 AF

Not to sure to be honest mate but I did see he's doing a big show at crystal palace bowl so must still be fairly big 🙂

1 minute ago, Ives562 said:

Ohh ok could be something in it but I tweeted tom grennan the other day and he liked and re tweeted it, I think he likes all tweets he's mentioned in but I do think he will be at Reading 🙂

I think its a given he will be at R&L somewhere the question is where 

• Like 1

Ey up, long time lurker, first time poster.

Just reading back through a fair few comments saying that FR can hang off longer on the next announcement because R&L have already sold out but was just wondering if there's any stats knocking about on how many of the weekend tickets were bought via installment plan?

Second installment is due next Thursday so I'm just speculating here whether it'd make sense for there to be an announcement before then? To keep people paying for their tickets? Surely they don't want to un-sell-out if masses of folk decide the line-ups not worth it and also considering other festivals have announced, might try their luck elsewhere?

Just a thought.

39 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

From sources or just social media?

Probably from about three posts above. 

Dizzee Rascal would be a naff booking. He has no relevance whatsoever these days. Even if he was booked, he’s no way big enough to feature in a prominent position. 

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Probably from about three posts above. 

Dizzee Rascal would be a naff booking. He has no relevance whatsoever these days. Even if he was booked, he’s no way big enough to feature in a prominent position. 

It's not really that much different from giving the wombats or two door cinema club a 3rd down spot like they all have the hits and none of them are likely to ever headline the thing so it's a good booking in my eyes

Just now, Paulmcm1998 said:

It's not really that much different from giving the wombats or two door cinema club a 3rd down spot like they all have the hits and none of them are likely to ever headline the thing so it's a good booking in my eyes

Some of the wombats’ biggest songs came out in the last few years and two door have continued to put out a few relatively well performing songs, though granted not as big as their first album. Dizzie Rascal hasn’t been relevant since 2011, so I don’t think he can sub off a hype that died 10 years ago

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Some of the wombats’ biggest songs came out in the last few years and two door have continued to put out a few relatively well performing songs, though granted not as big as their first album. Dizzie Rascal hasn’t been relevant since 2011, so I don’t think he can sub off a hype that died 10 years ago

Thats my thought entirely. He hasnt appeared to hold any modern day relevance with the modern demographic considering he only put out new music in October 2020. 

2 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

He couldn't sub but I reckon he'd get a big crowd in an afternoon slot. He has so many classics  

Yeah agreed, my mates and I would all be there and I’m sure many other people would be too, just not relevant enough to replace capaldi on the bill for me