The Darkness

airwaves

16 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Motherfuckers dicussing The Darkness without even mentioning this goddamn banger. Give it up for Hazel Eyes:

Probably the only good tune on the second album. They started taking themselves waaay too seriously for a band whose appeal lay partly in their comicality.

I was watching a kids show with the mini-BSRs the other day and thinking, this is a pretty good approximation of glam/hard rock, sounds a bit like The Darkness ... no, wait, it is!!! 

Probably the thing they've done since Thing Called Love.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A poor man's Zodiac Mindwarp.

They (TD not ZM) were charging £30 a pop when I saw them in December '17.

Though tbf they later went on sale on Groupon for a tenner.

Just caught up with the entire thread and really not understanding the hate here for The Darkness. Though I do know lots of proper rock heads who refuse to tolerate them. They tend to be the same people that hate Queen. Just a little bit too camp for certain camps.

Really wish I hadn't watched that Steel Panther video. I hope TD never get that tacky.

I think Justin would need to do some major grovelling before they got a slot anywhere after his comments last time:

He claimed: “Eavis is a cock. We don’t deal with fucking arseholes. We were speaking to all the big events before Christmas and Glastonbury was on the list. But Eavis said he thought we wouldn’t be around for the festival in June. It’s his loss. Our decision not to play Glastonbury is nothing to do with cash.

“Michael Eavis is just annoyed that he missed the boat. He came back to us after he realised his mistake. But it was too late. We’d already agreed to do the Carling Festival for a lot less money. So he’s lost out. Glastonbury is all about sitting in a field and buying funny hats. When I go to a festival it’s because I want to see bands and like the line-up. I never went to Glastonbury until we played there. Don’t bother with Glastonbury unless you want to stand in a field and be healed.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-499-1362521