AlexTurnah

NOS Alive 2019

Music was great but found the crowd a bit lacking. Kept moving forward at the cure and even when I was at the front during the encore everyone looked bored.

was fairly near the front at hot chip and some bloke who wasn’t dancing told me off for knocking into him.

Got a packed train home and sat on an armrest and the girl sitting there swiped her elbow into me to stand up. Not exactly the Glastonbury/festival spirit.

Can’t work out whether the crowd was a bit staid or I was being a bellend. As with most things, the truth probably lies somewhere in between...

all the music I saw great: weezer, mohwai, the cure and hot chip (plus a bit of loyle carner). The club stage, though, seems to have been programmed by what someone’s nan thinks happens in a nightclub (no DJs whatsoever as far as I could see).

Edited by Homer

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Music was great but found the crowd a bit lacking. Kept moving forward at the cure and even when I was at the front during the encore everyone looked bored.

was fairly near the front at hot chip and some bloke who wasn’t dancing told me off for knocking into him.

Got a packed train home and sat on an armrest and the girl sitting there swiped her elbow into me to stand up. Not exactly the Glastonbury/festival spirit.

Can’t work out whether the crowd was a bit staid or I was being a bellend. As with most things, the truth probably lies somewhere in between...

all the music I saw great: weezer, mohwai, the cure and hot chip (plus a bit of loyle carner). The club stage, though, seems to have been programmed by what someone’s nan thinks happens in a nightclub (no DJs whatsoever as far as I could see).

Agree 100% - The Cure sounded fantastic (as they always do) but the crowd were as flat as a pancake... enjoyed them regardless but seemed a shame. Part of me wishes I’d gone to see Robyn instead.

(Surprising too as it felt like I’d seen LOADS of people wearing The Cure t-shirts at the festival so thought the crowd would be big into the singalongs..)

Anyways, Weezer, Jorja Smith and Loyle Carner were superb and drink queues move quickly so no complaints really :)

Have a good Friday all!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ezzy5050 said:

Agree 100% - The Cure sounded fantastic (as they always do) but the crowd were as flat as a pancake... enjoyed them regardless but seemed a shame. Part of me wishes I’d gone to see Robyn instead.

(Surprising too as it felt like I’d seen LOADS of people wearing The Cure t-shirts at the festival so thought the crowd would be big into the singalongs..)

Anyways, Weezer, Jorja Smith and Loyle Carner were superb and drink queues move quickly so no complaints really :)

Have a good Friday all!

I was going back and forth to the bar and there people in cure t shirts sitting on the floor at the back - I took this pic just after they ended 

80D22B95-107A-4842-A6ED-205BC8759971.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Homer said:

I was going back and forth to the bar and there people in cure t shirts sitting on the floor at the back - I took this pic just after they ended 

That pic could be from a Radiohead vid

27 minutes ago, Homer said:

Twats. These are the kind of people who will tell their friends who weren't there what a fantastic unmissable gig it was. Twats. 

Excellent day yesterday, from the completely painless entry at the start to the pristine sounding Cure at the end. Sharon Van Etten and Xavier Rudd were incredible. Weezer good, apart from the sound drops - I found the sound at Jorja Smith was imbalanced though. Really great energy at the Coreto stage - the bands give it everything. Popped by the Fado stage to see the Portuguese Daniel O'Donnell.....what can I say...I was very VERY drunk. Enjoy Friday🤗

Such a shame - was really enjoying hot chip but the guy who told me to stop dancing really killed it for me. I was this close to the front so I think dancing is kind of fair enough - I may have knocked him accidentally but I wasn’t falling over or anything stupid 

Edited by Homer

I’m still bloody annoyed with the primal scream -johnny marr clash. Think I’ll go for JM dues to having tickets for PS later this year. Might watch a bit of Vampire Weekend and have early night. Nothing for me after GVF. 

SOAD t shirt today if anyone bumps in

13 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I’m still bloody annoyed with the primal scream -johnny marr clash. Think I’ll go for JM dues to having tickets for PS later this year. Might watch a bit of Vampire Weekend and have early night. Nothing for me after GVF. 

SOAD t shirt today if anyone bumps in

Ps setlists say the repeatedly open with two golden oldies then play a load of new(Er) stuff. I reckon catching the first two then going to Marr looks like the winner.

Annoyingly the two things I really want to see - Marr and cut Copy - are at the beginning and the end 👍

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ps setlists say the repeatedly open with two golden oldies then play a load of new(Er) stuff. I reckon catching the first two then going to Marr looks like the winner.

Annoyingly the two things I really want to see - Marr and cut Copy - are at the beginning and the end 👍

Cheers for that. Good shout

If anyone catches a dude with a zebra shirt that's me, I'm at the front row for VW!! This entrance was very odd, it was very chill but also felt a bit like it didn't get any hype in me

Brilliant night last night, one of the best one day line ups I've seen at a festival - almost too good as tonight is going to be a bit pale in comparison. It will give us the chance to wander round a bit more and see the smaller stages, last night was a lot of dashing between the two big stages and a lot of waiting around down the front (daughter likes to be right on the barrier). Think we'll stick it out to Grace Jones then leave at 1, and have a relatively early night.

Pleased with the organisation and layout, the only challenge last night was getting a taxi at Cais Sodre, which we got eventually (our apartment is actually walkable from there but we were knackered by then, having been up at 6am for the flight over).

15 minutes ago, Miloliquorice said:

If you are leaving the site early, its relatively painless, quick and inexpensive to get a taxi straight back into town (c. 10euro) 

Thanks might try that tonight - last night we left after The Cure / Robyn and it was too hectic to try anything other than follow the flow into the train station.

On 7/11/2019 at 1:48 PM, Hannah990 said:

Can you use card at the festival or just cash??!

Both. 

31 minutes ago, WFD said:

Brilliant night last night, one of the best one day line ups I've seen at a festival - almost too good as tonight is going to be a bit pale in comparison. It will give us the chance to wander round a bit more and see the smaller stages, last night was a lot of dashing between the two big stages and a lot of waiting around down the front (daughter likes to be right on the barrier). Think we'll stick it out to Grace Jones then leave at 1, and have a relatively early night.

Pleased with the organisation and layout, the only challenge last night was getting a taxi at Cais Sodre, which we got eventually (our apartment is actually walkable from there but we were knackered by then, having been up at 6am for the flight over).

I got an Uber from CDS and it turned up immediately so maybe try that? This was at about 4.45 though

Hoe frequent are the trains? Ours turned up quickly. Was that luck or are they really frequent?

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Hoe frequent are the trains? Ours turned up quickly. Was that luck or are they really frequent?

Every 30-45 minutes I think during the night. We left Hot Chip slightly early to make one at 4am, will probably do the same for Cut Copy tonight.

The festival app giving me notifications about this being "the first 5G festival" while not being able to load in-app timeline is peak Portuguese 😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Every 30-45 minutes I think during the night. We left Hot Chip slightly early to make one at 4am, will probably do the same for Cut Copy tonight.

That’s lucky then - I happened to do exactly the same. I got driven out by their awful version of Sabotage

Btw is there ANY bar at all inside where you can get spirits? (aside from beirao thing) 

GESÙ GIUSEPPE E MARIA 

JOHNNY MARR ❤️❤️❤️

1 hour ago, Mikeve said:

Anything else beside beer or wine?!

I drank white/red sangria and it was a little meh...also a shot of I don't know what mix of anice, herbs and?? It was pretty ok for 1€