Hot Chip

suzie sue

18 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

She really is a magic ingredient. When I saw them again they had the guy who played on a lot of the recordings that she was copying. All of the beats were in the right place and there was nothing different to the arrangement.  It's not like when Oasis or The Stone Roses changed drummer and it was a different drum part. Again, there was nothing wrong with the way he played, not at all... She just gave it that little extra in-the-pocket goodness.  Like a rhythmic MSG.

Haha, love that last line. I’m not in anyway technically knowledgeable enough to explain how she’s so good, she just is. That last line is perfect 

3 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Haha, love that last line. I’m not in anyway technically knowledgeable enough to explain how she’s so good, she just is. That last line is perfect 

Thanks! I know a fair bit about music theory and I'm at a loss. I think the technical term is "in the pocket".

Edit: just realised I already said that! Yep, no idea.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Damn, if I was there Friday night, I would 99.99% be seeing Hot Chip. Have missed them so many times at festivals because they ALWAYS seem to be at festivals and I always think, "Oh, I'll just catch them another time", and sack them off for someone who's a bit rarer or someone I've been dying to see for ages.

What gets me is the videos of them on YouTube I've caught, they always seem to be consistently pretty great live.

And let's be honest, Arctics/Wizkid/Kelis, offer very little competition! 

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Damn, if I was there Friday night, I would 99.99% be seeing Hot Chip. Have missed them so many times at festivals because they ALWAYS seem to be at festivals and I always think, "Oh, I'll just catch them another time", and sack them off for someone who's a bit rarer or someone I've been dying to see for ages.

What gets me is the videos of them on YouTube I've caught, they always seem to be consistently pretty great live.

And let's be honest, Arctics/Wizkid/Kelis, offer very little competition! 

The most consistent live band of the last 15 years IMO.

Always heaps of fun. 

West Holt 2015 was the stuff of legends. 

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Always heaps of fun. 

So jealous, looks awesome on YouTube/Vimeo.

Decent crowd size too, I think they're gonna pack Woodsies, and believe their show might even be better in a tent.

8 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Always heaps of fun. 

That is super high praise. I like them a lot but haven’t had the chance to see them live yet. They’ve jumped right up my bucket list  after this recommendation. 

Edited by Kaboom Boxer

12 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

So jealous, looks awesome on YouTube/Vimeo.

Decent crowd size too, I think they're gonna pack Woodsies, and believe their show might even be better in a tent.

There’ll get a decent crowd for sure, although I think AM are going to pull huge numbers.

Can’t imagine Wizkid will be busy at all, I actually wonder if that info is wrong and it’s Fred who is headlining. 

12 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

That is super high praise. I like them a lot but haven’t had the chance to see them live yet. They’ve jumped right up my bucket list  after this recommendation. 

I’ve seen them 8 or 9 times over the years and it’s never been less than an 8/10 experience.

You’re in for a treat. 

27 minutes ago, nikkic said:

There’ll get a decent crowd for sure, although I think AM are going to pull huge numbers.

Can’t imagine Wizkid will be busy at all, I actually wonder if that info is wrong and it’s Fred who is headlining. 

Was also mentioned in the newspaper report that he’s headlining it.  It’s not wrong 

(which suits me as I want to see Fred and AM)

Edited by sisco

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

It's all opinion, but I'm surprised AM have retained their popularity given their exchange from pumping bangers to lounge music, as well.

Wizkid, I don't know what to make of him. His monthly listeners on Spotify are way lower than Fred Again... but then his ticket prices at Spurs' stadium for general admission seem high. 100 quid for general admission, 70 to sit WAY at the back in the cheap seats. I know it's his only UK show, but still, it seems high. Some prices are as high as 250!

Anyway, Hot Chip is where I'd be grooving away if I (hopefully) had a choice.