Worthy of the cost?

glastolover19

Hey guys. Just wondering peoples thoughts on worthy view camping? Been previously looking at it and whilst can't remember figures,I know I was shocked by price? but giving it some serious thought for next year(ticket gods providing) just wanted to hear anyone who has stayed there before If it's worth it? Does it feel different ie the vibe? Always been happy to pitch down in the mud and tbh I'm very much swayed that way still but considering a few years break from festival in a couple of years and want to know if worth doing plus I'm quite lazy and like the idea of basically not having to lug a load of stuff so pre erected appeals to me but then on the other hand I begrudge paying silly money if it's not really worth it. Any thoughts or advice would be great.

Edited by glastolover19

as @Brave Sir Robin says, there's plenty of topics on it, most people that stay there are positive about it.

for me it's definitely worth it, especially coming from abroad so don't need to bring a tent. showers close-by, better toilets, clean, spacious, quiet, no queue to get in worth talking about, carpark 5 mins walk from the entrance.

it's definitely quieter and less "boisterous" than general camping, which may be a downside depending on your POV, and the hill can be a bit tough at the end of the night (although it has steps and hand-rails most of the way so can stop for a break if it's tough). walking to the top of Tipi Field/Park hill is harder IMO (compared from top of Tipi Field up to WV), so if you can do those, you shouldn't have any issues with getting up to WV. Because of the walk though, once you're out for the day, you'll probably stay out, so best of pack a bag with anything you might need for the night, and stick it in the lockups on your way in to the festival.

overall though, I would definitely recommend it, and will be doing it again myself, fingers crossed!

Edited by ghostdancer1

4 of us stayed in a bell tent last year. £150 each (£600).

pros - short distance from car park, decent nights sleep, tent all up and ready.

cons - the que for the showers were 90 mins sometimes, I only had 1 shower. Ques for the flushable loos are around 20mins. The hill is huge so you want to be taking everything you need for the day as you don’t want to do it more than once.

would I stay there again. Probably not. We enjoyed our stay but it was very expensive for what it is. 

We are trying to stay in the campervan bit this time as our friend has a 6 berth so loads cheaper.

we have friends hiring a campervan which is £350 between 6 of them plus the £120 pitch fee... loads better in my opinion and much cheaper.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CeriG said:

4 of us stayed in a bell tent last year. £150 each (£600).

pros - short distance from car park, decent nights sleep, tent all up and ready.

cons - the que for the showers were 90 mins sometimes, I only had 1 shower. Ques for the flushable loos are around 20mins. The hill is huge so you want to be taking everything you need for the day as you don’t want to do it more than once.

would I stay there again. Probably not. We enjoyed our stay but it was very expensive for what it is. 

We are trying to stay in the campervan bit this time as our friend has a 6 berth so loads cheaper.

we have friends hiring a campervan which is £350 between 6 of them plus the £120 pitch fee... loads better in my opinion and much cheaper.

Thank you that's given me food for thought. I'd like to try it however I'm very aware that I would be peed off spending so much money for it and not feeling I got my monies worth. I like the idea of just rocking up and having it laid on for me(as said previously I'm quite lazy) but couldn't handle the idea of waiting sooooo long for the facilities so probably wouldn't use them,for me personally I'm loathed to spend so much unless it's absolutely 100% brilliant. I think based on what has been said here and other posts I can't justify such an expense for 2 people so I'm probably heading back to darbles where I know will get a decent nights sleep and have few quid extra spends.? Anyone who's posted feel free to hit me up for a drink as thanks for help

1 minute ago, slash's hat said:

Why not try one of the companies that pre-erect on site like camplite(light)  (I think that's name) or tangerine fields. They are usually cheaper than worthy view.

