Download 2020

gabrielomachado

3 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Would Kiss swing back to Europe next summer? Covered a lot of June festivals this year. System of a Down, Metallica and Korn would be amazing.

I don't think KISS. I think Copping would have decided there are better options now. I still think Iron Maiden, though would be happy with those 3. 

6 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I don't think KISS. I think Copping would have decided there are better options now. I still think Iron Maiden, though would be happy with those 3. 

It depends on how shit up Copping's plans may have gone really. Bring Me's APE was a flop, Rammstein & Green Day are doing their own thing so his potential headliners have been strikeout out so he could just be saying to himself KISS an established multi-time Download headliner playing their last even UK show will do.

I reckon Biff are a real possibility even with it being so soon and their stock has fallen, mainly as it'd be easy to get them as an exclusive.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I posted this in the reading forum because I think they might be more likely - but I didn’t realise Blink were releasing an album today?

They could be a surprise headliner?

My gut feeling is that Blink won't headline Download, but Reading is definitely a possibility now that they have a new album out.

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

What's your thoughts with Iron Maiden. Surely Legacy of the Beast is fully wrapped up by now?

Well its 40 years since the 1st Monsters Of Rock. Iron Maiden headlining with Judas Priest subbing plus some other oldie bands would be a perfect way to celebrate it. I think Maiden would be up for that even if they weren't touring.

2 hours ago, jump said:

It depends on how shit up Copping's plans may have gone really. Bring Me's APE was a flop, Rammstein & Green Day are doing their own thing so his potential headliners have been strikeout out so he could just be saying to himself KISS an established multi-time Download headliner playing their last even UK show will do.

I reckon Biff are a real possibility even with it being so soon and their stock has fallen, mainly as it'd be easy to get them as an exclusive.

Honestly I think any KISS fan would have already seen them last time they headlined or on that UK tour last year and I can't see how they are gonna really sell more tickets as a headliner than the other options out there. 

This shouldn't be too much too ask right?

AC/DC / Judas Priest / Scorpions / Thin Lizzy / Status Quo /

Ghosts / Black Midi

Bowling for Soup

Metallica / Iron Maiden (co-headline for 40 years of MOR) / Five Finger Death Punch / Megadeth

Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Streetlight Manifesto

Nine Inch Nails / A Perfect Circle / Korn / Alice in Chains / 

Gojira / Black Peaks

Idles

Edited by madmaninabox

4 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

This shouldn't be too much too ask right?

AC/DC / Judas Priest / Scorpions / Thin Lizzy / Status Quo /

Ghosts / Black Midi

Bowling for Soup

Metallica / Iron Maiden (co-headline for 40 years of MOR) / Five Finger Death Punch / Megadeth

Architects / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Streetlight Manifesto

Nine Inch Nails / A Perfect Circle / Korn / Alice in Chains / 

Gojira / Black Midi

Idles

Black Midi twice is a bit of a stretch. Rest looks fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

I’m guessing Kiss due to the fact that the last date of the KISS farewell Uk tour was not marketed as ‘last ever U.K. show’ which suggests that they’ll be back for one more date.

Dates yeah but that doesn't mean Download headliner. Slayer got way more attention for their last ever tour and they headlined the second stage, not main. Just feel Copping would know he'd sell more tickets with other headliners.

Edited by Spiral_Low

15 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Dates yeah but that doesn't mean Download headliner. Slayer got way more attention for their last ever tour and they headlined the second stage, not main. Just feel Copping would know he'd sell more tickets with other headliners.

Comparing Slayer and KISS feels a bit too apples and oranges, I mean KISS have headline Download twice already. I would have loved Slayer to headline tho.

13 minutes ago, jump said:

Comparing Slayer and KISS feels a bit too apples and oranges, I mean KISS have headline Download twice already. I would have loved Slayer to headline tho.

Slayer should have subbed Slipknot with Die Antwoord up against Tool.

Everyone I spoke to (who knew who Tool were. Some didn't really know much about them :( ) about this at this years festival was absolutely livid at that clash. Means I'll probably never see Slayer live unless they reform, but Tool were far more important to see personally, if they'd been before Slipknot they'd have got an even bigger crowd I'm sure.. 

Edited by madmaninabox

1 hour ago, madmaninabox said:

Everyone I spoke to (who knew who Tool were. Some didn't really know much about them :( ) about this at this years festival was absolutely livid at that clash. Means I'll probably never see Slayer live unless they reform, but Tool were far more important to see personally, if they'd been before Slipknot they'd have got an even bigger crowd I'm sure.. 

Yeah, Slayer would have a had a massive crowd of they were on main stage.

1 hour ago, madmaninabox said:

I would of just dropped Deaf Leppard completely and had Slayer headline instead.

1 hour ago, Rocknrollbazza said:

SOAD now all but guaranteed what a waste of a headline slot not great last time no new music since forever, stop wheeling out the same old same old *sigh*

I’ve been to MoR/ Download 6 times now and have never seen SOAD (they were amazing at OzFest in 2006 though). If they were to headline it would definitely be a positive reason for me (and many others I suspect) to buy a ticket.