Download 2020

gabrielomachado

11 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Korn dates announced (teased). Definitely a London show and I can't quite see a date, but June 27th is being posted on social media by fans.

I am hopeful of the clue as it looks like it's suggesting Banquet Records in Kingston (Greater London) have something to do with it, they are really good at getting bands (off the top my head acts as big as Blink 182, Elbow, Fallout Boy, Giggs etc) to play instore or tiny clubs around the area. KoRn playing at The Fighting Cocks would be fucking insane!!!

2 minutes ago, jump said:

I am hopeful of the clue as it looks like it's suggesting Banquet Records in Kingston (Greater London) have something to do with it, they are really good at getting bands (off the top my head acts as big as Blink 182, Elbow, Fallout Boy, Giggs etc) to play instore or tiny clubs around the area. KoRn playing at The Fighting Cocks would be fucking insane!!!

I hadn't thought of something like that - my mind immediately went to The O2. I was thinking an arena date toward the end of spring would rule them out, but an intimate show would do nothing of the sort. That'd be absolutely nuts. 

1 minute ago, Spiral_Low said:

Wonder where they are getting that date from? It looks like it could be a small venue promote the album type tour. 

Unless they know something we don't, they might have just made it up.

6 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I hadn't thought of something like that - my mind immediately went to The O2. I was thinking an arena date toward the end of spring would rule them out, but an intimate show would do nothing of the sort. That'd be absolutely nuts. 

Unless they know something we don't, they might have just made it up.

Yeah I think they probs made it up. Funny enough there was loads of predictions of Slipknot tour being in June as well which obvs was completely wrong. I think Jump is onto something with what he's saying. I'm wondering then if these dates will actually be this year too, like real soon.

Edited by Spiral_Low

I'm certain it's something to do with Banquet Records (a really great record shop worth checking out btw!), if you go to the KoRn site and click clue on the London line they email you a google map of Kingston where the shop is based. Banquet have gotten bigger bands to play there before so it seems plausible.

I'm gonna pop in the weekend to ask them/see what I need to do to get a ticket. I'm gonna be so pissed off if they play The Fighting Cocks and I don't have a tix.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm certain it's something to do with Banquet Records (a really great record shop worth checking out btw!), if you go to the KoRn site and click clue on the London line they email you a google map of Kingston where the shop is based. Banquet have gotten bigger bands to play there before so it seems plausible.

I'm gonna pop in the weekend to ask them/see what I need to do to get a ticket. I'm gonna be so pissed off if they play The Fighting Cocks and I don't have a tix.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

It's for autographed vinyls and for the first person there a lifelong Korn shows ticket. 

Not tour dates.

On another note SOAD have just been announced for VOA Heavy Rock, Provinsirock and Ressurection Fest.

So that's a massive European festival tour, Download seemingly inevitable now. Headliners.

Resurrection announce more bands on 23rd so possible Download announcement around then?

3 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

It's for autographed vinyls and for the first person there a lifelong Korn shows ticket. 

Not tour dates.

On another note SOAD have just been announced for VOA Heavy Rock, Provinsirock and Ressurection Fest.

So that's a massive European festival tour, Download seemingly inevitable now. Headliners.

Resurrection announce more bands on 23rd so possible Download announcement around then?

Looks like SOAD will headline for sure.

23 hours ago, ViperPict said:

To the band. On a personal level.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:04 PM, stereomike2020 said:

That's fine and doesn't bother me at all. Let's see what happens next week ?

Whoever you are. Apologies for the distrustment.

To anyone not on DL's mailing list; early bid tickets go off sale at 1.59pm on Sunday. Blink 182 are on Radio 1 in the evening. Could be coincidence. 

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Download just said early bird prices finish Sun 22nd so defo thinking we're getting an announcement on 23rd.

Yeah makes sense. Ressurection Fest announced SOAD today and said more monday. Hellfest been very active on Fb today too. Feels like there is a band that Rock AM/IM dont have but these 3 do and they are all gonna announce same day.

45 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yeah makes sense. Ressurection Fest announced SOAD today and said more monday. Hellfest been very active on Fb today too. Feels like there is a band that Rock AM/IM dont have but these 3 do and they are all gonna announce same day.

More like 2 bands. 2 bands who have yet to announce any tour activity for next year..... ;) Two bands who justify it being the 40th anniversary of Monsters of Rock ;) Two bands who would make SOAD not seem a week booking as their third bow ;) 

Edited by madmaninabox

Pie in Sky time....

Ilan Rubin who is a tour drummer and keyboardist has just been on metalsucks podcast talking about the difficulty of touring with both New Regime and Angels and Airwaves and Nine Inch Nails. He wraps a tour with Angels and Airwaves and The New Regime in October in the US. Which frees him to go back to jamming live with NIN for the rest of any tour they might want to do. They've already done their own gigs so a European Festival tour could be on the cards?

Trent Reznor hates touts, so a festival environment - where generally they don't sell out could be seen by him as a place to give fans a show without the possibility of them being ripped off. 

41 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

More like 2 bands. 2 bands who have yet to announce any tour activity for next year..... ;) Two bands who justify it being the 40th anniversary of Monsters of Rock ;) Two bands who would make SOAD not seem a week booking as their third bow ;) 

Been praying for Rainbow for some time now! ? 

It's become the pattern for big bands now hasn't it? 2 year cycle. Stadiums/arenas first and then the festivals a year later for the extra pay days. I'm with Matt on SOAD, Metallica Kiss in that order. If it really is ACDC I suppose I can live with that too. Despite all the whinging 2010 was my favourite Download. Apart from TCV who were dire.