I did look at camplight and seems like a decent deal(I know there's a thread regarding them moving?) However one of the big draws for me for wv was the facilities but if queuing times are as bad as have read then that might be the deal breaker for me. I'm still considering my options and don't get me wrong I love doing the camping but wanted to see if it lived up to the hype

3 minutes ago, glastolover19 said:

I did look at camplight and seems like a decent deal(I know there's a thread regarding them moving?) However one of the big draws for me for wv was the facilities but if queuing times are as bad as have read then that might be the deal breaker for me. I'm still considering my options and don't get me wrong I love doing the camping but wanted to see if it lived up to the hype

My first year (2015) I stayed in a pod pad at WV. Can't say ever queued that long for toilets, and the showers can be quiet, however that probably means get up stupidly early or wait it out if not in a rush to get down to festival. Unless not in good health then the hill is not that bad really, as someone said it's steps so easier to take a break if need, but agree wouldn't want to do it more than once a day. View is beautiful.

53 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

My first year (2015) I stayed in a pod pad at WV. Can't say ever queued that long for toilets, and the showers can be quiet, however that probably means get up stupidly early or wait it out if not in a rush to get down to festival. Unless not in good health then the hill is not that bad really, as someone said it's steps so easier to take a break if need, but agree wouldn't want to do it more than once a day. View is beautiful.

Tbh the hill wouldn't be too much of a problem I'm very much a bimbler when out and about and I'm not rushing anywhere plus usually when out I'm out,usually camp darbles and kinda same in sense of you don't wanna keep going back and forth. Would be looking at bell tent option as stayed in 1 elsewhere before and loved it so that coupled with it being at Glasto really appeals. It's just if facility queues are as long as other had said then that would put me off a bit and probably wouldn't use them because of it.  I'm going to mull it over still but tbh it's not an necessity but would like to try it at least once.

Ive considered it before but the off putting bit is that I like to return to my tent in the early eve for a quick refreshment stop and even sometimes a quick nap so have ruled it out at present ... I also sometimes put on some fancy dress so unless I carried this on to site with me this would be a limiting factor 

1 hour ago, slash's hat said:

Why not try one of the companies that pre-erect on site like camplite(light)  (I think that's name) or tangerine fields. They are usually cheaper than worthy view.

Tangerine fields is off site as well - and I think similar in cost to WV (if not slightly more expensive). It's outside pedestrian gate B and you need to do the pass out thing, unlike WV where you get the easy pass out wristband thingy. Not so much of a hill though, just the trek up Muddy Lane and then along the road a little bit once through the gate.

FWIW, tangerine fields has the same issue regarding shower queues, but the showers are individual cubicles. I only bothered once, the one year we stayed there. We're normally CV-ers, but for various reasons can't do that in 2019. Ticket gods willing, we'll probably give WV a go next year.

1 hour ago, SophieBee said:

Tangerine fields is off site as well - and I think similar in cost to WV (if not slightly more expensive). It's outside pedestrian gate B and you need to do the pass out thing, unlike WV where you get the easy pass out wristband thingy. Not so much of a hill though, just the trek up Muddy Lane and then along the road a little bit once through the gate.

FWIW, tangerine fields has the same issue regarding shower queues, but the showers are individual cubicles. I only bothered once, the one year we stayed there. We're normally CV-ers, but for various reasons can't do that in 2019. Ticket gods willing, we'll probably give WV a go next year.

Off site camping really wouldn't appeal to me I like being able to wonder if I want to, if find myself restless after (seemingly)retreating for the night I'll often just go for a little bimble towards to woods(p.s love what they have done with it now) Besides the hassle of getting in and out each time would probably wear thin. By all means I'm no clean freak but considering how hot it was last year(personally think it will be continuing trend from now on) I would like the luxury of a shower. I'd like to do it but then on other hand it's the price of a holiday and I'd fell ripped off if didn't feel I got monies worth.I will look at vw when comes up and tbh will probably be an impulse on the day thing.

Having done both WV and Tangerine Fields, they are similar in terms of distance and effort from the centre of the site. TF is actually okay I have had no major delays getting in or out through gate B. Showers have no queues other than 0930-1030, an early or late start should have no issues. Good for getting a kip but last year I had a neighbour who snored like a band saw.

The girls showers were the worse. The men just walked straight in.

after queuing for 90 mins I just didn’t bother again. But like others have said if you got up early they weren’t so bad, which will never happen for me after a night on the vodka :)

we definitely enjoyed our stay and if there wasn’t the campervan option we would maybe consider staying again. It had its pros and cons.